PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The last TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so pleased the Patriots scored on their last offensive possession since it obviously bothers you to no end.
It doesn't bother me in the slightest. WTF would I care. Just pointing out that your logic is stupid. Talk about inferiority complex. You guys must get sick of defending all your indescretions. Roids, Cameras, taking defenseless QB's out, going all out on a spike, scoring on 4th down, up 14, with 19 seconds to play. WOW, that's a plateful!

not even close to defending the indiscretion that is your birth

You'd think your team never did any wrong. ****, you guys were pissed we went for 2 in 2005. AND I KNOW there was WAY MORE TIME than 19 seconds left in that game.

I think HBM is right...we should have gone for two. Darn Colts! Always one step ahead...

Attachments

• emot-buddy.gif
    emot-buddy.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 65
LOL. NINETEEN SECONDS TO PLAY.

98 yards to go.

Even a perfect pass, to a streaking TO, takes 11-12 seconds.

If NE takes a knee, no way do the Cowboys even run a play. You're dreaming!!

And, I would be willing to bet that a team at some point somewhere, a team took a knee under similar circumstances.

Is that the way the Colts usually run it out?

:D

I'm sure someone here would come up with some ingenious justification for it.

Yup. Just good situational football, is all that is. Never know when your 4th string RB will need to come in with the game on the line and score from the 3...

I think BB cares more about what his players think than whether other teams' fanbases consider him a good sportsman. Eckel had never scored a TD in his career...maybe won't again for a long time...maybe never again. He's a Navy grad...why not toss him a chance, and if he gets stuffed, so be it. Sure lots of people dislike it...but none of them are in that locker room, I bet. Eckel and his family will be happy, and the players will remember. I think that's what matters to Belichick.

You guys must get sick of defending all your indescretions. Roids, Cameras, taking defenseless QB's out, going all out on a spike, scoring on 4th down, up 14, with 19 seconds to play. WOW, that's a plateful!
It kills you to see the Patriots 6-0 and talk of undefeated season. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yup. Just good situational football, is all that is. Never know when your 4th string RB will need to come in with the game on the line and score from the 3...

I think BB cares more about what his players think than whether other teams' fanbases consider him a good sportsman. Eckel had never scored a TD in his career...maybe won't again for a long time...maybe never again. He's a Navy grad...why not toss him a chance, and if he gets stuffed, so be it. Sure lots of people dislike it...but none of them are in that locker room, I bet. Eckel and his family will be happy, and the players will remember. I think that's what matters to Belichick.

Could be, I don't know. BB doesn't seem like that type of guy. I don't think Dungy would have done it that way. I think after the 2 minute warning, at the 9 yard line, Manning would have started to take a knee.

As a matter of fact, with 1:19 to play, Colts managed to only run 2 plays to end their most recent game:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=20071007011

And somehow, the week before, Manning and the Colts were able to TAKE A KNEE on 3 consecutive plays, starting with 1:57 to play, to end the game.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playb...ayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2007&week=REG4

So, how's come NE couldn't do it??

Could be, I don't know. BB doesn't seem like that type of guy. I don't think Dungy would have done it that way. I think after the 2 minute warning, at the 9 yard line, Manning would have started to take a knee.

As a matter of fact, with 1:19 to play, Colts managed to only run 2 plays to end their most recent game:

And somehow, the week before, Manning and the Colts were able to TAKE A KNEE on 3 consecutive plays, starting with 1:57 to play, to end the game.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playb...ayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2007&week=REG4

Because Phillips called a timeout at 1:48 stopping the clock troll. If he did not do that the Pats could have run the clock out without turning the ball over. Glad to see your hate is so great you can't even read the play by play to figure this out yourself but what else is new?

Because Phillips called a timeout at 1:48 stopping the clock troll. If he did not do that the Pats could have run the clock out without turning the ball over. Glad to see your hate is so great you can't even read the play by play to figure this out yourself but what else is new?
What's a "clock troll"?? Still, take a knee on 2nd down, 3rd down, clock tick tocks away, everybody shakes hands and goes home. No worries though, like the other guy said, a 4th stringer got his TD, he's in the record books.

Only He Ban Me could seriously suggest that the Patriots have an inferiority complex. LOL! Classic stuff.

Could you at least PRETEND to know anything about the game of football? Please? Just show me when peyton has taken a knee on 4th down and gotten a turnover. Every single game that we were ahead and able to kneel the entire clock down, we have. And it's not even about friggin sportsmanship, it's just friggin SMART.

What's a "clock troll"?? Still, take a knee on 2nd down, 3rd down, clock tick tocks away, everybody shakes hands and goes home. No worries though, like the other guy said, a 4th stringer got his TD, he's in the record books.

Take a knee on 2nd, take a knee on 3rd and then it's 4th down with 20 seconds before the play clock expires. You take a knee and get a turnover? Colts haven't done that, why would you say the patriots should have? GET REAL stop reaching and stop hating!

You shouldn't run up the score UNLESS your opponent is still trying to win.

Calling a time out after the 2 minute warning when we were OBVIOUSLY trying to run the clock down (Kyle Eckel was carrying!!) was a pretty clear sign that Dallas was still trying to win. If they're still stubbornly calling timeouts to get the ball back even though we have our back up fullback rushing straight ahead on every play to eat clock then why should we just give them the ball back?

Buffalo didn't call any timeouts in the same situation 3 weeks ago so we just ran the clock down.

It's a two-way street.

Excellant point. Indeed, this should be the criteria all teams use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back