Welcome to PatsFans.com

The last refuge of a liberal

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 27, 2010.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,445 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

He did in his first 100 days but then he stopped. Obama has actually changed what he is or was a few times in his relatively short term. There is an ongoing debate now within the left as to what Obama actually is because even they don't have a clue. People who feel he has no direction are abandoning him.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  2. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,445 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Well that is a good post and goes along with the one where Patters mentions this concept and war. I remember a professor in college always talking about the division in politics and how it is the perfect tactic for the powerful. They like when we swing from side to side and get nothing done ... it's good for them and most of them have no soul anyways.

3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,445 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Nooooo ... that is LSD flex ... Alice in Wonderland world is drugs.

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +389 / 15 / -14

The federal government is the one that ended slavery, ended segration, ended voting rights discrimination, implemented programs to help those who were victims of discrimination and racism. Now, a movement largely driven by conservative and often southern whites (the same ones responsible for the historic bitory) wants to weaken government. Can you blame people for not trusting their motives?

The law appeared designed to focus on one group of people, just as in the past states (and the feds) passed laws focusing on Asians, Irish, and others. If the illegals were mostly from Europe, do you honestly think Arizona would pass such legislation.

What else could it be besides homophobia? Wasn't it racism when states passed laws preventing the last radical redefinition of marriage in human history, namely the right of interracial marriage? What did you think it was?

How could this be anything else? It's a sweeping judgment against Muslims. If people were against the Greek Orthodox Church as well perhaps you could argue otherwise. But, clearly, when people want to single out all people of one faith it's prejudice.

That op-ed piece was a fine piece of Islamophobia, racism, and homophobia. Try imagining these kinds of actions directed at your race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or religion, and tell me you would consider something reasonable.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,445 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

:rofl: .......................

6. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +299 / 3 / -4

I'm not sure what you're saying he was in his first 100 days, but then changed from.

maybe he "isn't" anything -- which could be good, could be bad. But I don't think you can argue that he's governed more from the left than he campaigned as.

7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I actually welcome the challenge.

I linked and found a ton of instances where afetr the 2008 election, conservatives were claiming victory for the Right...even though they lost both congress and the white house. Show me examples of the obviously liberal media claiming victory for liberal america, or that the nation was becomeing MORE liberal after liberals lost both the white house and congress....

enjoy searching! (This is gunna be a tough one)