Welcome to PatsFans.com

The last refuge of a liberal

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 27, 2010.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +537 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

Krauthhammer takes out the gatling gun on the liberal elitists

... Obama will shank one in the woods on this article.

I post it because this article mirrors many of the discussions right in this forum.

washingtonpost.com

That last line is powerful ... very powerful and true because it's seen even in this forum where a topic will not truly be discussed because some on the left believe people on the right are simply too ignorant to comprehend the point anyways. They are treated as less intelliigent, less open minded and lacking of the historical knowledge behind the concepts.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

Man, that is the most truthful article I've read from a MAJOR news outlet in a long, long time!

People can't just throw false labels around in hopes that it sticks. Real people know none of it is due to racism, homophobia, nativism and all the other BS we hear daily from the left.

If the vast majority vote RIGHT or more RIGHT than what we have currently, could that mean the nation has stepped back 2 generations?'

Only an arse would believe that.
  3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +537 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

That's what we will be reading until the election after that.

Unfortunately ... one moderate speaking to another here ...

It would be nice to see our country governed from the center.

Where issues are debated on their merit as opposed to current mob rule mentality. I'm expecting the far right to go guns blazing these next elections and the left will say see ... we were right about you.

Patters brought up a good point here several times when he said there isn't enough passion to govern from the center. Not enough passion from moderates ... he has a point.

So we will swing from the right to the left to the right and back again while many of the major issues facing this country get bandaid approaches to them to appease their base.

Ignorant politicians who's only goal is to keep their party in power.
    Making decisions that actually erode the power of their party.
    The more we think we move ahead the more we fall on our azzes as we keep electing these used car salesmen.

We are currently going big time broke ... hurting the country and their party at the same time.

How can people supposedly so smart be so stupid
    ... or do they think they have enough money to survive it all.
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -11

This has been the reality for many years, Reagan was an idiot, anyone who does't agree with their agenda is _____ism/ic.

Whne you can't defend policies you attack and dismiss your opponent, pure alinsky.
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +341 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Once again, there is a difference between an "article" and an op-ed (opinion) piece.

One is fact the other is someone's vision and has nothing to do with the newspaper's views on truth.

What's an op-ed?

Taking its name from its traditional position opposite the editorial page of a newspaper, an op-ed is an opinion essay written by a staff columnist or an outside contributor. It should have a clear point of view or argument supported by specific evidence. It does not represent the opinions of The Washington Post -- in fact, it may often contradict the opinion of the Post editorial board.

Washington Post Opinions Frequently Asked Questions - washingtonpost.com
  6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +537 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

You reinforce the concept of the op-ed piece Mrs. PF.

We know it is an opinion piece and we know it is not the opinion of the WP.

You tend to talk down :snob: to members from the center to the right here ...

You are one of the reasons the opinion piece was written.

You don't tend to discuss :snob::snob::snob: ... you tend to go into attack mode :deadhorse:most of the time.

Just saying ...
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Krauthhammer talking about elitists?

wonderful, at least he is finally commenting on something he knows about.

Now....run back to the Country Club, Charles. Nobody but fearful old white people actually listen to you anyway.

http://www.peteykins.com/sparklepony/Krauthammer.jpg
  8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +537 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

Another example HD of why the article was written.

You and MRS. PF are doing exactly what he says you do?

Just saying ...
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

You're EXACTLY right! It's frikkn' amazing how MrsP and HD reacted in the same manner. They just dismissed and refused to discuss it. To shift this discussion from what it actually is (a realistic discussion of what is happending in America) is mind-boggling.

I would ask both HD and MrsP;

"IF" the COUNTRY votes more moderate to conservative, how will YOU explain it?

HD, it won't be because of old white folks, you can bank on that.

Y'all do realize there WILL be a significant shift to the right, dontcha?
  10. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

3 thoughts:
    1) to some extent this is certainly true
    2) I hope Krauthamer and those on the right who agree with this piece recognize that they do the same thing. How often were people on the left who were anti-war or anti-bush dismissed as soft or even traitorous?

This continues today, and it occurs here. 13, only singling you out because the example comes to mind, but when you were given Constitutional reasons why the mosque in NYC can't/shouldn't be prevented, remember your responses dismissing those of us who disagreed with you as simplynot understanding how Muslims really think, or how bad sharia is?

This happens all the time, and while it shouldn't, it's kind if hard to take complaints about it seriously when the people complaining do it themselves.

3) Sometimes these labels are deserved. When I hear people complaining about the mosque referring to Muslims as ragheads (not here), yeah, I think there's reason to think of them as bigots. Same goes for people who oppose gay marriage because they think homosexuals are perverts -- you know what, those people are homophobes.
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

I can say with absolute certainty that I have not noticed an increase in bigotry of any kind among those I interact with in my own life....like NONE at all.

People don't suddenly BECOME homophobes or racists....they either always have or never have been.
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -9

You can feel it everywhere little by little it is seeping in, AMERICA IS FINALLY WAKING UP thanks to Barack Hussein Obama and the Nancy Pelosi Gang of closed door rats.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Ever notice how you never see us in the same place at the same time?

Listen here,

Just because Chuck Krauthammer says something doesnt mean its true. This "op-ed" is exactly like someone saying "If you complain about me calling you a dip$#!T, then you are a dip$#!t"

I don't buy the conservative gospil, mainly because its divisive, contradictory and llets the majority of its buyers believe the narrative that they are like the ones who spew it... I don't listen to ELITISTS who call other people elitist. I don't listen to people who tell me that Abortion is murder, but we need to kill muslims. I don't listen to people who call for war funds and to support the troops at any cost, then complain about spending. The entire agenda they force feed you is a lie, and has been proven WRONG.

Chuck Krauthammer is a fukcing HACK. You will never make as much money as he makes off of you fearful people.
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -9

The "Racist Homophobe Bullsh!t" that's one of their biggest weapons when they are getting the crap kicked out of them PLAY THE RACE CARD AND THEN PLAY THE GAY CARD.
  15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

HD....dude...you didn't answer my question, but instead chose to ramble off-topic.

So let me ask you once again....

16. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

It doesnt matter. The conservative mantra is that its always a victory for the RIGHT.

Lets take the last presidential election for example:

Obama beats McCain (left vote)
    Democratic majority in both the house and senate. (left vote)

FOX and conservative news reports a "Center Right" vote...which was complete Bull$#!t.

"House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH), whose party suffered tremendous losses Tuesday, insisted, "Democrats should not make the mistake of viewing Tuesday’s results as a repudiation of conservatism," adding, "America remains a center-right country."

Think Progress Novak: 3 Million Vote Margin = Mandate For Bush; 7 Million For Obama = No Mandate

Newsweek's Jon Meacham wrote an Oct.19 cover story titled "America The Conservative."

Meacham: We're a Conservative Country - Newsweek

FULL ARTICLE WITH TONS OF MORE LINKS: Election '08 -- The Center-Right Myth

I don't make this $#!t up....this is the way the pundits roll. You guys are so wrapped up in thier contradictory BS, that you don't see it.

come November, Republicans will pick up seats, democrats will beat republicans, some tea-party people will win, some will lose. Democrats will still hold a majority in both houses.... but I make you ONE GUARANTEE.

Conservatives will spin it as the nations is going conservative, just like 2008 when Obama(+7million) and the dems took over. And you all will eat the crap....like you always do....
  17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +341 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Oh, sorry. I guess the fact that you referred to it as "an article" and PR referred to it as "a most truthful article" I assumed that you both thought it was the same thing as an article - otherwise you wouldn't have referred to it as such.

As for me being "one of the reason the opinion piece was written," I really gotta ask you if you believe that? Do you honestly think that Krauthammer writes for liberals? Do you honestly think that liberals are going to believe him any more than conservatives are going to believe Joe Klein?

Krauthammer is not trying to change my mind - he is trying to gain more control over yours.

And he's succeeding admirably.
  18. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

Where did I refer to increases in bigotry or becoming racists/homophobes?
  19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +341 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Originally Posted by PatriotsReign
    "IF" the COUNTRY votes more moderate to conservative, how will YOU explain it?

Fear.

And "IF" the country ends up in even worse shape than now, how will YOU explain it?

No, wait, I know....you'll say it was all the fault of the previous administration - even tho today you all deny that previous administrations have anything to do with the present state of affairs.
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

Attack, attack, attack....is that all that motivates you?

"Fear" will be your answer...right. And if the country votes more left, you'd say it was an "Awakening"

You really are precious.

Also, you're either lying or mistaken because I've never said it wasn't Bush's fault. I've said it was the fault of BOTH parties because that's the truth and it can't be argued. Unless you can show me where and when the democrats fought against the "community re-investment act" As I recall, they supported it enthusiastically.