Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Last Days of John Lennon

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Michael, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

2. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#3 Jersey

We had a very similar thing on last night, that I watched for about 15 minutes (Family Guy was on) but seemed really good!

3. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

We?

_________

4. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Britain, although I think it aired previously. I watched it when I came in from the Liverpool game. Funny enough I went past Mendips yesterday too on the way to finish some christmas shopping.

Some seriously odd people inhabit this planet, some seriously selfish people too. Not only did he deny Lennon the rest of his life, he also took a man a hell of alot of people loved, and his music. The later, I guess, will always live on.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  5. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Oh thanks. I didn't even notice U.K. Mendips, very cool. I so want to visit it and Liverpool. I've been a Beatle / Lennon fan for as long as I can remember. I have been to the Dakota and Strawberry Fields in Manhattan but, that's as close as I ever got to John. As Elton wrote it's funny how one insect can spoil so much grain.

6. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

7. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Hard to believe John was younger than I am now when that picture was taken. It really doesn't seem that long ago but, I was just a kid. Julian is even older than I am. Must have been very strange for him to realize he was older than John was when he was assassinated.

8. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#3 Jersey

Liverpool is a fantastic city! And I am not just saying that because I am an LFC supporter! Alot of people say its rough and a horrible place, but they probably haven't been there for a long time (or from Manchester)!

If you do go, you won't be disappointed! :)

9. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Liverpool is like every other city in the sense that she has her good places and bad places but Liverpool is a city of extremes, there is no middle ground here, no sitting on the fence. If you want to find out about yourself come to Liverpool because sooner or later you will be told. :D Hearts are firmly on sleeves.

The nice areas are wonderful if your into the type of things Liverpool offers and the not so good areas are just that. Same goes for the people, thankfully Liverpool is home to this weird atmosphere were everyone talks to random strangers like they've known each other for years. It's a warm enviroment filled with brutal honesty and humour but the opposite are some of the ugliest attitudes in people I've come across.

Anfield is the mecca of soccer while Goodison is a sh!t hole. Like I say, extremes :D

It's an expensive trip over in terms of flights ect but one I'd certainly have to make Michael, theres not just the homes but the museum, their schools, hangouts, Penny Lane, The Cavern ect ect. It's a Beatles fan's playground. Transports good, Hotels are good, shopping is easy and the grub is good. Make it happen Mike :D

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 11 / -27

After George, John is a very close second to my favorite Beatle.. loved his music/lyrics, but after a while the "attention whore disease" got to him, and really loathe Yoko.. still have all his music on the IPOD..

Most of what he did, what he said, what he wrote is indelibly etched in the back of the brain.. all I want is some truth.

Remember the Monday nite football game well, when Howard told us all about how he was shot.. that really hit home. Have visited the Dakota and Strawberrry Fields.. Peace.