Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Koch brothers are the “financial engine of the Tea Party” - Romney

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +383 / 3 / -15

At least we 53 percenters aren't asking for base necessities be provided for us by the rest of you. I see nothing wrong with basic safety nets for the disabled and elderly. I will never support lifetime base necessities be provided by our gov't for any American able to work.

I fully support limitting the number of children gov't (i.e. taxpayers) will help parents support. In other words, I don't see any sense in giving more public funds to families that think it's ok to have 5-6 children when they can't afford one.

Limit the number of children the gov't will help support to 2. Any more and you're on your own. Too many people see more children as more gov't assistance. Time for that to end.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

so you are for MORE government regulation? I get it.

you are more than welcome to start a thread on your completely unrelated rant.

Note: This thread is about the Tea-Party movement and its financial backing by the Koch brothers
  4. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +383 / 3 / -15

You opened this discussion up, not me when you made the comment

The only US citizens that without a doubt SHOULD be regulated are those taxpayers subsidize. Should someone who has never worked be able to have as many children as they please? Yes, of course they should. But they should never expect to recieve gov't assistance for an unlimitted number of children.

Wouldn't you agree HD?
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I think you are missing the point.

The reason I reference the so called "53%ers" is because they claim that ACORN is funding the OWS movement. The claim its not organic, the claim that 47% of people don't pay taxes, or work hard...all because two brother fund the loudest A-holes...

and here we have documented proof that the leading candidate on the republicnan side knows exactly what is funding the astro-turfed movement that most 53%ers associate with.

the tea-party.

Putting limitations of how many children a person could have? Great idea, if you are living in communist China. Why is it that the 53%ers, and the tea-party seem to gravitate to ideas that are acceptable in communist nations?

Cheap labor
    deregulation
    limitless pollution

for a bunch of 'freedom lovers', y'all sound a hell of a lot like Chairman Mao...nahmean?

Photo of Chaiman MEOW:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/_...ng_portrait.jpg/250px-Mao_Zedong_portrait.jpg
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

If the Koch's are backing The Tea party, good for them, America is dying, something has to be done.

(molt)
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

nothing like a bunch of dinosaurs who did nothing but inherit billions from daddy funding a bunch of politicians to scream about BS things like death panels, ACORN, the EPA, and spending, so they can get even more easy $$! why would someone worth 25 Billion want to do that?

Hope you enjoy the outsourced for profit world these dicklikers are creating!

Its gunna get way worse Harry...way worse thanks to the right wing sell-outs.

These two schmucks are tied for 4th on the list of the richest americans.

The Richest People in America - Forbes

If we only cut a few more regulations on their drilling, and grant them no-bid contracts to privatly run power plants in say...oh I don't know....Wiscionsin..

maybe THEN they can finally eclipse Mr. Gates...or my boss.

when you boil it down, THAT is really what these douchebags are about. The climb.

With your support, hopefully we can get these trust fund douches to the top.

(Pretty much the exact same thing thats going on with OWS and ACORN)

Insert "eye rolling emotocon" from the internet here
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

Dear God what in the name of God can we do.
  9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 7 / -9

Pay-per-view celebrity boxing vs. the Winklevoss Twins?
  10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +563 / 7 / -9

So we have an internal Romney memo acknowledging that "Freedomworks" runs the Tea Party, and the Kochs run Freedomworks -- in other words, a slam dunk that the Tea Party is, in fact, an astroturf movement...

And we hear, what, that some fringie birchers think that maybe homeless guys get a free sammich from OWS for being there?

And the source is the John Birch Society?

And that's the thread with the hits????
  11. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +383 / 3 / -15

So Holy Diver fully support gov't assistance for an unlimitted number of children...I just don't get it.

I never stated anyone should put limits on the number of children people can have. I did say we should LIMIT THE NUMBER OF THE CHILDREN THE GOV'T WILL PROVIDE SUPPORT TO.

But it's people like you who think it's ok for a family to have 8 kids all on gov't support that perpetuates reliance upon gov't.
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Cain said yesterday that He and the Koch Dudes are brothers from different mothers..
  13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Of course he does - because he's smart enough to know that most people don't intend on collecting gov't assistance for themselves or their children and hence, they do not plan their families around it.

Many, many people who end up on gov't assistance, as you put it, do so because there has been a death in the family or a serious illness or an unexpected disaster of great magnitude.

It's nice you want to be the one to say to your coworker's widow, "Sorry, Charlene, too bad Bob got killed in that tornado and you lost your house and everything you own and broke both of your legs but I made sure years ago that only two of your children were eligible for our help. Too bad about the other three."

Good for you. Makes me right proud to think we share the word "human" in our genetic make up.
  14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +383 / 3 / -15

I know you like to find the exceptions to a general statement to make your point, so I expected this kind of response from you.

If you follow my posts in this thread, you'd know I've been talking about people who have never worked. Yes, I absolutely support limitting gov't assistance for people that have never held a job and don't want one. Disaster victims are not all "part of the same group".

But ok, let the country play by your rules where anyone can have all the children the want and live off gov't assistance for 20+ years. Now THAT'S one great country! And if the funds get low, hell...just raise taxes on the rich!!!!:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Clinton passed the new welfare law limiting benefits to 5 years.. so epic fail again..
  16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +383 / 3 / -15

"Epic fail" is a chump-comment. You can do better.

So "Welfare" is limitted to 2 years...no sh1t shrilock. I'm talking about housing, food stamps, heat, and all the other support they can get for years.

Don't you care how you tax dollars are spent and/or the structure of the programs they fund?

So who truly had the epic fail here Darrylly-poo?

The more children we allow to be born into "Gov't supported families", the greater the chance the children growing up in those homes will be on gov't support.
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Food Stamps benefits Agriculture, people are a by product as this program is managed by the Department of Agiculture...

Subsidized housing benefits landlords as it is managed by HUD..

All of these programs benefit the corporations more than the poor person, they are the secondary recipient.. in our paternal system, poor folks get the crumbs..

Heating assistance benefits oil companies as they get the payment..

The reason why food stamps are on the rise is because of this economy, and the advent of many part time jobs...

"Gov't supported families" does not compute, except on some extreme rightie web sites/sound byte. Don't see where too many folks are getting a free ride for 20+ years..
  18. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +563 / 7 / -9

A "chump" comment, I tell you! You gonna take that, Darryl?

Back when I was a kid them was fightin' words. Chump. Wow. Of course that was in the 1970s.

PR, that's something Starsky would say to Hutch, or Greg would say to Marsha on a particularly drama-laden Brady Bunch.
  19. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +563 / 7 / -9

By the way, PR, as Darryl points out you might want to learn about how social services function before coming up with more brilliant policy pronouncements.

You're just barking up the wrong tree. Continuing to complain about some stereotype you're holding in your mind is trying to get blood from a turnip at this point.

Try another track.... this one is just fruitless in terms of policy, it's only good for internet posting. There's nothing actionable about "boy I sure hate the stereotype of large poor families getting ever fatter and richer on the public dime."
  20. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +383 / 3 / -15

So you're another one who endorses gov't support for an unlimitted number or children? Don't you think that just perpetuates reliance upon gov't?

Do you believe it would be wrong to limit the number of children taxpayers should be willing to help support? Becaue you and Darryl are correct...our gov't doesn't really support them, taxpayers do.

I have no stereotype in mind. I am just stating I am not in favor of allowing people on gov't assistance to have as many children as they please. I did not say they all have a lot of children or any more than families of other classes. UNLESS you would like me to look up the avg. # of children by social class and then we can discuss?

Side Note: "chump" is word that won't penalize me. I'd prefer to use a different word. Regardig "fighting words"...I get the feeling Darryl wasn't a fighter in his yute.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011