Welcome to PatsFans.com

The "Kill the Ground Zero Mosque" ad

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by JackBauer, Jul 22, 2010.

1. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +340 / 6 / -7

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Conservatives are so stupid. How do you think the Afghanis feel when we build a base there, or the Iraqis feel when we bulld a military city there? Nah....its different when WE do it, riiiiight, right?

"This ground is sacred"....its frickin New York.

for a nation FOUNDED on religious tolerance these people funding this are going in the opposite direction.

Here's an idea for you idiots, "REBUILD GROUND ZERO!!!" its been almost 10 years.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

Who gives a sh!t this country is all done anyway, it's turning into another third world garbage dump.
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

TURNING?

you should check what a 3rd world country is, and how our lack of manufacturing, exportation of raw goods and importation of finished goods puts the United States in the category of a 3rd world nation.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

What difference does it make? As far as I'm concerned, any time someone blasts a religion, it's OK...as long as they're blasting all religions.

That is what they mean, right? What a stupid ad. What's disturbing about it, though, is that at least 1/3 of Americans believe every word.

More on the mosque (really funny):
    YouTube - Mosque Built at Ground Zero...
  6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

What total Bull Sh!t, the "mosque" is nothing more than an empty room with wall to wall carpet in it somewhere in a community center two blocks from zero. No Dome, No minarets, no call to prayers. More Hysteria and scare tactics from the clowns.

I started reading about this last winter, when i read the headline i was pizzed, then i read the rest of the story.
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

Holy, it's not as simple as you're attempting to make it out to be. While I'd allow (I don't want to say support) the mosque to be built, I absolutely understand why so many don't want it there. I couldn't imagine what it must be like to be someone who lives there, or had someone they know and love die there. I don't know when this mosque was planned, or what the specifics associated with it's being built are, but I wonder if there couldn't have been some kind of accomodation made to appease both parties. Something like building it a few blocks away from that particular site maybe. I'm guessing with the congestion of the area, such a possiblity would be incredibly difficult to make happen. Never the less, I don't know how you tell them they can't build it. If it were a temple, church, etc. no one would (generally speaking of course) mind. I wonder if the security of the people who will be frequenting the mosque, would be somehow used as a reason to put it elsewhere. I'm not saying that should happen, but the gubmit always finds a way to justify something it wants to do. Again though, I'm not sure how you can tell them they can't build a mosque.
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

BTW, I don't think the protest here is relegated to conservatives. NY is a pretty blue state, and I'm sure the heart of the city there is very blue as well. The disdain, or opposition toward the mosque, probably crosses all kinds of political lines, on a civilian level.
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

Good point. I also recall video of CIVILIAN (non-radical) muslims around the world celebrating with that God-awful savage screaming noise they make after 9-11. So if average muslims were celebrating....lingering anger is just and understandable.
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Lets just not allow any mosques in new york, or Washington. After all, it was muslims who flew planes into those buildings.

Lets not let any white christians build churches in Oaklahoma City.

Lets not build any churches near any IRS buildings

No churches for white people in Oakland

THE MUSLIM RELIGION DIDNT ATTACK US ON 9-11
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

BTW...

that video was posted by The National Republican Trust Pac

$#!T the end of the freaking video tells you to go to www.GOPTRUST.com for crying out loud!

so.....

YouTube - NRTPac's Channel

enjoy checking yourself
  12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Yeah, I saw that earlier.....cracked me up, it did.

Sarah Palin is a big fan of "Stop the Mosque," btw. She tweets about it all the time. That's the thing she wants us to refutiate because it's a "stab in the heart."

The National Republican Trust is not part of the Republican party, however. It's an independant conservative group tied to NewsMax and it tended to produce some highly inflamatory, untrue and sleezy ads during the last presidental campaign aimed at Democratic candidates - Obama, in particular.

FactCheck.org: A License to Kill
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

yeah...

I would put that political action committee in the circle of "conservative" wouldnt you?
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

I'm not talking about the ad dude. I'm talking about the general sentiment of the CIVILIANS, which is why I said "on a civilian level". You know, the people who live and work there. The ad is irrelevent, since it's the people who are the ones that are opposed to the mosque. If you think that every person who opposes it is a conservative, or a republican, then you're not all that bright.
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'd enjoy watching the liberal "Kill the mosque video"...

find that one.
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Well if I were the New York governor I would say build a mosque and a synagogue right next to each other ... now that

would truly exemplify what America is all about. There are plenty enough Jewish and Muslim people in that area to

support the move and it's symbolism would be huge ... it would be a very grand statement to the world.
  17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Here's your "civilian" sentiment broken down for ya:

Forty-six percent of Manhattan voters support the proposed mosque, whereas 36 percent don’t support it. Manhattan voters say, 68 to 12 percent, that Islam is peaceful, while Staten Island voters say so, 48 to 29 percent. Seventy-three percent of Staten Islanders, meanwhile, oppose the Cordoba House, while 14 percent of them approve it, according to the independent poll.

“Liberal Manhattan accepts the mosque and trusts Islam. Staten Island, where there’s controversy about another proposed mosque, is more skeptical,” said Carroll in the statement.

The poll also showed varying results among New York’s different populations. Whites think 53 to 28 percent that Islam is peaceful, whereas blacks think so, 61 to 12 percent. Forty-two percent of Jewish voters believe Islam to be peaceful, whereas 41 percent of them think Islam encourages violence. White Catholics say 48 to 31 percent is peaceful, as do white Protestants 64 to 18 percent.

Poll shows NY resistance to mosque

Oh, and, btw, you are aware that NBC and CBS have refused to run the ad showing here, aren't you?

And if you take the little survey asking if they were right or wrong to refuse to show it - the civilians are voting 64% - 36% in favor of the refusal.

'Kill the Ground Zero Mosque' ad rejected by CBS, NBC: Was it the right decision? | EW.com
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

I told you already, my point has nothing to do with the political ad. You're hell bent on it. My point is very simple, that this issue, in that area, is not about what party people are affiliated with. If you can't understand that point, then that's your problem.

You're the ultimate DB poster. No wonder people put you on ignore, or constantly tell you to go fetch them some bacon and eggs. I don't give a rats poisoned arse who thinks islam is peaceful. That has no bearing on anything I've said. My point was very, very simple, which is that when it comes down to the people who don't want it there, you can toss their political party out the window. To the people there, this is personal. It's like a pedophile moving into your neighborhood persay. A lot of the politics is irrelevent, when personal, real life emotions are involved. I've personally said they should be able to build it. I don't "support" it being built, I only support the process we all believe in as Americans, that gives them the freedom to.

There is a poll for everything.

Nice way to cherry pick Manhattan btw, as if only the people there, were affected by the tragedy of 9/11.

19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

You missed RW's point and made an irrelevant statement.

The fact is, millions of New Yorkers continue to have ill will toward the muslim world regarding 9-11. That would HAVE to include a large chunk of liberals since NY is pretty darn liberal.

No one, including you can paint the world with a "left vs right" brush. Never have and never will.

Many, many liberals own guns and LOVE to hunt and skin animals....did you know that Holy one>?
  20. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That can't be true! Next you'll say there are liberal Christians... Catholics even! And they cling to their guns and their Bibles!