PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jumbo Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
What do you all think of Seau playing fullback? Personally, I'd rather have Evans at fullback, and Maroney or Faulk as running back. I am fine with the three TE's. The third TE has been Vrabel at times. Other times it has been Hochstein or O'Callagahn.

What do you all think of Seau playing fullback? Personally, I'd rather have Evans at fullback, and Maroney or Faulk as running back. I am fine with the three TE's. The third TE has been Vrabel at times. Other times it has been Hochstein or O'Callagahn.

Our passing out of the Vrabel and Seau formation seems to work. But we can't run near the goal line at all, it's kind of frustrating watching it. I'll take the Brady TD passes, but at this point I'd rather see some TD's by Maroney or Evans.

We could pass just as well with Maroney or Faulk in instead of Seau.

I would prefer the 3-TE look, but without a blocking back, and then Maroney and Moss. This would give us a legit running threat, and would distract a safety away from the middle of the field.

The more things they try, the more things defenses have to prepare for. It's brilliant. Bill loves to overwhelm them with different looks.

For a defense on its heels and with its back to its own goal line, that is a lot of data to process, having all those different guys and looks trotting on and off the field. Holy cows.

Holy moley too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes