PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The John Kitna of Running Backs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying they will (I mean, c'mon, they're the LIONS), but Miami went from 1-15 to 11-5. Depending on injuries in their division, a ten win swing has happened as recently as last year, and 10-6 will make the playoffs in a lot of years.

They may play in the NFC, and in a weak division, but I don't see them turning it around that quick. They have a lot of problems there that will take more than a year to fix. Even BB needed a 5-11 season before he got the Pats going.

If 6-10 is good enough to make the playoffs then Detroit is going

I think 6-10 is about right for this team this year

Last edited:
Let's be honest: the Lions don't have a chance this year. Rebuilding them will be a project. That said, the players should believe that they can make it. They may be just about the worst collection of professionals ever assembled, but they're still professionals.

^^ Agreed. If a player doesn't feel like he can go to the playoffs what would be the point in trying on the field?

We will definitely make the playoffs this season

lolz

that dude needs to be worrying about week 1.
when will these knuckleheads ever learn?

I was at a stand-up comedy show last weekend and one of the performers made this remark about the Lions:

"You know your team is bad when a team of players with no legs could match their record."

Never thought of it that way before... :cool:

The Lions could, very well, end up in the play-offs. Chicago has a new QB, but is still short on the receivers.. And their O-line has a couple of new parts. Green Bay is instilling a whole new defense. The Vikings still don't have a legit QB plus they've revamped their entire LB corps. And the Lions have added a ton of quality players this off-season, particularly on defense. They added Larry Foote, Julian Peterson, Anthony Henry, Philip Buchanon, And Grady Jackson. They also added some talent to the offensive side of the ball. Ronald Curry, Bryant Johnson, Toniu Fonoti, and Terrelle Smith.

And they had a helluva draft. With Pettigrew, Delmas, Sammie Lee Hill, Aaron Brown, and Lydon Murtha. 4 of them are players that many people felt the Pats should add.

I don't believe that Detroit will be a pushover this year.

We will definitely make the playoffs this season

lolz

that dude needs to be worrying about week 1.
when will these knuckleheads ever learn?

The same can be said about fans.. Think about it.

While the Lions making the playoffs is a distinct improbability to dismiss the possibility outright is a bit over the top. I like to see players with confidence in themselves and their teams, and its certainly not impossible that they make a comeback this year. 9-7 might even be good enough to get it done. Realistically, I see them as a 5-6 win team this year, but with the NFL, you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes