Not open for further replies.

weswelker#83

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
0128_large.jpg

http://blog.nj.com/ledgergiants/2008/01/eli_hits_the_cover_of_si.html

:)

All according to BB's master plan!! :)

I love the "one million touchdowns" photoshop by the way.
Brilliant!

Well, we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
I don't believe in the SI cover jinx. If the number of times the Patriots (and Red Sox, and Celtics) were on it this year isn't evidence enough, I don't know what is.

That said, I love how they put the idiotic Dr. Z prediction on the cover, I'm sure it'll go flying off NYC news stands now.

Weren't the Pats on Sports Illustrated this year a lot and they won? I guess the jinx is not on. It is nice to see them on the cover though. I will have to go out an buy one.

And wasn't Favre on the cover just before the championship game?

We're immune to the jinx, brotha!

What SI SHOULD stop doing is making pre-season Super Bowl picks. Sometimes your right, but when you're wrong, it's not like it's forgotten as if you were some meaningless blog. When you pick the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl, there's a pretty clear paper trail.

Weren't the Pats on Sports Illustrated this year a lot and they won? I guess the jinx is not on. It is nice to see them on the cover though. I will have to go out an buy one.
You better hope Eli doesn't land on the cover of Madden 09. Now that is one jinx I'm afraid of.
Hopefully Tom has the good sense of telling them no if they come knocking. I seriously doubt they would ask Randy. That would leave Romo, Eli and Peterson as the leading candidates.

No the jinx does not apply to us because we are Titletown...

It only applies to teams from backwater, podunk, he!!holes like New Jersey!

No the jinx does not apply to us because we are Titletown...

It only applies to teams from backwater, podunk, he!!holes like New Jersey!

Actually Titletown is Green Bay. They have 12 championships. When the Giants and Pats combined don't come close, that shows you what the real titletown is.

Why do you feel the need to belittle New Jersey... like Massachusetts is some paradise. Don't get me wrong... I like MA... I live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes