PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets were just unlucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not get a chance to watch the game live but recorded it. So take it for what it is worth. Watching the game, I don't think the Pats dominated but did enough to win. Brady was terrible in the first half (that is all I have watched so far). The pats were in lots of 3rd and long situations but converted. The Jets did do some stupid things that really hurt them.

The Jets are a really good team that will again cause lots of problems in the post-season.

You should watch the 2nd half before you post.

If I wanted to read Jets fans posts I'd be over at the forum.

I wish people would stop importing this stuff here, I really don't care what some random fan says about his team and I'm not sure why others would.

...says the man reading a messageboard where random fans say things about their team.

Here's my problem:
The game could have turned out REALLY BADLY had the Jets actually made the 2-3 INTs on those terrible Brady throws in the first half. Brady and the offense looked AWFUL in the first half. The 2nd half didn't look all that better honestly, Brady made some big plays, yes, he gets that credit, but it still wasn't exactly clean albeit for maybe 1 drive.

14 of the points we scored were thanks to the defense: A fumble that set us up in the redzone and a pick-6 near the end of the game.

Then you look at the defense. Yes, they made some great plays. The really impressive part is they actually got some pressure on Sanchez. The reason I'm not trusting in the result, though, is because it's SANCHEZ. He's looked AWFUL the last couple weeks and it was the same story in this game. He missed a lot of open recievers, couldn't get the blocking schemes right, held on to the ball way to long at times, etc. I still think this defense has virtually no shot at keeping a team like Greenbay under 30 or 35 points.

Watch the second half...then rewatch the first half...

Absolutely. The 24-7 second half of this game was a dominant performance as much by the Patriots defense as by the offense that scored 17 of those 2nd half points.

Those morons in NY want to think that Ninkovich's 2 interceptions and Carter's 4.5 sacks were luck?!?

Deion Branch's TD was a great pass and a terrific move by a veteran SB MVP receiver. Luck? The Patriots offense hanging 30 points on the Jets defense was luck?

This is infuriating to think about. How does incompetence = luck? The Jets' fumbled punt, missed field goal, allowed sacks and awful QB passes for interceptions were bad plays by the Jets against a team they knew they could not trifle with. We knew the Patriots had to play a "clean" game and that if Brady had another turnover-filled game, the Pats would lose.

My mind keeps racing back to Tony Romo blowing the Jets game with the goal-line fumble and horrible interception. The Jets are lucky to be 5-4 and not out of it at 4-5, not the other way around.

I am the world's biggest Tim Tebow fan right now. I hope he finds a way tomorrow night. The Broncos defense if good enough to keep Sanchez and Shonn Green under control. I just hope the Broncos can put a few points on the board.

Last edited:
And kickers miss field goals all the time and WRs sometimes trip; yet you think those are luck. Your distinction between what is luck and what isn't is meaningless.

Your inability to read and comprehend is what seems to be the problem here. As a result, this is a waste of time. Keep that head in the sand!

Maybe on offense they were a bit unlucky but not on defense. They got outplayed and I wouldn't call being completely exhausted unlucky..

Absolutely. The 24-7 second half of this game was a dominant performance as much by the Patriots defense as by the offense that scored 17 of those 2nd half points.

Those morons in NY want to think that Ninkovich's 2 interceptions and Carter's 4.5 sacks were luck?!?

Deion Branch's TD was a great pass and a terrific move by a veteran SB MVP receiver. Luck? The Patriots offense hanging 30 points on the Jets defense was luck?

This is infuriating to think about. How does incompetence = luck? The Jets' fumbled punt, missed field goal, allowed sacks and awful QB passes for interceptions were bad plays by the Jets against a team they knew they could not trifle with. We knew the Patriots had to play a "clean" game and that if Brady had another turnover-filled game, the Pats would lose.

My mind keeps racing back to Tony Romo blowing the Jets game with the goal-line fumble and horrible interception. The Jets are lucky to be 5-4 and not out of it at 4-5, not the other way around.

I am the world's biggest Tim Tebow fan right now. I hope he finds a way tomorrow night. The Broncos defense if good enough to keep Sanchez and Shonn Green under control. I just hope the Broncos can put a few points on the board.
This was my take on the game from the weekend. The first half was an arm wrestle between the Jets and Patriots. The second half was complete domination by the Patriots. That's not luck, it's a simple truth as you've rightfully addressed.

This was my take on the game from the weekend. The first half was an arm wrestle between the Jets and Patriots. The second half was complete domination by the Patriots. That's not luck, it's a simple truth as you've rightfully addressed.

I would think that what really galls those Jets fans isn't so much the domination the Patriots showed, but that this defeat was handed to them on their own turf.

I'm surprised Fireman Ed hasn't spontaneously combusted.

Funny how the breaks always seem to go to the team that's playing harder....

I've long held that, mistakes being part of the game, the better team is merely the one that does the best job of taking advantage of them.

Last edited:
Couple of unlucky and stupid plays that would have made the game much closer, but the pats won and deserved it. End thread.

It's not nonsense at all. Gronk didn't just casually step out of bounds. He had help. I'm not sure what's so difficult about this stuff that people can't just admit to the obvious.

"Lucky" plays are wildly inconsistent from game to game. You claiming otherwise makes me wonder if you've ever watched ANY sporting event.

The loser's lament, as you put it, got the Patriots beaten in the playoffs last season. You can keep just sticking your head in the sand, or you can look at what happens in games and try to actually analyze it.

If Holmes doesn't slip, it's 7-0 Jets. If Folk doesn't miss the gimme, it's 3-0 Jets. In either case, that would have led to a much different start to the game, and we have no idea how things would have gone from there. You can pretend that such things don't matter. History has proven otherwise, time and time again.
Exactly how has history proven that is something that happened didnt happen you know what would have followed? As far as I know history has not yet figured out how to undo an event.

Couple of unlucky and stupid plays that would have made the game much closer,

You can say the same thing about pretty much any game, anytime.

but the pats won and deserved it. End thread.

And if there's any true grace in the world, end of the New Jersey Green Beans for 2011 as well.

...says the man reading a messageboard where random fans say things about their team.

And here I was thinking that nobody would be so dense as to require clarification on that point.

Random fans talking about their teams which are not the team I am a fan of.

Good try on the internet checkmate though.

Couple of unlucky and stupid plays that would have made the game much closer, but the pats won and deserved it. End thread.
There was only one play that could be deemed unlucky and that was the first Ninkovich interception. The second interception was a brilliant piece of football by Ninkovich. The McKnight fumble was an error in skill execution.

The game was "as close" as it should have been.

You can say the same thing about pretty much any game, anytime.

And if there's any true grace in the world, end of the New Jersey Green Beans for 2011 as well.

Can't wait til January;)

Can't wait til January;)

Wanting to get the nonsense behind you is totally understandable. But you might as well try to enjoy these last seven games as best you can. At 5-4, you've got a shot at .500 or maybe a bit better.

And here I was thinking that nobody would be so dense as to require clarification on that point.

Random fans talking about their teams which are not the team I am a fan of.

Good try on the internet checkmate though.

I find it amusing that you think your clarification somehow changes anything.

Your inability to read and comprehend is what seems to be the problem here. As a result, this is a waste of time. Keep that head in the sand!

Yes, that is obviously the problem. You did a masterful job of explaining yourself and provided numerous examples supporting your opinion with facts. How could it be anything other than me. I am willing to learn but I understand that your attention is needed in other threads and you simply couldn't spare a moment to simplify your position to the point where someone like me could understand it.

There is always a combination.

Yeah, we are very unlucky to have the Douche Awry post here.

However, we magnify our unluck by continually letting him post and engage his posts.

Or quote his posts so that everyone sees them many times and those who ignore him see them at all.

The loser's lament, as you put it, got the Patriots beaten in the playoffs last season. You can keep just sticking your head in the sand, or you can look at what happens in games and try to actually analyze it.
here's my problem with this statment. I'm a man of science where analysis is the key to success.

Speculating on things that don't take place is not analyisis... it's fantasy. Analyze something with some credible evidence and the call it valid. Don't play "suppose" and assume the outcome of the next event based on something that doesn't happen. That's not analysis. That's just some fan's opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes