The Jags {fans} WANT New England [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot_in_NY

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic452449-6-1.aspx

I love this quote

"I'd go with the pats. I think that if the jags can go into the 4th quarter tied or in the lead you'll see the pats crumble and make a mistake. I know that seems crazy to say but they HAVE to win the SB after going 16-0. That will increase the pressure on them 100-fold. That kind of pressure will get to them."

:singing: Yeah, cuz we've been doing that all season long. :rolleyes: Have these guys even watched us this year. Obviously, their fear of the Colts is all-consuming and prevents them from seeing the forest through the trees.

Be careful what you wish for Jax.

Last edited:
Re: The Jags WANT New England

I love this quote

"I'd go with the pats. I think that if the jags can go into the 4th quarter tied or in the lead you'll see the pats crumble and make a mistake. I know that seems crazy to say but they HAVE to win the SB after going 16-0. That will increase the pressure on them 100-fold. That kind of pressure will get to them."

:singing: Yeah, cuz we've been doing that all season long. :rolleyes: Have these guys even watched us this year. Obviously, their fear of the Colts is all-consuming and prevents them from seeing the forest through the trees.

That was from a moronic fan. I wish it would have been a Jags player who said it.

As shown here time and time again, you can't say the Patriots want --- because of what a poster wrote.

Of course they want to play NE, they lost twice to the Colts, and the fans of every team think they have a road map from the Eagles/Ravens/Giants.

who cares what their fans want. Rashean Mathis said it doesnt matter. anything happens in league and they are willing to fight whoever

Of course they want to play NE, they lost twice to the Colts, and the fans of every team think they have a road map from the Eagles/Ravens/Giants.

oddly enough, they are built to take down the Colts, but still they fail.

I love this quote

Posting message board idiot opinions is just a weak minded approach to thread starting. If you want to attract trolls to smack talk with, post this crap where it belongs.

I want Joe Fraizer! I want Joe Fraizer!

LOL!

Exactly.
Forget silly threads about what fanboys and pundits say. Were a JAX player to say it, it might be amusing.

That was from a moronic fan. I wish it would have been a Jags player who said it.

As show here time and time again, you can't say the Patriots want --- because of what a poster wrote.

I was mostly talking about the poll, and I just found the quote funny. I didn't really post this to make fun of Jags fans. I can't really blame that for that poll either given their history against the Colts.

I just thought I'd share. It's like posting a poll that say's "would you rather get hit with a shovel, or a hammer". I found it amusing is all. :singing:

Posting message board idiot opinions is just a weak minded approach to thread starting. If you want to attract trolls to smack talk with, post this crap where it belongs.

Posting stupid ass, negative comments to other fans just cuz you don't "approve" of thread content is a weak minded approach to increasing your post count total. If you don't like the content STFU and move along. :rolleyes:

It's not like I start millions of threads or anything.

Mods, if the thread ain't in the right place, go ahead and move it.

Last edited:
Re: The Jags {fans} WANT New England

I see the Pats are quaking in their cleats. How is Belichick going to match wits the genius of Del Rio and how are the Pats going to stop the comeback capabilities of Garrard.
I guess we will just have to find out this week.
Be careful what you wish for Jags.

oddly enough, they are built to take down the Colts, but still they fail.

There's truth to this. Every year, you hear the same thing... "The Colts are going to have a tough time in the AFC South because the Jaguars are such a smashmouth team and will give them a run for their money." Every year, the Colts sweep them without a problem. Why? Personally, I think it has something to do with the fact that the Jaguars just aren't as good as the Patriots/Colts. No team is. Those two teams exist on such a higher plane that they're nearly untouchable in the playoffs until they meet each other, unless something crazy happens (like in 2005, the Patriots losing to the Broncos in the worst-officiated game in history and the Colts being upset by the Steelers).

Last edited:
Jaguars Fans Would Rather Play Us!

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic452097-6-2.aspx

There's a thread on a Jaguars message board, and most of them are saying they would rather play against the Pats than the Colts. Most of them cite the weather saying that they would have an advantage over us if there was snow.

While I was watching last night, I was cheering for the Steelers, because I wanted the Pats to beat up on them again, but as the evening progressed, I found myself rooting for the Jaguars because I think we're going to destroy them. Garrard looked horrible last night, and I honestly think that it won't change next week no matter who or where he plays.

Re: Jaguars Fans Would Rather Play Us!

There's a thread on a Jaguars message board, and most of them are saying they would rather play against the Pats than the Colts. Most of them cite the weather saying that they would have an advantage over us if there was snow.

While I was watching last night, I was cheering for the Steelers, because I wanted the Pats to beat up on them again, but as the evening progressed, I found myself rooting for the Jaguars because I think we're going to destroy them. Garrard looked horrible last night, and I honestly think that it won't change next week no matter who or where he plays.

The way I look at it is "two and done" for the Jags, but their fans are welcome to desire a visit to Foxboro if they choose.

I think you're right about Garrad. He's a good game management guy, and just cannot win a game with his arm. Or I should say we wouldn't expect that. He's probably a bit better than Leftwich since he can win a game with his legs, but that already happened. Ain't happenin' again.

Re: Jaguars Fans Would Rather Play Us!

They just don't want to get beat by the same team 3 times, that's all.

They'll realize that they didn't want the Patriots after next weeks game.

Re: The Jags {fans} WANT New England (merged)

Page 4 top post :patriots..I think our team would play better defense on natural grass than arifitcial turf.

Huh. He makes a good point...we should think about installing Field Turf or something! :rolleyes:

I like; "Keep me out of Indy. We suck in domes."

This is the team that is supposed to thrive in lousy weather.

Have you read their boards? Is it me, or are they a little, how shall I say it? Slow? A lot of it seems like 10 year olds wrote it.

Last edited:

Hey Pats fans, Jag fan here, and I have no intentions of trash talking.

I honestly don't see us (Jaguars) winning this game, though I feel it will be a close one.

Yes, the Jags struggled mightily against the Steelers in the 4th, but we found a way to pull out the W when the game was on the line.

David Garrard had a bad game, save for the 4th and 2. I don't expect him to have another one of these, as I expect the running game to bounce back this week; this opens up the passing game and helps Garrard out plenty.

The reason I think we'll lose this game is simple: Our secondary.

It has been a rollercoaster year for our DBs and going up against the hottest passing offense in the modern era is not encouraging. Our DBs (Mathis) bite very easily, and, while extremely athletic, Reggie Nelson still makes a boneheaded play every now and then (which is expected -- he's a rook with a bright future).

I'll say:

Patriots: 30
Jaguars: 24

The only way I see the Jaguars winning this game is if we win the battle of the trenches, and our pass-rush becomes a factor. We need to get to Brady and rattle him.

Well, just thought I'd say good luck next week. It should be a great one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots