Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Islamic Republic of Iran's Proposed Package for Constructive Negotiations

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Why didn't I hear about this?
    Why did I have to go looking for this?

anyway....here is Iran's proposal on negotiations and moving the world toward a dialog. I'm not saying they are right or wrong, but it seems to me that they are at least putting a foot in the hokey pokey circle, thats what its all about.

BTW: Does one believe that the Iranian government thinks of the US as terrorists the same way our leaders seem to be doing? I think so. I believe that we are as misunderstood to them as they are to us. A grand ammount of people being swayed by soundbites and mistranslations...

anyway...

http://www.campaigniran.org/casmii/index.php?q=node/5011

Iran's "Package for Constructive Negotiations"

On 13 May 2008, Iran presented its proposal for talks with the 5+1 group, entitled, "Package for Constructive Negotiations", to the United Nations.

Contrary to the expectations of many analysts, the package does not seek security guarantees from the US. It rejects the current carrot and stick approach of the 5+1 group and instead proposes wide-ranging and comprehensive negotiations with the goal of reaching mutually beneficial solutions for collaboration on (1) political and security issues, (ii) economic issues and (iii) the nuclear issue.

On the nuclear programme, while reiterating Iran's position that it will not suspend enrichment activities which are within its inalienable rights and fully supervised by the IAEA, the document expresses Iran's willingness to negotiate the implementation by the IAEA of an improved and a more strict inspection regime. It also proposes a committee to follow up nuclear disarmament as required by Article VI of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

The document also for the first time offers broad discussions regarding contentious issues such as human rights and democracy as well as cooperation to assist the Palestinian people to resolve their 60 year long problem.

An unofficial English translation of the document has been obtained by CASMII from ISIS and can be downloaded from here [.pdf].

For more information or to contact CASMII visit http://www.campaigniran.org

2. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +403 / 48 / -7

#75 Jersey

WOW, you have now moved into Stalin's "Useful Idiots" Hall of Fame!!

You must alienate this madman, so that the people of his country see him as a liability, and move to remove him from power. To meet with him, would only legitimatize a man who has called for the destruction of Israel, is training terrorists to attack Americans in Iraq, and has denied that the holocaust happened, and only an idiot (or someone whose name rhymes with "Osama" would want that).

3. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

dude...seriously....you need to know that the madman you are talking about (i'm assuming you mean Mahmoud Ahmadinejad) didn't write this, and he ISN'T the man with power in Iran.

here is who wrote this....

Manuchehr Mottaki
    Minister of Foreign Affairs
    of the Islamic Republic of Iran

H.E. Mr Ban Ki-moon
    Secretary-General
    United Nations
    New York

the further we distance our nation form understanding people the more dangerous the rest of the world becomes. Nice way to call me an idiot in a passive agressive way. If I was a b!tch...I'd report you to the Mods......OH WAIT!!!!!?????

seriously. read it, and don't jump to conclusions about hearsay of a translation form speeches that you have never heard, nor understand.

4. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +403 / 48 / -7

#75 Jersey

Do you honestly believe that Minster for Foreign Affairs for Iran, DOESN'T GET HIS ORDERS FROM Ahmadinejad????

The UN is a complete wate of time and money and a waste of some vaulable real estate.

5. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I thought we were talking with Iran...low-mid level diplomats?

Didn't Condi say something about this the other day, when you guys went nuts? Or was that nuts for something else. You go crazy on something new every day or so...:D

Seriously, I see nothing wrong in talking with them. I wouldn't honor them with a visit from the POTUS any time soon, but I'd even send my SecState if things were looking good.

6. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

the real question you need to be asking is who outranks Ahmadinejad? who runs Iran?

Functions and duties of The Supreme Leader of Iran:

-Delineation of the general policies of the Islamic Republic of Iran after consultation with the Nation's Expediency Discernment Council.
    -Supervision over the proper execution of the general policies of the systems. Issuing decrees for national referendums.
    -Assuming supreme command of the armed forces.
    -Declaration of war and peace, and the mobilization of the armed forces.
    -Appointment, dismissal, and acceptance of resignation of:
    the fuqaha' on the Guardian Council.
    the supreme judicial authority of the country.
    the head of the radio and television network of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
    the chief of the joint staff.
    the chief commander of the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution.
    the supreme commanders of the armed forces.
    -Resolving differences between the three wings of the armed forces and regulation of their relations.
    -Resolving the problems, which cannot be solved by conventional methods, through the Nation's Expediency Council.
    -Signing the decree formalizing the elections in Iran for the President of the Republic by the people.
    -Dismissal of the President of the Republic, with due regard for the interests of the country, after the Supreme Court holds him guilty of the violation of his constitutional duties, or after a vote of the Islamic Consultative Assembly (Parliament) testifying to his incompetence on the basis of Article 89 of the Constitution.
    -Pardoning or reducing the sentences of convicts, within the framework of Islamic criteria, on a recommendation (to that effect) from the head of the Judiciary. The Leader may delegate part of his duties and powers to another person.

you might wanna check out what Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has to say....He has been Supreme Leader of Iran since 1989 and before that was president of Iran from 1981 to 1989.

he hates the united states.