Welcome to PatsFans.com

The inmates are running the asylum: 16 illegals sue Arizona rancher

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +662 / 7 / -2

This country is over people.

16 illegals sue Arizona rancher

Claim violation of rights as they crossed his land

Washington Times
    Monday, February 9, 2009

An Arizona man who has waged a 10-year campaign to stop a flood of illegal immigrants from crossing his property is being sued by 16 Mexican nationals who accuse him of conspiring to violate their civil rights when he stopped them at gunpoint on his ranch on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Roger Barnett, 64, began rounding up illegal immigrants in 1998 and turning them over to the U.S. Border Patrol, he said, after they destroyed his property, killed his calves and broke into his home.

Trial continues Monday in the federal lawsuit, which seeks $32 million in actual and punitive damages for civil rights violations, the infliction of emotional distress and other crimes. Also named are Mr. Barnett's wife, Barbara, his brother, Donald, and Larry Dever, sheriff in Cochise County, Ariz., where the Barnetts live. The civil trial is expected to continue until Friday.

The lawsuit said he then called his wife and two Border Patrol agents arrived at the site. It also said Mr. Barnett acknowledged that he had turned over 12,000 illegal immigrants to the Border Patrol since 1998.

Washington Times - 16 illegals sue Arizona rancher

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +818 / 2 / -9

I can't comment on this, I have enough trouble holding my tongue on the guy the MTV crowd sent to the white house.

Pray For Your Country The Loons Are Running The Show Now.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +523 / 14 / -28

4. Real World

Ratings:
    +662 / 7 / -2

My bad. I totally ignored that thread cuz of the title. I had no idea what it was about, and figured it was just going to be another foggy versus the forum discussion. My appologies.

Having gone and looked at that thread, I'll ask the mods to keep this thread independent of that one, since this one is actually about the topic at hand, and hasn't morphed into a "I hate foggy", "foggy hates you all too", "it was the JOOOOOOOOOOS", "the source dammit", pointless type thread. :D

I guess what this case is telling people, is that owning property means didly. Cuz if someone sneaks onto your property, trespasses, or break in, you can't defend yourself. Matter of fact, if you own a pet, you better cut tail and run. Evacuate your own property ASAP, before the invaders see you, cuz if they do, they'll sue you for letting them trespass, break-in, invade, etc. and having the nerve to actually try to protect yourself. [​IMG]

5. Chevy

Chevy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

This guy is an American Hero. The courts should have laughed at this one from the beginning.

6. Real World

Ratings:
    +662 / 7 / -2

The only people laughing right now, are the lawyers, and illegals, who might collect a cool 32 mill. [​IMG]

7. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +230 / 6 / -3

#91 Jersey

My bad. I totally ignored that thread cuz of the title. I had no idea what it was about, and figured it was just going to be another foggy versus the forum discussion. My appologies Yes RW you are bad the Reverend Haggert would like to spank you for your naughty behavior. :p I guess he wasn't cured in three weeks after all. :eek:

Chevys right this guy is a hero. And whats just as shocking is that i heard one of the main reasons Cali is going under is that 25% of the population is comprised of illegals sucking up alot of state money for things like health care food stamps etc.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +662 / 7 / -2

Illegals are a massive, massive drain on both society, and the gubmit. I just wish people were honest about illegal immigrations ramifications. It's kinda sad really, cuz as someone said in here a long time ago, terrorism won't do the damage to this country, that illegal immigration has, and will.

Legal, not illegal people.

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +818 / 2 / -9

Imagine how the Dictators of the world must laugh when they read this Sh!t about America.

Liberal America:
    Release the criminal.
    Put the cop that arrested him in jail.

The liberals next move on illegal aliens is getting them the right to vote and we all know how they will vote (12 million new democrats).

GW Bush & Old Jerk Mccain had a lot to do with this, that poor bastard that is being sued for protecting his property should file his own lawsuit against Bush/Mccain.

PRAY FOR AMERICA
    DOES YOUR WIFE DREAM OF "SEX WITH MESSIAH"