The Incredible Welk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Man crush all the way.

As I'll say for a very long time, landing Welker for $18M/5 yr and a 2 and a 7 to MIA was highway robbery. He's earned every damn penny of that contract already, in my book.

And, thank you Zeke Mowatt for this image that sums up the way he plays:

1782d1226411818-caption-buf-ne-welker_wes_83621366.jpg

Man crush all the way.

As I'll say for a very long time, landing Welker for $18M/5 yr and a 2 and a 7 to MIA was highway robbery. He's earned every damn penny of that contract already, in my book.

Highway robbery is right... He has become the de facto clutch player on 3rd down. Last year, it was Brady to Moss, this year it is Casell to Welker

Welker has been unreal this year.

Man crush all the way.

and just think belichick fan didnt want to do thye deal

If it is possible for one player to place the team on his back and carry it to a victory, Welker did that today. That little mite just never says die.

Last edited:
I gotta give Moss props too for bringing all these double teams to him and letting Welker have a little bit more room to do his thing:)

I gotta give Moss props too for bringing all these double teams to him and letting Welker have a little bit more room to do his thing:)

I was disappointed with Moss again. He should be able to get open more often and he dropped another pass right in his hands. Welker is #1.

Ooooh, I thought you meant this guy:

lawrence+welk.jpg

He's some kind of wunnaful, isn't he?
welk.jpg

Thanks for my new wallpaper, CT.
Wes was a demon out there today.

He still only has 1 TD on the season. WTF.

Just more proof he is carrying this team he doesn't need glory.

Last edited:
Welker is a flat out player. The Pats did their homework when they targeted Welker in the offseason. The man is clutch^2! I'd rather have Welker over Branch any time.

Last edited:
Especially after the beating he took last week, it's amazing that he was the #1 receiver in this game -- and the most clutch as well.

Man crush all the way.

Could not agree MORE......welk is the sh(t....week in and week out......comes to play EVERY F'in game.........and one of the most clutch players we have had on this team....and when I compare him to Troy Brown....that is the ultimate compliment to Troy,....and Wes......To think that we were able to steal him away from the doofins to this day..is laughable. We have him signed through 3 more years is it....? Extend him now.......

I was gonna make a separate post for this.. but I cant with my measly post count...

Anyway I was wondering what who you guys would rather have on this team Randy Moss or Wes Welker? Who do you think is more valuable (remember this is not a who is the better WR question) to this team, and to this day who has done more for this team?

Its hard to judge because I think both players are enormously valuable but right now I think I would rather have Welker if I had to choose between the two of them. Although Moss does draw a lot of coverage and probably plays a big role in Welker being able to do what he does but to me I get the feeling that Welker is playing harder and is more than talented enough to get open even if he were to be double covered. Not to mention the hundreds of other things he brings to the table... heart, clutchness, leadership, etc., etc.

Last edited:
I believe one of the announcers for today's game called him "The Incredible Slot
Machine' or something to that effect. If that hasn't been coined before that
was a terrific call as well. He ought to copyright that.

I was disappointed with Moss again. He should be able to get open more often and he dropped another pass right in his hands. Welker is #1.
He was doubled all day. Cassel missed him wide open in the end zone. Welker was great today, and every other Sunday in recent memeory, but the defense on Moss is what makes the other receivers get open. Why do you think the other teams don't double Welker?

If Wes Welker continues at the rate he's going with those Shots he been getting...he will have only two years left in the NFLTops...mark it down! No way a guy that little should be taking that mnay shots. BB needs to get a TE who can shoulder to load with those Tough catches over the middle. Wes will not last at the rate he's going that body of his can only take so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes