PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "I'm nervous about Seattle" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can hear Belichick already:

For Browner - The Seahawks kicked you to the curb
For Revis - Sherman is the best corner in the game
For the Linebackers - Seattle's LB's are the best linebackers in the NFL
For Brady - The young gun is about to establish himself as the best big-game qb in the league
For Blount - No one runs tougher than #BeastMode
For Gronk - Even Olsen lite these guys up for 3 TD's

...and on and on and on....

No, there will be no lack of motivation here....

SEA opened as a 1 point favorite at large books, not 2.5, so not sure where that ever came from. Maybe newspapers? Slight movement and now SEA is only PK(-115) to -1(+110) across the board, or basically SEA only a quarter point favorite, haha. Closest SB odds I can remember.

Last edited:
Anyone know if we get to choose our jersey color? Or does Seattle?

We're both #1 seeds and finished with the same record. Same record against common opponents too (3-2)
Seattle chooses. Rotates between conferences each year. I'll feel a lot better if we get white. Colored jerseys have won once since we won SB38. Plus I like our whites better.

Reactions: TBR
We are finally the team going into a superbowl with momentum. I think this is huge

Seattle chooses. Rotates between conferences each year. I'll feel a lot better if we get white. Colored jerseys have won once since we won SB38. Plus I like our whites better.

Interesting. I swear I thought the higher seed got to choose.

I wonder if Seattle will consider choosing white since that's the jersey they wore last year.

Interesting. I swear I thought the higher seed got to choose.

I wonder if Seattle will consider choosing white since that's the jersey they wore last year.

Seattle gets to choose as the "home" team this year. No way do they choose any jersey but the seahawk blue. That is the jersey most popular with their fans. We get the whites, which I kinda like since we lost the SB the last two times we were in blue.

I can hear Belichick already:

For Browner - The Seahawks kicked you to the curb
For Revis - Sherman is the best corner in the game
For the Linebackers - Seattle's LB's are the best linebackers in the NFL
For Brady - The young gun is about to establish himself as the best big-game qb in the league
For Blount - No one runs tougher than #BeastMode
For Gronk - Even Olsen lite these guys up for 3 TD's

...and on and on and on....

No, there will be no lack of motivation here....

I love it.

My thoughts on playing SEA...

1) NICE comeback, took some favorable bounces to win it etc., but proved 1 thing: Seattle, like NE, understands this year that the game is over after 60 minutes, not 55. Impressive work.

2) These are two teams that play that way. Don't look for any let-up by either team.

3) These Pats are different from the Pats teams that lost the Giants SBs. Especially thinking of 2007, that game was "theirs to lose." Ton of "perfection pressure." These 'Hawks are different from the team that won last year - they're tempered by understanding and overcoming adversity. Going in, this looks like two physical no-quit teams and we should have a game to remember, one way or the other.

4) "Oh no a mobile QB" does not scare me. While he's not the same level of mobile as Wilson, Collins' work vs. Luck is encouraging. I'm thinking Collins makes a big difference here vs. Mayo, good as Mayo is over all. (It'll be nice to have both on the field again, but that's next year's concern.)

5) The vaunted Seattle D is not the 85 Bears. Just stop it everybody. They're good but they're built on speed and aggression. They're also superb athletes. Now get them running to where they think they should be, and what happens? Dial up the right play and let momentum do the rest.

6) Fast and athletic is great to stop the pass, now whatchou gonna do about the run?

7) Can we stop/contain Beastmode? That's the main Pats' defensive question. When the dust settles I think Beastmode gets his 100 and a TD. Now what does everybody else from Seattle get?

8) How's Seattle against a big (but very elusive for his size) RB? How about two of 'em, if we decide to take Gray off the milk carton?

I actually like this match-up. I think fans will get their money's worth, if that's possible for those who actually buy SB tickets. Fans at home definitely will. I don't see a blowout here either way.

Of course I'd love to see one, going our way :) But I'll take the W, however it comes.

Bonus points to anybody on SEA who says "Tonight a dynasty is born."

I think NE is the better balanced team. Seattle is excellent on defense, but their offense is just meh. NE's defense has the edge of seattle's offense, while I see NE offense vs. seattle defense as more of a chess match. Hopefully, Dan Quinn is distracted this week with the falcons job.

Official:Randy Quad Back Up The Truck Thread

Some might know what the thread title means, some might not. In a nutshell this is for some negative scenarios that the Pats can lose it in heartbreaking fashion .. I'll start.. Here is my scenario..

Logan Ryan getting burnt to a friggin crisp on 3rd n 17 with 43 seconds left to win, gives up the winning touchdown to Kearse ..

Go....

Kirwin on Sirius made a good point: Seattle knows Browner as well as anyone... his penchant for penalties, so, expect he can get thrown on...

I fear Seattle.

Kirwin on Sirius made a good point: Seattle knows Browner as well as anyone... his penchant for penalties, so, expect he can get thrown on...

So is this some big secret the rest of the nfl does not know? Any team studying game tape would know this and by the way that is one over exaggerated point. Everyone acts like he gets 10 penalties a game when he averages about two penalties a game.

How many penalties did the Seattle D commit yesterday and how many points did they concede.It is better to be overly aggressive and get called sometimes than give opposing receivers free reign.

So is this some big secret the rest of the nfl does not know? Any team studying game tape would know this and by the way that is one over exaggerated point. Everyone acts like he gets 10 penalties a game when he averages about two penalties a game.

How many penalties did the Seattle D commit yesterday and how many points did they concede.It is better to be overly aggressive and get called sometimes than give opposing receivers free reign.

agreed. also, covering doug baldwin is also a downgrade from what browner is used to.

On one hand I like the fact that Shermit and Thomsy are hurt as it gives us an advantage. On the other hand, if we end up winning, the last thing I want to hear is that the Pats won because Seattle played in limp mode. F that.

How nervous will you be come SB?

For me...luckily i have anxiety meds i get so i SHOULD be ok :D

I feel confident because this team plays at different level during prime time night games.

I feel confident about this game. I want Brady to get his 4th ring more than anything, and if I feel that way I can't imagine what he feels. LETS GO BABY!!!!

The guy that said this is a Seahawks fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing