PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "I'm nervous about Seattle" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al 18 games 4th Q points allowed

Seattle- 80

New England- 58

Now that's just points allowed by the defense. Not INT, Fumble, Punt or KO returns.

What are the stats after the 8th game? I think NE has only given up 1 second half TD since week 8 or something.

Actually he had severe difficulty moving the ball, his last drive being the exception , the other ones were aided by his defense but he failed to capitalize.If i recall he was not able to throw for 200 yards in all his meeting with the Seahawks.

we must have watched a different game. Packers offense had no problem moving up and down the field but failed to get it in the end-zone. They were also hampered by the fact that Rodgers was maybe at 60%..Lacy had a solid game as well before Mccarthy decided to bench him. The first drive of the game they went right up the field before Rodgers threw that horrible ball in the endzone.

if anything, that game showed me that you can move on seattle. but it might be tougher to get into the endzone.

Dallas/san diego were able to move on the seattle defense as well

Seattle will be tough. I just dont get the "doom and gloom" so many posters want to throw out there like we have no chance and seattle is the unbeatable force. It will be tough, but we are also a pretty tough team as well

Last edited:
The first drive of the game they went right up the field before Rodgers threw that horrible ball in the endzone.

Rodgers threw that interception because he thought it was a free play. Replays show Seattle was offsides but it wasn't called.

Last edited:
Rodgers threw that interceptin because he thought it was a free play. Replays show Seattle was offsides but it wasn't called.

Seattle was actually called offsides a few times. I wonder how many others they actually got away with? This is something that Tom might be able to exploit.

I also can't imagine that O'Brien won't make sure that Chancellor ends up offsides if he tries to jump over the line during a FG or XP.

2 things I'm worried about:

- Aiken screwing up the snap on a punt
- Brady forcing a pass to Gronk that turns into an INT

What team we played has been most similar to Seattle this season?

The Jets? Hard hitting defense, read option, mobile QB (although he sucks)

yeah, our experience with this type of team should help the pats in preparing for seattle. only difference is the Jets blitz and blitz some more. while seattle doesnt

funny thing actually, the OL coach said playing in the AFC east has helped the OL prepare for seattle because they have faced so many dangerous front 4's

The Jets? Hard hitting defense, read option, mobile QB (although he sucks)

Exactly.

Not feeling confident about this game at all. Geno was the only mobile QB we faced and we struggled at times.

Exactly.

Not feeling confident about this game at all. Geno was the only mobile QB we faced and we struggled at times.

Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers?

Rodgers threw that interception because he thought it was a free play. Replays show Seattle was offsides but it wasn't called.

I'm glad someone else noticed. Too bad the incompetent zebra didn't. The DLman had his paw in the
neutral zone the whole time, including at the snap.

Yes they're mobile but they're also pass-first (more pocket passers than scramblers.)

my point is they are mobile QB's who create most of their big plays on scrambles. And the patriots defensive scheme was to keep them in the pocket.

Green Bay was able to keep wilson in the pocket as well

my point is they are mobile QB's who create most of their big plays on scrambles. And the patriots defensive scheme was to keep them in the pocket.

Green Bay was able to keep wilson in the pocket as well

Were they though? When it mattered the most he got away and made some big plays.

I hope I'm wrong. The Jets games just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm worried about the field position game. In the last SB, the Pats were pinned in their own territory a couple of times (obv one was the grounding penalty on the first drive). I think that set the tone for the game. They just couldn't get going until later on when they had better field position but at that point they were already down a couple of scores.
There's no real reason to think this will happen again but it's kind of fresh in my head now.

I am worried about:

#1) Pressure on the QB. The last two SBs there was pressure and it caused the offense to be average at best.

#2) Stopping Seattle's running game with Lynch and Wilson. The Jets ran all over us and we could not stop Forsett.

Were they though? When it mattered the most he got away and made some big plays.

I hope I'm wrong. The Jets games just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

yeah, I think the GB defense got a little fortunate with the interceptions. It wasnt scheme as much as it was balls bouncing off of guys hands. Then they couldn't stop them in the end. In fact Seattle scored way quicker than they would of liked on their last drive during regulation.

I'm worried about the field position game. In the last SB, the Pats were pinned in their own territory a couple of times (obv one was the grounding penalty on the first drive). I think that set the tone for the game. They just couldn't get going until later on when they had better field position but at that point they were already down a couple of scores.
There's no real reason to think this will happen again but it's kind of fresh in my head now.

Weatherford killed us in that game. I think Pats have the edge in ST, so I expect them to have better field position overall. Our coverage and return game is better and I think we have a better punter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots