Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Ice Melt Pellet Fustration Thread.

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by IcyPatriot, Jan 29, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,067 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

What the frig with all these fancy ice melt pellets.:mad: Now granted ... rock salt is nasty for the lawn, plants and concrete. However ... what is up with melts to -20 or melts to -10. Or ... they put the -20 stuff next to the +5 stuff ... more $$$:cry2: of course.

The friggin' -20 stuff burns a delicate hole through the ice. The melting ice then refills the hole. I'd like to take a bag or 2 of the crap they sell now ... hang the manufacture upside down by their ankles and pour a bag right down the crack of their arse. :beatingcoming: Perhaps then there would be more truth in advertising on those bags. What a scam ... why not just put a packet of vaseline on every bag I buy :nooo:... so at least the reaming I get from buying it won't hurt that much. &15 a bag or $6 a bag and I use 2X and 3X as much as the crap I bought like 6 years ago.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Nothings good anymore like it use to be. Remember Draino the REAL Draino that would burn a hole through just about anything that wasn't metal,or glass. Now they have that usless liquid sh!t. Its like pouring water down the already cloged drain. :mad:

3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The de-ice pellets disintegrate when they melt the ice. They don't just burn a hole through it and end up at the bottom. What do you mean by -20? Nothing but a flame thrower works at -20 degrees F and it hasn't been nearly that cold in Rhode Island in years. The de-ice pellets work to around +20 or +25 or so. If you wanna deal with ice below that temp just dump sand on it. It won't melt anything but at least you won't fall.

4. patsfanofNC12

patsfanofNC12 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I can provide plenty of sand :D

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,067 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I posted this last year ... and i am still pissed off.

If the bag advertises -10 ... -20 ... and -30 then why does it not melt at +20.

So I just ordered this ...

Red Dragon VT 3-30 C 500,000 BTU

Heavy Duty Propane Vapor Torch Kit

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  6. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ah, yes. I used to be able to buy two different vegetation killers, mix em together and absolutely roast underbrush. And nuthin would grow back for years.

And mixin diazinon with Savin (I cant remember the spelling), spray that on the lawn and around the house and things 20 feet away would sqirm outta the ground and die. Good stuff. I miss it.

7. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +698 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Damn, a lot more reasonably priced than I would have expected. Looks to be a cheaper option to that fancy ice melt pellets.

The ice melt works so-so for me, but I have to use a boatload of it to work properly.

I still maintain the best solution is to get the hell out of the snow belt. :D

8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,067 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I am over $200 in ice melt this winter.
    I can get my propane tank filled for $26 ... so we'll see which is cheapest.
    Which one will be more gratifying is obvious. :D