PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The I don't care about the Carolina game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The I don't care about the Carolina game thread.

Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out.

Seriously, there is a difference between fans and those who jump on the bandwagon of winning teams.

Patsnutsme is being sarcastic guys...

Funny how spoiled we all get. We have had some truly dreadful teams over the years. in the early 70's or early 90's this would have been a dream season.
:singing:

You know, there is a little bit of logic behind being a "bandwagon" fan. I enjoy watching and supporting sports Franchises that want to win. I won't support franchises that just want to make money. If I was a baseball fan in the 70,80s, and 90s, there is no way I'd be a Red Sox fan. If the ownership didn't care enough to win or support the team, why should I?

I'll support a team through bad times and bad years (Celtics pre-07) but only if they are seriously trying to win and get better.

You know, there is a little bit of logic behind being a "bandwagon" fan. I enjoy watching and supporting sports Franchises that want to win. I won't support franchises that just want to make money. If I was a baseball fan in the 70,80s, and 90s, there is no way I'd be a Red Sox fan. If the ownership didn't care enough to win or support the team, why should I?

I'll support a team through bad times and bad years (Celtics pre-07) but only if they are seriously trying to win and get better.

I think the Bruins are a perfect example of why having bandwagon, and less-than-diehard fans is so good for a fan base. Jacobs was sticking to the Bruins fans for years.

I suspect that he is not at all serious. HOWEVER, there are many, many bandwagon "fans" of the New Endland Patriots.

Agreed. The New Endland Patriots have always drawn fans that are of the bandwagon persuasion.

I think the Bruins are a perfect example of why having bandwagon, and less-than-diehard fans is so good for a fan base. Jacobs was sticking to the Bruins fans for years.

Exactly. Most people forget that their "hometown" team is a business selling a product. Why spend your money on a bad product when the business just wants to take your money? No town "owns" it's sports team, heck, the Patriots almost moved to another city.

Exactly. Most people forget that their "hometown" team is a business selling a product. Why spend your money on a bad product when the business just wants to take your money? No town "owns" it's sports team, heck, the Patriots almost moved to another city.

I hope Washington Redskin fans eventually realize this!

I do have a ton of emails that I should delete. Maybe I'll do that Sunday.

Ummm unless you're a bandwagon fan, there have been so many worse years in the Pats history. I remember being in elementary school back when the Pats would only win 3/4/5 games a year and continually being teased for liking the Pats, but I would tell the other kids that the Pats will eventually win a SB and they did.

We've all given this team a hard time and we have each made our own thread bashing this team, but give them a couple more games. You guys will see.

Well I just got my pink Snuggie and the Hallmark movie of the week is on starring Jimmy Smits so I might just watch that. This team is done anyway.
Having a pink snuggie is far far worse than the Patriots potentially having a fork in them. Everytime you post now Kontra.. I'm picturing you in a pink snuggie. ;)

I'm tuning out until 2030. Then it will really get interesting, Jack Moyhnahan and Tom Brady Jr. fighting for the starting QB spot.

as funny as this thread is it seems to be true

I went through a few Panther forums and I could find nothing about the upcoming game. All they wanted to talk about was Bill Cowher, John Fox, and Joke Delhomme

Having a pink snuggie is far far worse than the Patriots potentially having a fork in them. Everytime you post now Kontra.. I'm picturing you in a pink snuggie. ;)

You don't have to envision it as I'm posting up pics later. :cool:

This is my week for the red seats. Too bad the product is toast.

I will be skiing in Steamboat. Sorry guys no game for me this weekend. Hopefully headed back to watch the Sunday night Iggles game. At least that team has cornerbacks and a pass rush worth cheering for.

Go Birds!

I agree with that distinction. When a team is trying to win (like the Pats this year) then I'll support them whether they win or not. When they're just not even trying (2006 Celtics, Bruins for most of the 2000s), then I'll pay barely any attention. Why should you support a franchise that isn't even trying to win?

Well, Hulu now has a collection of 7 Godzilla movies and A Charlie Brown Christmas, so Sunday is covered.

Well, Hulu now has a collection of 7 Godzilla movies and A Charlie Brown Christmas, so Sunday is covered.

You forgot about Mystery Science Theater 3000- words can't express how pumped I am about that.

Kool! I guess I'll give up my red seat week.

I agree, PatsNutMe, I mean who the hell do these guys think they are not bringing ME a Super Bowl title in the last 5 years. I mean that is just not acceptable. I demand SB's so that I can go around and thump my chest, and display my "superiority complex" to all those fans of those "irrelevant" teams out there. The Lombardi Trophy belongs to us and I WANT IT NOW !!!!!!

Just in case some one is "missing" it, I am being as sarcastic !!!! :singing::p

EZ76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back