Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Hypocrisy of the left

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by stevedogc, Aug 19, 2010.

1. stevedogc

stevedogc Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

So Obama sites the first amendment is claiming that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country.

But now we have Pelosi claiming that the people who protest the ground zero mosque should be investigated. Doesnt that go against the first amendment regarding a persons freedom of speech.

So in one case a person has the right to freedom of religion, but in another they dont have the right to the freedom of speech.

Makes sense.
  2. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's racist.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Yes, Pelosi's full of sh!t on this one. I think she has been back-tracking on it too.

When it comes to hypocrisy, neither the left nor the right are in the lead...it's a dead heat, IMO. Just on different issues, usually. The thread could have been better titled, "Hypocrisy of Politicians". Sounds less like you're carrying water for one side.
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 2 / -1

Pelosi is an idiot.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

They're running scared, look what this Congress and this Idiot President has done to the Democratic Party and the country, I am actually starting to feel sorry for them, I was a democrat for many years before they allowed those Far Left Wing Crazies to take them over.

Pelosi and that little group that tags along behind her grinning should all be thrown out of office, they are dangerous bastards.

The little weasle Harry Reid is covering his sorry little a$s, he came out against the Mosque but it's to late for him also.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +294 / 4 / -2

What Wistah said. They're all hypocrites more or less. The only differential tends to be the situation, or issue. Unless of course one of their offices is raided, or it's time to vote themselves a raise. In those cases, they see things one and the same.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -21

It is commonly known as "Beltway Disease"....
  8. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

She gets stranger everyday:confused: "My favorite word is The Word" OT but wow:eek:
  9. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Memorial crosses deemed illegal in Utah:
    Appeals court rules against Utah memorial crosses - National Wire - fresnobee.com

Does this belong under the Hypocrisy thread, no idea but it seems an ok place for it. Lots more links if one wants to find another one. Appeals shot the crosses down too; some of the wives of those fallen officers aren't too happy about this.
  10. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 2 / -1

I don't know why it would be hypocrisy, but it's an issue I think is interesting.

I often think rulings on these issues are wrong -- not because I think we need crosses or nativity scenes on public grounds, but because I'd rather take an inclusive approach. For ex, instead of banning a nativity scene, permit it and encourage Jewish groups to erect a menorah or something, too. (btw, Im an atheist)

I assumed in this case I'd disagree with the outcome, if not by law than in spirit. But to me, the size of these crosses make a difference. I assumed we were talking about crosses that are 1 or 2 feet high. Were that the case, I'd associate them with a memorial. But these are 12 ft by 6 ft. At that size, I do think of Christianity, not a grave or place of death. I don't know whether that's rational or a take shared by others, but I do view them differently.
  11. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The crosses have been there since 1998 and paid for with private funds and erected on public land, according to the article. Each cross includes the officer's bio. In 07 the crosses were ruled ok by a federal district judge who said they were secular in nature depicting memorials for someone's death and not an endorsement for religion but:

American Athiests, Inc (Texas-based)
    And the whole thing just goes on and on. Hypocritical I'm not sure, maybe somehow with the mosque/religious tolerance thing but the OP can decide I guess :)
  12. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 2 / -1

I guess I was commenting mainly on thenature of the crosses. At that size they seem religious in nature to me, as opposed to smaller ones that I associate with graves.

The critical difference bt this and the mosque is that this is on public property, not private property.

(My solution on this would annoy both sides -- replace these large crosses with smaller ones, like are often seen on cemeteries. I realize that has nothing to do with the law, though, and is based mainly on my own perceptions.)
  13. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Congress transferred the land to private property, it was in the article somewhere.

But definitely, those crosses are HUGE. Interesting story!
  14. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 2 / -1

That was the Mojave story -- another interesting one.

In many of these cases, I'd like to see more common sense and inclusion, but it seems that neither side ever has much appetite for compromise. No surprise there, I suppose.
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +294 / 4 / -2

I think people take the religious separation baloney to ridiculous extremes sometimes.
  16. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 5 / -9

#37 Jersey

Atheists are the most intolerant group of people in the US. You have heard the hate on this board.

How does driving by a cross on the highway affect you in any way? Does a manger scene cause heart attacks in Atheists? If they look at a menorah, does it cause a stroke?
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

"The HATE!...OH. Lordy! Lordy!...The HATE!"

Religious people are big, fat, stupid poopy-heads!

Grow up Quaker Boy. Athiests don't give a crap what silly rituals and costumes religious people want to do or wear as much as thou wouldst want people to think. You can put death crosses on any private property you want. You can put a Jewish candelabra in the front of any synagogue. You can have incantations and spells to your incredibly magical sky people all you want on TV. No one cares as much as you drama queens think.

Just don't force me or my kids to participate in your silly crap and keep your trinkets and statues to yourself. By that I mean keep it off of my property, some of which is public, but still partly paid for by me. And don't take my money and pay people who put up and maintain your statues and symbols

This is the garbage you people want to spend your time on while you spend even more time telling Muslims they can't have a community center on their private property. Personally, I think it's a good idea except for the prying to the invisible man part, but if that's what they want to do with their money and time, more power to them.
  18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

I saw this on a car today. Makes sense. I'm ordering one.

[​IMG]
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Nobody can answer it, what made America's Left Wing Liberal fall in love with "Mohammad"

:confused::confused:
  20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Nobody can answer it because the fallacy lies in your head, Harry.

It's not worth the time or the trouble to refute it.