Welcome to PatsFans.com

The hunt for Bin Laden in 2001

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Blue Collar, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As you all know he is still alive and threatining new attacks on america. What happened when we went after him in afghanistan, according to gary bernsten who was a special operations commander on the ground leading 500 american special op's along with 2000 afghan fighters. Had picked up a walkie talkie, off a dead taliban fighter and listened to communications of the enemy talking about the need to get bin laden out of the tora bora region. He then explains how he called washington and requested U.S. troops on the ground to block any escape of bin laden. That request was denied and bin laden escaped into pakistan. This was on c-span book review, disscussing his book jawbreaker. Why did they deny this action, anybody have insight or have the book. Seems after that missed opprutunity, the focus turned towards iraq.
  2. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I thought the reason was reported recently. Dubai Bush needed Bin Laden to win the election.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/28/bush.binladen.reut/
  3. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I watced a frontline episode, I think it was tenet who devised the afghanistan war, with cia op's leading the invasion. As for the denying troop request to block bin laden and iman al zarawi and their followers, was it tenet, rumsfeld, it had to be one of those two. Rumsfeld was in controll of the iraq plans, but maybe he denied the request for troop to be placed on the ground in afghanistan , for reasons unknown. Remember when bush was speaking on top of the world trade center,vowing to get those responcible.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

5. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I thougth Bin Laden's objective was to DESTROY AMERICA.

And I thought the only way to destroy America was to vote for George Bush.

And that is what is happening now.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2006
  6. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Just get Cheney do hunt him. He shot his own buddy.

Sometimes if feels good to sink as low as you guys. It kind of breaks the monotony.
  7. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

Is Dubai Bush related to Dubai Clinton? If you are going to point out one connection, Mikey, why not point out the rest. Like how Clinton told the Dubai Corp which lobbyists to use to get the deal through.