PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The hug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linda Cohen on espnews after the game was hillarious, she was basically noting that BB had the luxury of being magnanimous after beating the snot out his former protege, and if anything, picking then for a "hug" was more face rubbing than anything.

Then she added, though, to the dismay of her bosses I'm sure, that it's all baloney and all a media creation anyway.

Last edited:
Well I think the hug seemed a bit forced. But I think BB was trying to be sportsmanlike and maybe show respect to Mangini for a hard fought game. I think this is the first time in a while BB has looked this animated on the sideline so I think this game meant a lot to him personally as well as professionally.

My own theory is BB created the "tension" deliberately to buoy one of his proteges going into the NYC media shark tank. By chumming the water on the coaching feud side, BB gave New Yawkers a rally point that had them circling the wagons for Mangini, instead of ravaging the youngest head coach in the NFL. Now Mangini is on his own, he led a team that had a very successful year - you get a hug for doing a great job and making Bill look good again with the success of one of his subordinates and his system - but from here on you get to deal the Post and Bergen cage liner from a position of high expectations kid.

BB apologizes

on EEI this afternoon BB apologized for hitting the Globe photographer. Said he was just trying to get through and didn't mean to hit the guy. He was sorry it happened and thought it was uncalled for. He didn't mention the f-bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back