PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "hug"......embarrassing!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhodyPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Wonder what Tom Brady and Bill Belichick REALLY think of the Kraft's. I know what I think.
MONEY is their best friend. What other conclusion can you come to after all Goodell has done to hurt this franchise and this QB 'ON THE FIELD'??
(Btw, even Bon Jovi walked away when the hug took place)

Last edited:
Deep down I wish Kraft threw an uppercut at him, but I know that would have repercussions. He could have at least knocked the cap off his head and walked away.

Better yet, Bon Jovie should have snuck behind him and gotten on his hands and knees behind Goodell's legs. Then after the hug, Kraft should have gently pushed him over. Then just laughed with Bon Jovi like it was a fun prank. That would have been priceless.

Last edited:
image.png

I sure as hell hope this falls under the, "Keep for friends close and your enemies closer catagory.".

But I doubt it.
Why would you think that?!? Obviously Johnathan is working undercover with his dad to overthrow him. He's been working on this scheme ever since his dad started it after he lobbied hard to get him hired :rolleyes:

Sneering at Goodell in personal interactions is meaningless, although I could do without the hug.

I hold out hope for Kraft the younger to be more savvy about things. We'll see.

It doesn't sit well with me. But I'm not a billionaire either, so . . .

While in NY, Id rather see Kraft hugging and kissing a Don from one of the NY/NJ crime families.

Don Corleones great grandson sitting in Krafts box. Goodell might take notice then.

As much of an incompetent ******* Goodell is, it's still a very small club and the union did vote to give him near absolute power to do whatever the **** he wants, so they have to find a way to get along.

But you can bet the Krafts feel differently in private.

I've never understood why some fans here have this fantasy that Jonathan Kraft is some hard-ass that's going to bring the hammer down on Fraudger. I didn't need to see that picture to know what side he's on. Dear old dad already made that very clear.

As much of an incompetent ******* Goodell is, it's still a very small club and the union did vote to give him near absolute power to do whatever the **** he wants, so they have to find a way to get along.

But you can bet the Krafts feel differently in private.

I wouldn't make that bet.

Either that, or they're pretty well convinced that Goodell is just doing what 31 other guys want him to do.

Don't worry, it's all part of that "top secret" genius billionaire plan to take Goodell down. It's so sneaky, it's going to take about 2o years and it's going to look like Goodell retired but mark my words, Kraft's going to get him. Didn't you hear how forcefully, he came out to the fans? He's just a fan too! :D:rolleyes:

someone need to remind Kraft that when you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas

The reality that none of us want to keep front of mind is that the owners (including the Krafts), the NFL administration, and the players are all on the same side. Their objective is to turn as much of our money into NFL revenue as possible. How they divide that revenue between them is secondary.

But they keep us fans distracted from this through contract negotiations, competition on the field, and skirmishes and dramas like defamegate.

This is why the sports networks are all in their pocket in the end. Their well-being is tied to the NFL's well- being. The more popular the NFL, the higher the ad revenue for the media.

We have no idea what's going on with that hug. We do know that, in the end, Goodell is the Kraft's hired gun with one primary objective: total revenue. They may have family squabbles, but in the end those squabbles actually help keep us interested and distracted.

For those thinking it's "just business". I'm in business too. I don't go up and give my peers a big hug and I would certainly never give anyone that I'm planning on taking down a big hug. A handshake is sufficient. You hug someone when you have fond affection. This isn't the Godfather.

Last edited:
Jeez. Even if you just wove that Widdle Wodger, Bobby, at least do you fans the courtesy of not rubbing it in our faces. Take it behind closed doors. Don't the Pats PR people talk to the top brass?

The reality that none of us want to keep front of mind is that the owners (including the Krafts), the NFL administration, and the players are all on the same side. Their objective is to turn as much of our money into NFL revenue as possible. How they divide that revenue between them is secondary.

But they keep us fans distracted from this through contract negotiations, competition on the field, and skirmishes and dramas like defamegate.

This is why the sports networks are all in their pocket in the end. Their well-being is tied to the NFL's well- being. The more popular the NFL, the higher the ad revenue for the media.

We have no idea what's going on with that hug. We do know that, in the end, Goodell is the Kraft's hired gun with one primary objective: total revenue. They may have family squabbles, but in the end those squabbles actually help keep us interested and distracted.

I will be gone when Brady's gone, and that is the reason. Their tactic didn't work with me and I think many fans are in the same frame of mind.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes