PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Hit Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

letekro

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
We need to resurrect BM's UM nickname. Amazing the guy can be so skinny and still hit like that. The play on the KO was 95% made by him, with Woods just mopping up.

No doubt, I just worry that a guy who is starting to play like Rodney will not last being 20-30 pounds later. I love this year's Hit Stick, though.

Meriweather an all-around force for Patriots - AFC East - ESPN

"For example, he thinks it's about time to break out the Hit Stick again after a couple of seasons of keeping it stashed while he learned the NFL game.

"He's still alive," Meriweather said. "He's been in the background, trying to adjust and learn the system and learn the NFL level and how to be a pro.

"He's been hiding a little bit, but he's coming back soon. Real soon.""

We need to resurrect BM's UM nickname. Amazing the guy can be so skinny and still hit like that. The play on the KO was 95% made by him, with Woods just mopping up.

Couldn't agree more....WEEI, and the other stations keep saying BM held him up. Actualy The Hit Stick popped him so hard that he stunned him and then Woods ripped it out. I thought he looked great all game.

I thought they would using Meriweather out in coverage more, but they kept sanders out there and played him closer to the line. Definitely was able to showcase his tackling abilities there as well as ST.

No doubt, I just worry that a guy who is starting to play like Rodney will not last being 20-30 pounds later. I love this year's Hit Stick, though.

Meriweather an all-around force for Patriots - AFC East - ESPN

"For example, he thinks it's about time to break out the Hit Stick again after a couple of seasons of keeping it stashed while he learned the NFL game.

"He's still alive," Meriweather said. "He's been in the background, trying to adjust and learn the system and learn the NFL level and how to be a pro.

"He's been hiding a little bit, but he's coming back soon. Real soon.""

I agree. I'll give him credit though - he seems to have put on some muscle, because his hitting was at another level over last year. The kid is a player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots