Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Hated Bush And His School Speech

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

God Damn Bush Chimp Bush Nazi Bastard God Damn "Previous Administration" God Damn Bush Chimp.

When Bush spoke to students, Democrats investigated, held hearings
    By: Byron York
    Chief Political Correspondent
    09/08/09 7:11 AM EDT
    The controversy over President Obama's speech to the nation's schoolchildren will likely be over shortly after Obama speaks today at Wakefield High School in Arlington, Virginia. But when President George H.W. Bush delivered a similar speech on October 1, 1991, from Alice Deal Junior High School in Washington DC, the controversy was just beginning. Democrats, then the majority party in Congress, not only denounced Bush's speech -- they also ordered the General Accounting Office to investigate its production and later summoned top Bush administration officials to Capitol Hill for an extensive hearing on the issue.
    When Bush spoke to students, Democrats investigated, held hearings | Washington Examiner

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And who can forget the endless criticism and sniping at Bush for even staying calm and cool -- when he was obviously shocked to the core at hearing about the Twin Towers in New York -- at that Florida grade school he was visiting on 9/11. When Bush didn't jump out of his chair and bolt for his own personal fighter-interceptor jet, all the critics came out of the woodwork to complain: ".... what did he wait for?? Why didn't he sound the alarm right then and there???.... what took him so long??? " ....:blahblah:.......:blahblah:......

Disgusting attack on the President who was desperately trying to process exactly what had happened and what to do next. Shameful.

//

3. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did not know that, well either way there both wrong for doing it, no one likes a hypocrite. ;)

I can't beleve some people get so worked up over stupid thing's like this, your kid learns more **** watching an hour of TV or on the Net, then he will ever learn from a authority figure, coming in for an hour to talk.

Bottom line is, in life there are going to be plenty of people that don't share your values, your job as a parent is to teach your kids how to handle it and how to stand by their values and go about being respectful when the situations arise.

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +779 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Yeah, well, shame on The Democrats, too.

What's really funny after all is said and done - one of the main things (the many things) people have been so up in arms about this past week was the "lesson plan" which asked teachers to ask students what they thought they could do to help their country - which, as you know, just happens to be currently presided over by Obama.

Interestingly enough, for all The Dems may have raved about wasted money and getting one-month-before-election-day televised speechs paid for by the federal government, no one seemed too upset when Bush said the following:

Let me know how you're doing. Write me a letter -- and I'm serious about this one -- write me a letter about ways you can help us achieve our goals. I think you know the address.

5. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Psst...3 previous administrations before, it was 1991, Bush the elder.......

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

Bush is Bush, the Chimp, the Old Man, the Mother the left wing hates them all..................

7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Bullshot. I'm barely cognizant of anything Mrs Bush has done and therefore don't have an opinion, but the father and son are vastly different. What I could never understand is why your kind embraced the dishonorable stupid one and rejected the honorable smart one.

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +900 / 7 / -3

Coke or Pepsi.

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

I threw the Mother in there because during the hey-day of the Bush Hater many of them were blaming the mother for giving birth to Little George, I have never embraced him I just couldn't under stand all the Hatred for him, what was dishonorable about him (he started a war and went awol when he was drunk) read the history books and see some of the sh!t those other bastards have done.

I parted company with GW Bush when he sided with the democrats and did nothing about the invasion of 12 million criminal illegal aliens.