PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The hate losing to the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCal Patriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
In the past few days on this board I've seen far too much acceptance in losing to the Jets.Snap out of it ! It stinks ! The 3rd down Defense was HORRIBLE and it cost Us the game.I will never accept losing to The Jets and You shouldn't either. It stinks and always will !

i am disappointed too but i'm proud to be a Patriot fan

without Brady, Maroney, Rodney Harrison, A.Thomas, Ty Warren still we were so near to get a win also thursday

and we are at 6-4, my friend; i enjoy a lot this season, we have a team that never die

the crucial game will be next sunday against Miami

that is, imho, the game will decide our season

Last edited:
I'm listening to sirius nfl now and their practically crowning the jets division champs. Pats have bigger problems than losing to the jets. Our defense is horrible!!

Forget Division champs...in NY yesterday they were talking about how the NFL is going to have a big problem when both the Giants and Jets have home field on Championship weekend...ummmm...say wha?????

The record is 49-49-1 so I guess you want to be miserable half of your football life...

Must have sucked too seeing all those players hugging Ty...

I don't get the whole fanboy mentality. The goal here even at full strength is always to get to the playoffs, win the division, win the conference and win it all. Doesn't matter who you win or lose to except in how it effects those seasonal goals. Unless your just a miserable myopic whiner who cares more about feelings or perceptions than goals.

Well thank you Vince Lombardi for the perspective. Champions like you are what made the NFL what it is. You may now appropriately break into your "Winning isn't everything. It is the only thing" speech.

I hate losing to the Jets and Colts as much as anybody. If you have seen celebrations over the fact of the loss rather than optimism on bright spots in the game, by all means shine your championship light Vince and point to those threads.

The fact is the Pats were down 24-6 in what could well have been a romp and lost in overtime after a comeback that fell short. After a bad first half of defense (allowing 17 points), the defense allowed 7 second half points and allowed the offense to tie it. That is pretty crappy, given the fact the defense was out Warren and Thomas and starting second options and rookies in the secondary. And the past 4 games: 10 (really 3 with 7 points in garbage time), 18, 16 and 7 points. Lousy, crappy. You are on the money, Vince.

Expectations of winning are for the coaches and players. They practice and prepare for the game, and those firing shots at the defense may consider reading up on the 3-4 defense and getting a clue as to how hard that is to pick up and play for rookie linebackers with second option linemen. If, as a fan, you cannot claim you have played at a professional level and won under these circumstances or appreciate the fact this team fought to win this game when it could have gone way south, you may want to check your fan card at the door. Nobody likes losing, and in the end the standings are what dictate playoff position and the Pats cannot afford to lose many more to get to the show. But a real fan can appreciate when a team is fighting and get ticked off when it is sleepwalking against the competition. I will not cheer a game like the Dolphins or Chargers of this year, but the Jets game actually was a battle. That type of fight can get this team to the playoffs. Hopefully the Pats show that tenacity down the stretch and win the games that really matter this season.

Last edited:
I'm listening to sirius nfl now and their practically crowning the jets division champs. Pats have bigger problems than losing to the jets. Our defense is horrible!!

I hate to say it HATE to sat it but as a JETS fan..... you guys are still pretty good. I hope the Dynasty is over but considering the mssing parts, what a game. Management is everything and Jets management has been MIA for 20 years. We'll see what Mangini Tannenbaum do when favre holds us hostage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots