PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Hard Teams" on our schedule are looking dinged up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Do you guys agree that our schedule is getting easier? We're phasing our big names back in a big names on the good teams are starting to fall away.

Peyton isn't looking too good, Merriman's out, Rivers and Tomlinson are both coming back from injuries, The Jets are fielding a social security recipient at QB...

I'm think all the soft schedule talk is is starting to look like understatement.

Well, the Pats O-Line is still dinged up and couldn't stop an old lady with a feather duster...and the defense is giving up long sustained drives...

But yeah, the competition looks dinged up too.

Do you guys agree that our schedule is getting easier? We're phasing our big names back in a big names on the good teams are starting to fall away.

Peyton isn't looking too good, Merriman's out, Rivers and Tomlinson are both coming back from injuries, The Jets are fielding a social security recipient at QB...

I'm think all the soft schedule talk is is starting to look like understatement.

Actually IndyStar just reported Manning is expected back at full practice tomorrow.

Well, the Pats O-Line is still dinged up and couldn't stop an old lady with a feather duster...and the defense is giving up long sustained drives...

Pre-season defense =/= The defense

Pre-season o-line =/= Pats o-line

Sure, he'll practice, but what's it going to take to keep that knee from swelling up when aggravated? He's a great QB and I hope the "no miss" streak doesn't blind him from keeping an eye on career longevity.

BTW, were the Mannings home-schooled? :D

San Diego is deep so they can lose Merriman and still field a good team. What they are missing is a great veteran leader......so I am hoping Seau doesnt get a call because I cant see him turning them down..

San Diego is deep so they can lose Merriman and still field a good team. What they are missing is a great veteran leader......so I am hoping Seau doesnt get a call because I cant see him turning them down..

Well, he is quoted as saying he'd only come back to NE if he came back at all... but you never know. San Diego is the guy's natural habitat.

Funny, I just realized he's probably one of few vet's who un-retire or play past their prime who's last few runs won't be forgotten when people look back. Anyways...

I think many teams may just be thinking the same about us. Question marks over Brady, question marks on D and fans will be taking in our pre-season performances as a sign of things to come. I've scouted a few forums and noticed threads of glee that "the pats are being dominated".

I guess the point is we know we'll be solid when it comes to getting it done and I'm sure those teams will be too.

Manning will be fine by Nov 9. Rivers played damn well last January. Surely he is in better shape than now. LdT didn't play hardly at all in January - that fact that he will play has to make them stronger, no?

Not sure about Lord Favre. hasn't he looked good so far? Better than I thought he would, anyway. Could go either way. Overall, I think the Jets improved themselves over the off-season by bringing in all those top FAs.

Last edited:
An 80% healthy Peyton Manning is still better than 30 other starting QBs that are fully healthy

Actually IndyStar just reported Manning is expected back at full practice tomorrow.

Well, just because the Colts' PR department...um, the Indy Star says that, I will still wait and see to believe.

Well, just because the Colts' PR department...um, the Indy Star says that, I will still wait and see to believe.

Dungy said he would be "eased" into practice. Feel free to add your own jokes here.

As a quiet, yet strong demonstration of sportsmanship, Dungy has proactively listed Manning as "questionable" until Week 11.

That's just smoke and mirror's, to give the appearance of stability.

Dungy said he would be "eased" into practice. Feel free to add your own jokes here.

As a quiet, yet strong demonstration of sportsmanship, Dungy has proactively listed Manning as "questionable" until Week 11.

At least he didn't say Manning has a bruised knee and is day to day. He might as well say Manning is on IR than that.

Chargers
Antonio Gates = Coming off foot surgery
Phillip Rivers = Coming off ACL surgery
Shawne Merriman = Out for season (Most likely)
LaDainain Tomlinson = Coming off brusied left knee (2 carries AFC Championship Game)

Colts
Dwight Freeney = Coming off of season-ending foot surgery
Bob Sanders = Coming off of shoulder surgery (Taken out of final '07 game)
Peyton Manning = Coming off bursa sac surgery
Marvin Harrison = Coming off knee surgery (Started 5 games last season / Game changing fumble in '07 game)

Chargers
LaDainain Tomlinson = Coming off brusied left knee (2 carries AFC Championship Game)

Colts
Marvin Harrison = Coming off knee surgery (Started 5 games last season / Game changing fumble in '07 game)

I'm willing to hide from slings and arrows over this: I hope these teams are running smooth when we face them.

In all sincerity I honestly believe the Pat's are a severely dominant team. There aren't a lot of games on our schedule where we get to prove it. Bring a fully healthy Chargers and Colts, please.

If we have to go 14-2, I hope those L's are against quality teams, not flukey wins by badly organized teams or as a result of horrible officiating.

Last edited:

Manning was always fine. The Patriots aren't the only team capable of lying about injuries. He was always going to be ready. The Colts are going to be the team to beat as always.

Rivers and Tomlinson will be fine too. Merriman is the one guy who won't be (that's still a big loss, but the Chargers will still be a tough team). And Favre is overrated, but he did have a pretty good year last year. I don't think he'll be any better than, say, Pennington, but I always liked Pennington.

Chargers

Colts

The Colts have other injuries that are fairly significant. Add Ryan Lija who hasn't practiced yet this preseason. According to John Clayton, Jeff Saturday has an MCL injury and could miss several weeks of the season. Ty Haggler will most likely start the year on the PUP.

Manning was always fine. The Patriots aren't the only team capable of lying about injuries. He was always going to be ready. The Colts are going to be the team to beat as always.

Rivers and Tomlinson will be fine too. Merriman is the one guy who won't be (that's still a big loss, but the Chargers will still be a tough team). And Favre is overrated, but he did have a pretty good year last year. I don't think he'll be any better than, say, Pennington, but I always liked Pennington.

Except word is the Colts did lie about Manning's injury. It is supposably a lot worse than they let on. The rumor is he had a second surgery and that they are having trouble keeping his knee from swelling.

The Colts lie about injuries, but they tend to lie about them being less severe than they really are. Last season, Marvin Harrison has a bruised knee and was day to day for 3 months. In 2006, Sanders was reported to have a minor injury also and was day to day and also missed 3 months.

Manning could be back and fine come day one, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had his leg amputated either based on how the Colts lie about injuries and make them far less than what they really are.

I'm really interested to see how LT looks this season.

Also, Marvin Harrison is only a year younger than Troy Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes