PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Harbaugh Ravens are this generation's dirtiest football team

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Let's start with the obvious: Ray Lewis' involvement with a murder, Terell Suggs throwing bleach in his wife's face, Ray Rice, Steve Smith, Bernard Pollard...the Ravens have always been the dirty street thugs of the NFL.

Throw in the constant cut blocking - the Gary Kupiac strategy form all those filthy-ass Denver teams of a decade ago.

Look back, tell me how many times Baltimore defenders went for Gronk's knees.

How about that jab at Brady during an early skirmish.

And, most detestable of all, Joe Flacco's strategy of just putting the ball up and letting Torrey Smith coax phantom penalty after phantom penalty.

And Harbaugh has the nerve to complain of deception?

I am too young to know the 70's Steelers or Raiders, and I am sure they were filth bags of the highest degree. For my money, this Baltimore team has consistently been the filthiest bunch of street thug SOBs of the past 15 years. Few things give me more gratification than watching their spirits get crushed.

Let's start with the obvious: Ray Lewis' involvement with a murder, Terell Suggs throwing bleach in his wife's face, Ray Rice, Steve Smith, Bernard Pollard...the Ravens have always been the dirty street thugs of the NFL.

Throw in the constant cut blocking - the Gary Kupiac strategy form all those filthy-ass Denver teams of a decade ago.

Look back, tell me how many times Baltimore defenders went for Gronk's knees.

How about that jab at Brady during an early skirmish.

And, most detestable of all, Joe Flacco's strategy of just putting the ball up and letting Torrey Smith coax phantom penalty after phantom penalty.

And Harbaugh has the nerve to complain of deception?

I am too young to know the 70's Steelers or Raiders, and I am sure they were filth bags of the highest degree. For my money, this Baltimore team has consistently been the filthiest bunch of street thug SOBs of the past 15 years. Few things give me more gratification than watching their spirits get crushed.
I go back to 1960 watching football. The Raiders were filthy. The Ravens are dirtier, in my opinion.

Detroit Lions say hi but not sure top to bottom they are as filthy but certainly a few really high profile scumbags there.

I'd probably say Detroit is more dirty on the field. We had the decency to release our murderer while the Rats kept theirs. Suggs threw bleach on her face, Kenyatta Jones threw scalding water on his roommate. Released. Ravens covered up for the Ray Rice shot seen round the world and only released after it blew up their face. See the trend? What's acceptable in Baltimore is not acceptable in New England.

Although I hate the PI trend it's not illegal. Maybe they change the rules for a receiver coming back on a under thrown ball? But until it happens it's within the rules.

I think above all, Harbaugh should be remembered as a guy who rode the coattails of the likes of a murderer, and two domestic abusers. I think his integrity should be called into question. I do find it disgusting that we're even here talking about Terrell Suggs as a pass rusher when it is documented that he is violent towards his wife. That's a much more serious issue than football, yet because the guy can play and b/c Harbaugh & Newsome are mercenaries, he continues on his life without repercussion.

And I really gotta throw the NFL media under the bus. Who is going to stand up and ask the tough question. "Hey, John, so the NFL [supposedly] made ending domestic abuse a priority this season, why is Suggs on your team?" Are the mediots, even the ones we respect, the Bedards, the Currans, the Reiss's of the world, really that dense (football aside) to not make the connection or are they just afraid? They have the power to actually bring light to these issues and instead they write about personnel groupings and pass rushing. I think it's embarrassing for everyone who covers the game, too. Akin to MLB reporters with steroids, but obviously with a lot more at stake.

Last edited:
As a fan of a team that has employed the likes of Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Meriweather, Vince Wilfork, Rodney Harrison, Kenyatta Jones, Ted Washington and Albert Haynesworth, I would think twice before starting these "my dirtbags are less dirty than yours" kind of threads.

As a fan of a team that has employed the likes of Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Meriweather, Vince Wilfork, Rodney Harrison, Kenyatta Jones, Ted Washington and Albert Haynesworth, I would think twice before starting these "my dirtbags are less dirty than yours" kind of threads.

You're really going to put Wilfork in that list? Lumping guys with off-field problems and on-field reputation as being dirty (which Wilfork really shouldn't even have) is a little problematic.

The difference between Kraft/BB & the Ravens management is we cut our murdering psychopath as soon as he was in cuffs. The only guy who I am embarrassed we employed is Haynesworth. Most other players with off-field issues had them after they were with the Pats.

You're really going to put Wilfork in that list? Lumping guys with off-field problems and on-field reputation as being dirty (which Wilfork really shouldn't even have) is a little problematic.

The difference between Kraft/BB & the Ravens management is we cut our murdering psychopath as soon as he was in cuffs. The only guy who I am embarrassed we employed is Haynesworth. Most other players with off-field issues had them after they were with the Pats.

The OP discussed on field as well as off-field "dirtiness". I love Wilfork (and Harrison for that matter), but ask JP Losman or Jay Cutler if Wilfork's above the occasional cheap shot. Spoiler alert: He's not, just like the occasional cheap shot artists we like to vilify on other teams.

So add dog abuse to wife beater for this team amongst other things such as whining mom jeans wearing coach.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...imore-ravens_n_6538426.html?utm_hp_ref=sports

The Baltimore Ravens announced Friday that they will release nose tackle Terrence Cody after the Super Bowl. The decision comes as the NFL player faces allegations of animal cruelty.

According to the Baltimore Sun, Cody is under investigation by the Baltimore County State’s Attorney’s office for animal cruelty. The case is believed to involve the death of the 26-year-old athlete’s dog, the Sun wrote.

Last edited:
I don' know what their record is against us 3-9? But I swear every loss they have
whined about something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back