Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just got back from the trip "down under" and can't sleep, hence a few observations from today's debacle:

* The new stadium is really nice -- very similar to the old Giants Stadium only bigger, with much wider concourses. Very tight to the field and a fully enclosed bowl; holds sound well. Got loud in the second half when 'Beans fans began to realize they might win one. Egress after the game was horrible. It takes forever to exit the stadium as all three levels empty simultaneously onto the same ramp system. They really need to do something about this.

* You all saw the game so I won't offer any redundancies other than to say that the Green Beans' second-half intensity had the Patriots on their heels. You've got to give 'em credit, they stuck it to us.

* I watched BB a lot through binoculars and I think he took this loss pretty hard. It's no secret he hates losing to that bunch. There was a point late in the game where he was bent over hands on knees just staring at the ground for a long time. I didn't hear his press conference but can only imagine.

* I have a few choice words for Jets "fans": you are a true disgrace as a fan base. You have a great new facility and a strong team, but you sure as hell don't know how to handle a win or treat visiting fans with civility. We were pelted from behind periodically in our seats by peanuts and pieces of food thrown by anonymous cowards somewhere a few rows back. The loud chants of "Brady sucks" and "Pats suck" wouldn't befit a group of 10-year-olds. The spastic childish taunts I can ignore; having crap thrown at me for no reason with my back turned is unforgivable.

* Edwards' 15-yarder for taunting, the shot to Welker's head and LaClassian's over-the-top display behavior after "scoring" first downs are just a few more examples of why this team needs shutting up in a big way. Here's hoping it happens in Foxboro.

Just makes me hate the Jets even more...please please don't let them go all the way!

Just makes me hate the Jets even more...please please don't let them go all the way!

to the superbowl ? that's the funniest thing i 've read all day and after that game i needed a good laugh. isn't there a reality show for this kind of comedic relief ?

dude, they just won their superbowl. back away from the cliff.

Stranger things have happened so don't tempt fate please :eek:...glad you had a laugh though :p

to the superbowl ? that's the funniest thing i 've read all day and after that game i needed a good laugh. isn't there a reality show for this kind of comedic relief ?

dude, they just won their superbowl. back away from the cliff.

* I have a few choice words for Jets "fans": you are a true disgrace as a fan base.

That's putting it mildly.

My favorite such story:

I knew a JEST fan who had to work during a JEST loss to the Patriots.

As it so happens, he was fired later that week over an incident of sexual harassment. :bricks:

Just got back from the trip "down under" and can't sleep, hence a few observations from today's debacle:

* The new stadium is really nice -- very similar to the old Giants Stadium only bigger, with much wider concourses. Very tight to the field and a fully enclosed bowl; holds sound well. Got loud in the second half when 'Beans fans began to realize they might win one. Egress after the game was horrible. It takes forever to exit the stadium as all three levels empty simultaneously onto the same ramp system. They really need to do something about this.

* You all saw the game so I won't offer any redundancies other than to say that the Green Beans' second-half intensity had the Patriots on their heels. You've got to give 'em credit, they stuck it to us.

* I watched BB a lot through binoculars and I think he took this loss pretty hard. It's no secret he hates losing to that bunch. There was a point late in the game where he was bent over hands on knees just staring at the ground for a long time. I didn't hear his press conference but can only imagine.

* I have a few choice words for Jets "fans": you are a true disgrace as a fan base. You have a great new facility and a strong team, but you sure as hell don't know how to handle a win or treat visiting fans with civility. We were pelted from behind periodically in our seats by peanuts and pieces of food thrown by anonymous cowards somewhere a few rows back. The loud chants of "Brady sucks" and "Pats suck" wouldn't befit a group of 10-year-olds. The spastic childish taunts I can ignore; having crap thrown at me for no reason with my back turned is unforgivable.

* Edwards' 15-yarder for taunting, the shot to Welker's head and LaClassian's over-the-top display behavior after "scoring" first downs are just a few more examples of why this team needs shutting up in a big way. Here's hoping it happens in Foxboro.

Sorry you got pelted - typical of jet fans though, no doubt.

Since you were there, can you tell me what was going on in the second half, specifically on "D" with our dbacks, were they close to making plays or really beat, repeatedly? Any help from the lb's in coverage? Also, would you say the offensive woes were basically, just a rare bad half by Tom Brady? Finally, any injuries of note? Was Taylor limited by teh toe, or edelman by the foot? Was Faulk ok?

Sorry you got pelted - typical of jet fans though, no doubt.

Since you were there, can you tell me what was going on in the second half, specifically on "D" with our dbacks, were they close to making plays or really beat, repeatedly? Any help from the lb's in coverage? Also, would you say the offensive woes were basically, just a rare bad half by Tom Brady? Finally, any injuries of note? Was Taylor limited by teh toe, or edelman by the foot? Was Faulk ok?

The defensive backs were in position to make plays most of the time in the second half and just got beat physically. The PI penalties were close calls. I think the LB coverage was lacking. Sanchez's misdirection fakes and rollouts were very well executed and I don't think the Pats were expecting that.

Brady was off target and missed some open people; don't know how much of that was due to getting hurried by delayed blitzes. He forced the ball to Moss way too much, but I guess they thought he could beat Cromartie, which didn't pan out. I would like to have seen more work with the tight ends especially but it didn't happen.

The big difference was the level of intensity the Green Beans played with in the second half. They just played with more energy and aggression on both sides of the ball.

Injuries: the hit to the head on Welker was dirty and that player should be fined. I'll bet Wrecks told his guys to take shots at Welker if they could. I think Faulk is hurt seriously -- he took a hard shot at the knee and was REALLY pissed. He was down for quite a while and when he was stood up to walk to the sideline he threw something onto the field (a mouthpiece or wad of tape?). They looked at his knee on the bench and he was steaming on the sideline afterward. I didn't see anything regarding injuries to Edelman or Taylor.

I heard one patsfan got his ass kicked and a guy I know got kicked out but he claims it was "unjust". Gotta love Jets fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye