Welcome to PatsFans.com

The great move to the left will stop Tuesday! Allaluya!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jan 18, 2010.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +576 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Tomorrow's vote results on the Brown vs. Coakley senate race will represent a vote on whether to continue the current trends of the democrats in power vs. a vote to end them now!

If Scott Brown wins, it will send a clear message to all liberal democrats that if you continue with this record spending, you will NOT get re-elected!

For the state of Massachusetts to vote in a Republican to replace Ted Kennedy....well, let's just say that it would be impossible to send this message any louder or any clearer.

For those standing on the FAR left....see you next tuesday!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +798 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Well, we do need Brown to win. Even though a close loss would have been a moral victory a month ago, at this point if he loses it will re-energize the liberals.

3. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +576 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I guess maybe you're right BF. Of course I'm not assuming Brown will win until it's all over. But I do think currently seated democrats will continue to be nervous even if Brown loses.

As we all know, it will take a small miracle for Brown to win in this state. But from what I've seen the last week, it would almost be surprising if Coakley wins as well....strange times in the Bay State indeed.

4. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

If the turn-out is high, I think it will be an easy Brown win. Just my guesstamation.

5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

Only some of them....... I think it will be enough for some Blue Dogs (particularly those in traditionally red areas) to bail. In fact, I think there are some that are quietly hoping for a Brown Win.

It's clear that health care is killing some of these Blue Dogs in their precincts. More then a few likely do not want to put their name behind the current Senate Bill at all, as they know it will doom them next September. If Brown can get in there, this thing will go down in flames because every option the Dems have to pass this thing goes way down.

My bet is that, enough will back away that it will make passage impossible.

6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +576 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Like I said....the great move to the left stopped today!

7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,025 / 44 / -31

#24 Jersey

Sad that we go through these periods ...

Remember Bush saying he had a mandate in 2004 ... that was foolish and it cost big in 2008.

I'd like to think they learned ... but history shows us they never do - they just hide in the brush.