Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Mar 15, 2007.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

So much for ALgore's claim that a consensus exists among scientist that Global warming is either necessarily harmful of being driven by Human activity.

Link to the complete film, (1hr 15 min):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XttV2C6B8pU
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Thanks for posting this. I've seen and heard a lot for a long time that indicate the earth's temp has risen and fallen over the past millenia, but I had not heard this much detail over the past several hundred years. I know one thing: this isn't the first time it's been getting warmer: Saber-tooth tigers and woolly mammoths (elephants with hair) up near the arctic circle.

//
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +448 / 7 / -31

#61 Jersey

Global warming also has created a new breed of ostrich, like you guys. "We've got our heads in the sand and, by golly, we're going to gather all the self-serving 'facts' we can to back that up!"
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Many years ago something created a whole bunch of ICE, we now call it the "Ice Age"

Many years ago something happened and all that Ice MELTED.

Did White Conservative American Christians cause this to happen, did the living creatures of those times drive SUV's, did they burn Halliburton Oil?
    Oh God Help Us.

George Bush turned Al Gore into a "Drooling Raving Lunatic".

Boycott Citgo.
    :bricks:
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +280 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Given that the sun provides all warmth to our planet, why would it possibly have anything to do with the teamperature ? ;)
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Lol, my favorite part of that "article" you posted was being told why warming is good. So you mean if the temperatures go up 10 degrees, we'll become wealthy and get to build more cathedrals? Fire up the incinerators!
  7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually it hasn't all melted. There are still continental sheets of ice on our polar regions. However, historically speaking, having such amounts of ice is an uncommon situation for our planet. It is absolutely guaranteed that the day is coming when our blue-green spheroid melts this ice and no amount of SUV's can stop or aid this process.
  8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

As mentioned, If you are over 55, you are irrelevant to the GW discussion. This issue is for our younger generation to decide on, not for people who have nothing at stake. Certainly not for people who reject scientific fact on its face, and instead rely on disinformation to make their point.

That said, the 2000+ IPCC scientists from around the world must be conspiring to subvert america. :rolleyes:

It would be nice if the cons would finally admit the real reason for their staunch support of fossil fuels. That you really support the continued enrichment of terrorist sponsoring states like Saudi Arabia. Hey, Guiliani supports Chavez, so we see a pattern here. Just come clean and admit it. You'd prefer americans die for big oil in the middle east than actually admitting that an oil based economy is finite and unsustainable.
  9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Translation, unless you agree with me then your opinion does not matter.
  10. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No, your opinion doesn't matter unless you accept scientific fact.
    See, people are entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

And if you are just a few years away from the grave, who the hell cares what you think about what is going to be the future generations problem. Just like your willingness to pass unprecedented debt onto future americans. Just like the irresponsible freeloader that you are.
  11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You obviously don't understand the scientific process. Scientists can look at the exact same sets of data but reach entirely different conclusions. The facts are not in debate. What is in debate is the conclusions and causes we may draw from the facts. People like you naturally default to the position that we must blame America first for all of society's ills.

There you have it folks... one of this group's leading liberals essentially telling us all that the opinions of old people don't matter... I suppose we may logically extrapolate from the above that if someone has terminal cancer or heart disease, then their opinions don't matter either... :rolleyes:

But we all know what he really means. What he really means is "Your opinion doesn't matter unless it agrees with mine."
  12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

BINGO...........We have BINGO!!
  13. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

AAB, the only people that would interpert what you wrote in that way are ones who are intentionally distorting what you said. I wouldn't even bother to debate the point since he's not arguing with you, he's arguing with a straw man he sets up to knock down.
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 4 / -2

That is a question that the doomsdayers never answer. I don't doubt that CO2 has an effect on warming, and the environment, but what bugs me is the one-sidedness of the enviro-nazi's on this issue, and their overall disdain for genuine discussion. The vilification of anyone that offers some alternative views and data is astounding. It's the old GW bit of "you're either with us, or against us". Basically, you either agree with man-made, end of the world, doomsday Global Warming, or you die! :eek: I'm always skeptical of extremists and doomsdayers. Nothing is ever that bad, or, that good. IMO anyway.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +291 / 4 / -2

Are you denying the historical fact of what the warmer climate meant to greater europe in years past? The author merely pointed out the historical occurances that resulted from the warmer climate. I don't think he said we could build more cathedrals. He simply stated how more were built during those times.
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +291 / 4 / -2

The problem is you trust the UN, and most people don't. I trust myself. Just like the neo-cons want to push the oil agenda, I think the liberal enviro-nazi's want to push a socialized global structure. So basically, for someone like me, I don't think it's nearly as bad as people like you are trying to force me to believe, just like I don't think there is nothing to worry about like the neo-cons are telling me. The truth lies someplace in the middle-left, or middle-right, not likely to be near either extreme.
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

What about Scientific Fact that doesn't happen to agree with the Scientific Fact that you agree with.

My scientific fact is better than your scientific fact.

We have had the exact same weather patterns that we are having today a 100 years ago the only difference was we wern't having this big "Hate The Right Wing Oil War" that we are having today.

A lot of this will die down if a Democrat is elected in 2008, some will still be yapping about it but most of it will go away, the liberal media will see to that.
    :bricks:
  18. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The implication is clear: if temperatures rise, it will be good for us. What happened in the rest of the world while Europe was enjoying the higher temperature? Or do we not care about anyone between the tropics?
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +291 / 4 / -2

No it isn't. His point was simple, and a reference of what transpired during both a warm, and cold period.

The film starts off covering indisputable facts. There was a Medieval Warm Period that was warmer than today -- that led to incredible wealth in Europe when the bulk of the continent's great cathedrals were built and when Britain had thriving vineyards. Then came the Little Ice Age that started in the 17th century and was so cold London's Thames River would freeze so solidly festivals were held on it.
  20. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Selective, indesputable facts.