Welcome to PatsFans.com

The government wants us to be vigilant

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Jun 30, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just don't take into account a person's religion whilst maintaining your vigilance. Remember, that 80 year old grandmother in her wheelchair is just as much of a threat to you as those 4 20-something Saudi nationals.

Failure to obey will result in the ultra-liberal ACLU wiping you out with an endless series of lawsuits.
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +157 / 4 / -4

I think everything you've posted since your return has been antagonistic, but I don't think people are biting. Keep trying.
  3. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That reminds me, gotta renew my ACLU membership.
  4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah... kinda like your "Trouble for the Republican Party" thread. You sure whipped up a frenzy over there :rolleyes:

Typical liberal... you're a racist, anti-Catholic bigot who thinks his sh*t smells sweeter than everyone else's. And, for some reason, you're awfully familiar with the writings of well known Holocaust deniers.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Coming from Mr. Antagonist, that's an interesting comment ;)

Of course it was the Democrats who stopped a "good samaratan (sp?)" bill that would protect people from being sued for reporting suspicious activity.
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +157 / 4 / -4

Can you find a link on this? I don't know about it, and my searches turned up nothing that appeared to be relevant.
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +278 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I'll look tonight, they were talking about it on TV last night - darn it, I forgot who it was.
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +278 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +278 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Looks like it's in the Senate now, 121 Democrats in the House tried to stop it.

http://www.reclinercommentaries.com/2007/04/flying-imams-legislation.html

"The good news is that a bill passed in the House of Representatives that is designed to protect the public from frivolous lawsuits like the one filed by the “flying Imam’s” who are trying to sue passengers who reported them. The bill now needs to go to the Senate.

The scary thing is that 121 Democrats voted against it! Representative Bennie Thompson (D-Miss), the chairman of the Homeland Security Committee, opposed the bill saying, “We should be tolerant.”"

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0402200...nd_opedcolumnists_debra_burlingame.htm?page=0

"According to witnesses in the gallery and on the floor, Speaker Nancy Pelosi displayed a classic deer-in-the headlights look as the Democratic leadership went into a huddle - plainly eager, not to embrace this common-sense measure, but to sidetrack it.

Meanwhile, Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), the chairman of the Homeland Security Committee, took the floor to oppose King's motion - and to defend the lawsuit against John Does. "We should be tolerant," he argued; people shouldn't be singled out because they "look different."

With Democrats realizing they couldn't argue against King's measure, it went to a vote, and passed, 304 to 121

Every one of those 121 votes aimed at defeating protection for "John Does" was a Democrat - indeed, more than half of all Democrats present voted "nay."

The story isn't over yet. To become law, this measure must also pass the Senate - and survive House-Senate conference, where the leadership might try to quietly excise King's reform."

So I appologize, Democrats didn't stop it but a lot of them are trying.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2007