PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Gospel of John

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMVej6QXwhk

the rest can be found as you go along. All words spoken by the actors are straight from the Gospel.

the movie was made, not for profit, but to be spread to the masses, just in case there is some disingenious crying about copyright law.

enjoy and be blessed.

yes, its a shameless bump, but really, there are about 10 non-religious spam posts blocking the road. Im just trying to climb over the garbage. :)

more important than the music threads so...

check out Part 19, the very ending of the Gospel of John. There is a very profound moment when Jesus asks Peter 3 times if he loves him. Earlier, Peter had denied knowing Jesus 3 times and Peter was consumed with guilt over this. But Jesus knew Peter's heart and showed His spirit of forgiveness.

Ive always loved that story and it is a fine teaching of how we can always turn to the Lord and as much as He wants us to know Him, He already knows us and is ready to forgive us and embrace us when we call on Him.

Just a great film to enjoy during the Christmas season!

I suggest this movie will tell you more about ************ than the one offered up by PFIV.

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this, i've seen bits of a similar version before but this was excellent, and i really gained something from watching it.

I love the representation of Jesus, seeing him in a human form makes you think in a new light.

I would also recommend anyone the film Jesus of Nazareth, its really long, but so worth it in every way

yww.youtube.com/watch?v=5n_wWvJnwcQ

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this, i've seen bits of a similar version before but this was excellent, and i really gained something from watching it.

I love the representation of Jesus, seeing him in a human form makes you think in a new light.

I would also recommend anyone the film Jesus of Nazareth, its really long, but so worth it in every way

yww.youtube.com/watch?v=5n_wWvJnwcQ

My pleasure. And I also enjoyed the film Jesus of Nazereth.

During political silly season, when His name is dragged into all sorts of discussion, its very important to keep in mind who Jesus was and is and what His purpose here on Earth was according to the Bible.

I pray you be blessed by this film, whose dialogue is taken word from word from the Gospel of John.

Amen, man. Merry Christmas to you as well.

Back at you! Merry Christmas.

It was on TV last night, the best way to end the day. I love how Jesus forgives Peter. He is such a forgiving God.

I love how Jesus forgives Peter. He is such a forgiving God.

It's funny how you can hear something so much that it becomes overlooked. But you're right, that's just amazing. The forgiveness of that betrayal (or three really) is something that I think people tend to breeze over in the whole fullness of the passion story. To sit and just reflect on the grace of forgiveness is just awe-inspiring.

Just so you don't have to dig through the old threads next year, I've made it a sticky. :)

I agree 100% - the gospel of John is probably the most critical book in the NT - no, not saying the others are unimportant or anything, but there are ALOT of NITTY GRITTY details in it that will more than help you grasp an understanding of not only the gospel, but the rest of the NT as well.

For example - there are even the most detailed of verses in there that if you catch them, it will help you grasp a big understanding of the bigger concepts et al.

For example -

Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

The key words in these verses are LAST DAY - just looking at the words in these 3 verses, it all but DEBUNKS this pre-tribulation rapture that alot of our modern day "bible teachers" like Tim LaHaye, Jerry Jenkins, Hal Lindsey, Joel Rosenberg, Grant Jeffries, etc, etc try to ram down everyone's throat and make $$$$ off of.

Of course, there's plenty of other scripture debunking the pre-trib rapture, but these verses alone saying how we'll be raised up on THE LAST DAY...

Is this the one with Henry Ian Cusick of Lost fame? (The vids have been taken down on YouTube). If so, great flick. :rocker:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back