Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Goracle: Saving the world is HUNGRY business (what a tool)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patriot_in_NY, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I, guess nothing’s too rare & endangered to serve up for THE LITTLE PRINCESS'S wedding rehearsal.

Seriously, the one tender liberal spot I have in my black little conservative heart is on the environment and global issues. Ummmm, I gotta ask this folks, can we get another spokesmen here. The hypocrasy is a bit to much to ignore at this point.

Fukcing CHILLIAN SEA BASS, Are we serious?

I'm left to wonder? Where do you even buy CHILLIAN SEA BASS offsets. :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Give me a break.
    So anytime someone takes a position on something, everything in their entire lives should be absolutely consistent with it, or else they're a hypocrite?

For example, Bush is all about sacrifice and war, but he himself was an AWOL national guard pilot who was a pathetic excuse for a military person. I guess you guys can overlook it since he's your infallible decider.
  3. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

While I have no problem accepting that Gore's a hypocrite, the article's whole premise is a lie. Patagonian toothfish aren't an endangered species.
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT............. {this ain't about Bush, he's not mentioned for a reason, since HE is not GERMAINE to the topic of eating CHILLIAN SEA BASS)

LOOK, I can live with sky high electric bills, even the occasional private lear jet ride. But serving up a rare natural resource for your perverse and SELFISH pleasure.

You're gonna defend that??????????????????? Please go on.
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I don't think hypocracy (Bush's) should be used to defend hypocracy (Gore's), nor should be people say "well, that's just the way it is in politics", but don't say that the topic's germaine when it's actually related. Why do you spend time pointing out one politician's hypocracy while ignoring another? Partisan are we?
  7. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I never said the eating of such is illegal (it's not), however the overwheming amount of literatre out there indicates that this fish is in a deperate struggle for its continued existance on this planet. When you are the spokesmen for climate change (and thus environmental issues), it does not help when you act in this manner.

How bout a little Chicken Dijon or something a little less controversial.

Go back to post one....... Read it again. I clearly stated that I am posting this SPECIFICALLY as a result of my sympathies to environmental issues. I'm not a huge Global Warming guy, persay (of course I know somethings happening to our planet)... but I am very much a conservation and wilderness/wildlife advocate.

It's from that platform that his actions piss me off. Not because of a left/right, one group gets a pass while the skates point of view. I'm speaking in the context of GORE'S hypocrisy as a stand alone issue, NOT as it relates to any other politician, or thier actions

I freely admit, they are all hypocrites (as many of us are as well).
  8. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

you silly neocons, you followers have never cared about the environment, you support leaders who are all about exploiting every resource for profit, and NOW all of the sudden you care so much about fish?

thanks for the laugh.
  9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

TYPICAL ....................... Don't presume to tell me what I care about and don't care about.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

I just e-mailed these screwballs, this is what I wrote:

Dear a$s holes,
    I am taking two of my grandsons fishing today, we are packing a lunch and going over to The Commonwealth Pier in Boston Harbor, the Chillian Sea Bass are running now, at days end we are going to take our catch of Chillian Sea Bass out into the parking lot and line them all up on the asphalt, then I am going let one of my grandsons drive my pick up truck that has a rifle in the rear window, I am going to stand up in the back of the truck and yell "die you bastards" as my grandson drives over all of the Chillian Sea Bass and kills every f-cking one of them, Chillian fish eyes rolling all over the street, Chillian Sea Bass guts all over the tires of my gas guzzling pick up truck.

God Is Truly Great
    Death To The Chillian Sea Bastards
    :bricks:
  11. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm taking issue with the article you posted calling the fish "endangered", endangered isn't the same thing as "at-risk", endangered is an official conservation status that carries with it legal restrictions. You may not mean to imply that Gore did something illegal, but the article does on its face.

You get no disagreement from me there, Gore's a hypocrite.
  12. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Chilean Sea Bass in Maine? I hope you didn't get your grandson too excited.
  13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

you mean, an entity of the MSM was disengenuous in the manner with which is both represented, and slanted the news? :eek: Say it ain't so! :D
  14. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Right, and taking it a step further, "a poster here posted something from the MSM that was disengenuous in the manner with which is both represented, and slanted the news? Say it ain't so!"
  15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Chilean sea bass is not an endangered species, but there are those who are concerned. It can be legally bought in the US and, if legally bought, it's from a sustainable fishing environment. Assuming the fish bought was bought legally, Gore did nothing wrong (unless perhaps you're a PETA member), and this is another example of the kind of dishonesty promulgated by the right wing.

http://www.state.gov/g/oes/rls/fs/2002/8989.htm
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

(sarcasm) Yeah but he was just trusting the news. Should he not trust what a reputable paper publishes? Should he not beeeeeelieve what a journalist reports? :D What about his message being important, isn't that what matters most? Who needs actual facts, or the certifiable truth, so long as the message is important? :help:
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

:rofl:

[​IMG]
  18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

No not Maine, Boston Harbor, A Chillian told me they were Chillian Fish so I caught some and killed the communist bastards.

Bring A Chillian home to dinner, do we have any Chillian Firefighters in America, is there a racist nickname for Chillians (Chilly).

"I feel sorry for the poor bastard, his daughter married a Chilly"
    "no sh!t"
    "yeah, if my daughter ever started running around with a Chilly I'd kill her"
    "yeah, me too"
    :bricks:
  19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

What's your point? Are you saying it was wrong for Gore to serve a fish that is perfectly legal to serve in the U.S.? Do you take up every endangered species issue? I didn't realize the right wing has a soft spot for Chilean sea bass. You're such a fraud!
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

My point is pretty self explanatory.