PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"The good old days" are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhodyPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Against Manning tonight the TOP was 36 minutes for the Pats and 24 minutes for Manning.
The Patriots ran 23 more offensive plays than the Broncos.
THAT is how you beat great QB's. You keep them off the field.
THAT is how the Patriots USED TO GAMEPLAN when they were beating great QB's like Peyton Manning and winning Super Bowls.
Your offense eats the clock and keeps the other O off the field by using a ground game/short passing game.
Your defense gets turnovers.

For those of you who, like me, have been screaming for the Patriots to stop making this team all about Brady and a razzle dazzle passing game and wanting them to return to playing Patriot football I say "take a bow".
The Patriots have finally returned to their championship roots.
It means only good things for January and February
Sweeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!

re: "The good old days" are back

What most of the kids around here don't know is that, even when we had the best D in the league, games vs Manning used to end 38-34, with Willie ending up playing tricks to win.

got a long way to go my friend.. long way to go ..

Patriots are scary right now. When they can run & play defense, AND Brady is at the top of his game, they can beat anyone.

What most of the kids around here don't know is that, even when we had the best D in the league, games vs Manning used to end 38-34, with Willie ending up playing tricks to win.

I recall some pretty reasonable scores especially in Foxborough. But it is true that the Patriots had a dynamite defense yet gameplanned to keep that terrific defense and Manning OFF the field by using the run game and short passing game.

got a long way to go my friend.. long way to go ..

True but for the first time in YEARS we're seeing the Patriots strive for balance with their offense and have a defense that is creating TO's.

Patriots are scary right now. When they can run & play defense, AND Brady is at the top of his game, they can beat anyone.

We can only hurt ourselves. With the type of backs we have now, there is no reason to go empty backfield. Especially with a sizable lead.
We can only hurt ourselves with cute stuff.

Last edited:
We can only hurt ourselves. With the type of backs we have now, there is no reason to go empty backfield. Especially with a sizable lead.
We can only hurt ourselves with cute stuff.

What they also need to do is throw when Brady is over center.
It was ridiculous how unprepared Denver was on that Woodhead 17 yd 3rd down run because every single time Brady is over center with a RB in the backfield they are running the ball. Way too predictable in that formation. Going to come back to haunt them.

True but for the first time in YEARS we're seeing the Patriots strive for balance with their offense and have a defense that is creating TO's.

There was absolutely no balance today. We ran the ball like 20 more times than passing and I love it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes