PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The good, bad and ugly moves of free-agency period

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayjoe

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/03/06/liked.disliked/index.html

Ten Moves I Liked

Wes Welker led the Dolphins in receptions, punt-return average and kickoff-return averge last season.

1. The Patriots trade for Wes Welker -- Whether it's at slot receiver or in the return game, Welker is a pesky little play-making presence that gives the opposition fits. The Patriots gave up second- and seventh-round picks for him, but with two first-rounders this year, that lessens the blow to New England's first-day draft haul. As a bonus, the move also potentially weakens a division opponent, which is never a bad idea. Get ready to see Tom Brady throw a ton of those receiver screens that the Patriots love to Welker.

I agree with you 100% Don Banks.

Last edited:
I found this entertaining.

7. The Lions trading Dre' Bly -- It seems to me that Bly quickly showed his true colors by complaining that he wanted Detroit to trade him to Washington rather than Denver, because the Redskins were willing to give him a new contract and the Broncos aren't. Show me a guy who'd rather play for the perennially losing Redskins than the perennially winning Broncos and I'll show you the type of player that Lions coach Rod Marinelli is trying to weed out of his locker room. At the very least, Detroit got a potential starter at offensive tackle (George Foster) and running back (Tatum Bell) in the Bly trade, which gives them lots of options at No. 2 in the draft.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/03/06/liked.disliked/index.html

Ten Moves I Liked

Wes Welker led the Dolphins in receptions, punt-return average and kickoff-return averge last season.

1. The Patriots trade for Wes Welker -- Whether it's at slot receiver or in the return game, Welker is a pesky little play-making presence that gives the opposition fits. The Patriots gave up second- and seventh-round picks for him, but with two first-rounders this year, that lessens the blow to New England's first-day draft haul. As a bonus, the move also potentially weakens a division opponent, which is never a bad idea. Get ready to see Tom Brady throw a ton of those receiver screens that the Patriots love to Welker.

I agree with you 100% Don Banks.

Since when do the Patriots love wide receiver screens? They run a lot of RB and TE screens, but they don't run a lot of WR at all

Since when do the Patriots love wide receiver screens? They run a lot of RB and TE screens, but they don't run a lot of WR at all
Huh???????

How do you first commend teams for dumping poor character guys, then rip the Dolphins for cutting Randy McMichael?

Total contradiction of self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey