Welcome to PatsFans.com

The good, bad and ugly moves of free-agency period

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by broadwayjoe, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broadwayjoe

broadwayjoe In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/03/06/liked.disliked/index.html

Ten Moves I Liked

Wes Welker led the Dolphins in receptions, punt-return average and kickoff-return averge last season.

1. The Patriots trade for Wes Welker -- Whether it's at slot receiver or in the return game, Welker is a pesky little play-making presence that gives the opposition fits. The Patriots gave up second- and seventh-round picks for him, but with two first-rounders this year, that lessens the blow to New England's first-day draft haul. As a bonus, the move also potentially weakens a division opponent, which is never a bad idea. Get ready to see Tom Brady throw a ton of those receiver screens that the Patriots love to Welker.

I agree with you 100% Don Banks.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  2. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I found this entertaining.

7. The Lions trading Dre' Bly -- It seems to me that Bly quickly showed his true colors by complaining that he wanted Detroit to trade him to Washington rather than Denver, because the Redskins were willing to give him a new contract and the Broncos aren't. Show me a guy who'd rather play for the perennially losing Redskins than the perennially winning Broncos and I'll show you the type of player that Lions coach Rod Marinelli is trying to weed out of his locker room. At the very least, Detroit got a potential starter at offensive tackle (George Foster) and running back (Tatum Bell) in the Bly trade, which gives them lots of options at No. 2 in the draft.

3. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Since when do the Patriots love wide receiver screens? They run a lot of RB and TE screens, but they don't run a lot of WR at all

4. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Huh???????

5. stinkypete

stinkypete In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

How do you first commend teams for dumping poor character guys, then rip the Dolphins for cutting Randy McMichael?

Total contradiction of self.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.