PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The GOAT is 9-10 overall in PO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a big difference between a QB playing poorly and causing his team to lose and playing well but still coming up on the losing end.

I would agree that Manning has played poorly in most of his playoff losses but I don't think that was the case here. One could argue that putting up only 16 points is a poor performance, especially considering the game was indoors where weather wasn't a factor but you must also consider that the Jets brought their "A" game on defense and used a very effective ball control offense to limit Peyton's opportunities, especially in the second half.

All in all, I'd give Peyton a pass on this one. Criticizing this type of loss diminishes well earned criticism when he actually plays poorly.

I picture just big giant cutouts in the shape of feet. No words. Just big feet waving in the crowd. What a distraction for Rex.

Maybe all the lady Pats fans who are going to the game should go barefoot and stick their feet in the air on third down. That should get Rexie off his game.

Maybe all the lady Pats fans who are going to the game should go barefoot and stick their feet in the air on third down. That should get Rexie off his game.

Some dudes need to make some foot thing, like the bug foam hand/thumb.

Just a simple foot outline.
They would sell one to Everyone.

Sell em outside.
Would they be allowed in?

I find it hard to excuse Manning for this one, especially considering the Jets have no real pass rush. He played the game exceptionally conservative and cost his team a win tonight.

Some dudes need to make some foot thing, like the bug foam hand/thumb.

Just a simple foot outline.
They would sell one to Everyone.

Sell em outside.
Would they be allowed in?

"We're Number 1" with a big toe sticking up?

we had a healthy d line the last time... im not a fan of this match up... but i guess better than the ravens...

Not to be too facetious here, but the team's not significantly more banged up now than then (no Wright, no Pryor then; no Brace, no Wright now).

That is excellent.
Shape of a foot, with a huge big toe.

Patriots colors.
Anyone in a position to do this?
lots of fun, big psyche into the fat man's little brain.
Would squeeze out all the other thoughts.

Plus some serious cash bidnezz this week..
Hell, ya could cut em by hand, spray paint with a stencil...

Someone should be able to crank em out?

This will be a fun week. The national media will crank up the hype and Wrecks will say some unbelievably stupid things that will rile all of us in Patriot nation into a frenzy.
The Jets win casued also them to lose their second round pick from the trade with SD for Mr. Classless. It got bumped up from a 3rd with the win.
We have home field advantage and its a pretty good one at that. Last time we played these guys we did OK. I think the Colts blew it by not attacking the Jets weakness, which is the middle of their D. Linebacker and safely play on TE's and running backs coming out. TB will exploit this.
I'm really looking ofrward to the game and all the stuff that will surround it. And if that piece of ***** team in green beats us, in our stadium, well, they deserve the win.
But that aint happening.

A sign featuring a large foot with the three superbowl rings on the toes...and below in large letters "KISS THE RINGS"

That is excellent.
Shape of a foot, with a huge big toe.

Patriots colors.
Anyone in a position to do this?
lots of fun, big psyche into the fat man's little brain.
Would squeeze out all the other thoughts.

Plus some serious cash bidnezz this week..
Hell, ya could cut em by hand, spray paint with a stencil...

Someone should be able to crank em out?

I would....but I'm 3 rows from falling off the back of the stadium. No point for me to be holding something up....unless a Jets fan is behind me :D

we had a healthy d line the last time... im not a fan of this match up... but i guess better than the ravens...

i wouldve preferred the ravens. their offense is even more out of synch and non division opponent so you can always show some looks not seen before. with jets its nothing new to either team anymore.

i wouldve preferred the ravens. their offense is even more out of synch and non division opponent so you can always show some looks not seen before. with jets its nothing new to either team anymore.

nothing new since the 45-3 win?

That's a huge exaggeration. The only player we're missing from that game is Ron Brace. I think the Patriots are good enough to overcome his absence.

That's a huge exaggeration. The only player we're missing from that game is Ron Brace. I think the Patriots are good enough to overcome his absence.

i think the jets came with a stupid plan in that game of putting the game in sanchez's hands with the no huddle etc. iam sure this time they will try and establish the run more.

I picture just big giant cutouts in the shape of feet. No words. Just big feet waving in the crowd. What a distraction for Rex.

ROFLMAO, Ryan needs to down in the worst fashion humanly possible.

i think the jets came with a stupid plan in that game of putting the game in sanchez's hands with the no huddle etc. iam sure this time they will try and establish the run more.

Yeah, that will be a 42 point difference.

Manning's post season career:

First: 45.2 percent, 227 yards 0 TD 0 INT - 62.3 rating - Loss

Second: 53.1 percent, 194 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, rating of 82 - Loss

Third: 45.2 percent, 137 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, rating of 31.2 - Loss

Fourth - 84.6 percent, 377 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT, 158.3 - Win

Fifth: 73.3 percent, 304 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 138.8 rating - Win

Sixth: 48.9 percent, 237 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT, rating of 35.5 - Loss

Seventh: 81.8 percent, 458 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT, 145.7 rating - Win

Eighth: 64.3 percent, 238 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 69.3 rating - Loss

Ninth: 57.9 percent, 290 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 90.9 rating - Loss * This is the game when Troy P's interception should have counted and ended the game sooner.

Tenth: 78.9 percent, 268 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 71.9 rating - Win

Eleventh: 50 percent, 170 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 39.6 rating - Win

Twelfth: 57.4 percent, 349 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 79.1 rating - Win

Thirteenth: 65.8 percent, 247 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 81.8 rating - Win

(Only year he won the Super Bowl his post season totals were: 63.4 percent, 258.5 yards a game, 3 TD, 7 INT and a rating of 70.5. He won the Super Bowl MVP off of dump off passes in which his running backs did 90% of the work. He would not have won if not for Grossman's turnovers).

Fourteenth: 68.8 percent, 402 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT, 97.7 rating - Loss

Fifteenth: 59.5 percent, 310 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 90.4 rating - Loss

Sixteenth: 68.2 percent, 246 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 87.9 rating - Win

Seventeenth: 66.7, 377 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 123.6 rating - Win

Eighteenth: 68.9 percent, 333 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 88.5 rating - Loss

Nineteenth: 69.2 percent, 225 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 108.7 rating - Loss

The averages:

Post Season

63 percent completions.
283 yards.
1.5 TD
1 INT
88.5 QB Rating
9-10
.47 winning percentage

Regular Season
64 percent completions.
263 yards.
1.9 TD
.95 INT
94.9 QB Rating

For whatever reason, Peyton can't consistently compete in the post season. The Colts won a Super Bowl in spite of his bad play. Manning had two terrible games to start the post season the year he won it all, and he had two very mediocre games to culminate with a Super Bowl victory. He's just not a playoff quarterback, and if it wasn't for his defense and his running backs bailing him out in that Super Bowl post season, he wouldn't even have a ring.

lHlP1.jpg

Fun fact. With this loss, Manning is the only SB winning QB to carry a losing record overall in post-season play. Jim McMahon is the next closest at 3-3.

Let's look at the facts. Manning puts up 16 points at home against a D that averaged 19. Plus, he'd only have scored ten if his kicker were anyone but good ol' Adam V., who nailed a 47 yarder AND a 50 yarder. Simply put, Manning couldn't get it done.

P.S: How stupidly good is Adam Vinatieri? Honestly, we'd probably have another championship if we kept him. Or at least the Colts would have one fewer. In 2006 @ Baltimore in the playoffs, he scored every point for Indianapolis, going 5/5, including a 48 yarder and a 51 yarder. He was 14/15 that post-season, including a preposterous 4 kicks of 48 yards or more. Best. Kicker. ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back