Welcome to PatsFans.com

the Global Warming Myth is a lie

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

2. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Completely denying global warming is passe, now that crowd likes to say that it's real but has nothing to do with humans. It's all those fish burping in the Pacific (so we need to get rid of the fish... all of them).
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

That's too funny. On the one hand you have Al Bore screaming that the sky is falling, the UN fear mongering their way to global control, and the supporting data missing key elements of history in their reports (hockey stick anyone?). Yet when Exxon does the same, it's "Wake up people!".

Holy, the planet is warming fine, but why, and at what danger? That's what people like me want to know. Personally, I trust each side about as much as I trust a politician.
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

We might be lucky and global warming could be the greatest thing to happen to us, but I'm of the opinion that the Earth's ecosystems are fragile and any sudden change is bad. It's like if you live near a river and somebody builds a dam: the dam might be a good thing, but you've been counting on that river for water.
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Are they saying it's not human, or not totally human? The UN report itself said the biggest emitter are cows, at 18% of CO2. How much is deforestation contributing? The sun? Are the actions being cited by Enviro-Nazi's even going to work? Would they make a difference? Is the warming merely a historical swing as has been the case in our planets past? These are all valid questions that need to be answered. Unfortunately, one side is not willing to listen to debate. They are fear mongering the end of the earth and chastize anyone who dares ask a question. Amazingly, these tend to be the same people that validly question the current administrationin in the White House as being far too authoritarian.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

one side is not willing to listen to the debate? I believe the debate is over, and has been over for quite some time now.
    the ice is melting, Polar bears are drowning, and you dare to call people who point out the problems...'fear mongers'? Then point blame on whisleblowers who challenge the white house for not doing anything....and infact aiding the pollution. the clear skies act how well its protecting the polluters....

shameful.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

After Bush Is Gone The Earth Will Return To A Normal Temperature
    :bricks:
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

classic....
  9. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Cows and deforestation are man-made causes, just like cars. The sun is the same it's been for a long, long time (stars don't just change their output without going into a new phase - ie, brown dwarf).
  10. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Where Bush is going, he'll see some temperature.
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +251 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

Let's just get rid of those god damn humans.

Allrighty - explain the Ice Age.
  12. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Exxon Mobil has been behind this deception for a long time. The Union has just pointed out the obvious.

The only "scientists" that accept an alternative conclusion are those who have been bought. They are not scientists, they are whores. The vast majority of climatologists accept the obvious - that greenhouse emissions are affecting ecosystems.

Is Al Gore still counting smokestacks? Harry...that was one funny line!
  13. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Obviously when the solution is worse than the problem, you're better off with the problem. But most of us don't think it crazy extremes and know there can be a middle ground. For example, you can just eliminate SOME humans.

1. Atmospheric composition, especially greenhouse gasses.
    2. Milankovitch cycles (periodic changes to the Earth's orbit around the sun)

Solar output is about 1.3 W/m² (watts per meter squared) and varies by less than 0.1%.
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Fox News Segment Falsely Claims That Denver Blizzard Casts Doubt On Global Warming

Today, prominent climate skeptics Pat Michaels and Dan Gainor appeared on Fox News’ Your World with Neil Cavuto to argue that the recent snowstorms in Denver prove there is a “Northeast bias” on global warming. Both agreed with Cavuto’s claim that if “more of those who support global warming did not live in the East Coast, or more specifically in New York, and were stationed in Denver,” they might be more skeptical of global warming.

Michaels added that “if you believe that warming causes cooling, you’re like my neighbors down in Virginia who think that if you put hot water in the ice cube tray, it freezes faster. It doesn’t work that way.”

Are we all that stupid?
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Gore is all done in America, he did them twice, he wanted to over to China and count theirs, they told him "stay the fluck out of china"
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Save the children!

Run for your lives!

Thank you for making my point about as perfectly as I could have ever hoped too. :D
  18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'm not telling you to be afraid, I'm telling you to be INFORMED. How you choose to interporate the information is your own free will.

just ignore the evidence....and whistle happy tunes. Taste the candy, oh so sweet...yummy-yummy candy.

is that better?
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Don't be so naive.

The Royal Society says there's a worldwide scientific consensus. It brands Apocalypse-deniers as paid lackeys of coal and oil corporations. I declare my interest: I once took the taxpayer's shilling and advised Margaret Thatcher, FRS, on scientific scams and scares. Alas, not a red cent from Exxon.

Interesting article where which the auther provides references to his information.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/11/05/nosplit/nwarm05.xml
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I'm not afraid. Why should I be? Is the world going to end tomorrow? Nope. If it were to, is there anything I could do about it? Another no.

You see Al Bore's movie, and A Day After Tomorrow (which I own btw, entertaining movie), and think that propoganda is certifiable fact. I don't. I do see that the planet is warming. All I want to know is why. When people spew garbage at me like Al Gore does, that Shanghai is going to be under 20' of water next week, I become skeptical. It's the same way one would be skeptical of a right win nut telling you the terror danger is so severe you need a microchip installed in your arse to ensure your safety. I'd be pretty skeptical there too. The problem is that anyone who tries to talk the alternative view is being chastized as a liar or oil lackey. I'm curious as to why there is so much disdain for their views. Let them present thier case and offer proof and references. If their conclusions don't add up as you say, then why fear their speaking? Again, I'm not saying I'm not concerned, I'm merely putting forth that the Enviro-Nazi's seem a tad over the top to me.