PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Givens link still up on Patriots.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Dont you think they would take it down by now? An organization like the Pats Im sure are aware of this, just seems strange. Maybe the offers were not as big as planned and the Pats decided to match it....Hopefully.

I agree, it is weird. I wish they'd take it down if it's not confirmed.

It'd be typical of the Pats to wait until late Sun. to announce any signings. They do so love to make it easy for the media and as we know, late Sunday afternoon is a hot bed of breaking news. (sarcasm intended.)

Its gone

Look again, they took it down,,,,,, :violent:

Hoodie said:
I agree, it is weird. I wish they'd take it down if it's not confirmed.

It'd be typical of the Pats to wait until late Sun. to announce any signings. They do so love to make it easy for the media and as we know, late Sunday afternoon is a hot bed of breaking news. (sarcasm intended.)

Actually, THIS Sunday afternoon will be "a hotbed of breaking news" ...
with the announcement of the Big Dance brackets in less than 2 hours.
That is your sports lead tomorrow.

Leaving it up is interesting. The Pats' webmaster has skunked readers before, but perhaps
she just has Sundays off.
Or perhaps something like this unfolded:
agent Blank repeatedly has averred that he would offer the Patriots a first refusal.
What if the Pats did match, say, Miami's offer ... Blank leaked that to the Houston reporter (saying David INTENDED to re-sign, which became garbled into DID RE-SIGN) ... who then did as Blank had wanted him to do, and posted that story.
All this to spook the Texans, who then shouted, "Wait. Wait! We can do better. Let's talk this out."
Upon which, Brad bundles his client onto a plane to keep the auction alive.

Guys:

I don't think Givens' incompetent agent leaked the story directy to the Houston Chronicle. Rather, I think he probably told the Texans management that the Pats were making a "signficant offer" that Givens was likely to accept. Being incompetent, he probably assumed that Casserly would immediately respond with something like, "wait, we'll double it!"

Instead Casserly thanked Agent Blank for the call and later, while "leaking" other info to the newspaper reporter, included the tidbit that it looked like Givens was signing with the Pats.

I think Agent Blank is simply trying to create the illusion of big demand for his decent #2 wide receiver client. The reality may be that his decent #2 wide receiver is only seeing offers of decent #2 wide receiver money.

The Givens article is no longer linked to the front page or the news page. It may still be on the site, but its not linked anymore. As of 2 PM PST.

DaBruinz said:
The Givens article is no longer linked to the front page or the news page. It may still be on the site, but its not linked anymore. As of 2 PM PST.

They must be reading our site again.

It's up, it's down, it's up...now it's down. Would be real nice to see it come up just one more time and say he inked his deal with us - once and for all, along with AV and a couple of others. While I am wishing and hoping, I look for the Seymour, Branch, KLoppen and Wilson extensions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes