PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Giants, The Super Bowl, The FEAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was certainly well below his capabilities and we've come to expect more from him, I guess Im more reacting to a lot of the calls I heard on the radio today that were saying it was god awful, Brady sucks in the playoffs, Gints will kill us because Brady sucks against the Giants.
Your in Australia do you listen to Boston Sports radio?
You really are going to judge how he played by people who have nothing better to do that call in to a sports radio show with negative comments toward the team that just won the AFCCG instead of watching the game and forming an opinion? OK, lemmings have a place in the food chain too I guess.

Andy, not Brady is a bonehead, he made some boneheaded choices. At least for me there is a big difference. However, all kudos and deference to Tom Brady. Big fan of #12......

What choices were boneheaeded?

Well the 3rd guy was covering someone else until the ball was in the air.
The second guy, whether he was supposed to be covering Slater or not was nowhere near him. If you pretend Pollard isnt there slater would be about the most wide open reciever you have ever seen.

What does predictability have to do with it? He was open, he was inside Pollard. If Brady led Slater properly, Pollard couldn't have made a play on the ball.
If Slater kept running without looking at the ball, he would have been to the hash when it came down. Instead the ball was in the middle of the field. With a defender TRAILING him, he had to change direction, right back into the trailing defender.
Whether its predictable or not, its an open receiver and a TD with a good throw. Watch the play, its not really even questionable.

He made 3 poor throws that dramatically affected the scoreboard. Of course its not up his standards. That doesnlt mean its appropriate to call him a bonehead.

Brady didn't call the play. The 1st read was open. If he makes a good throw, the game is over.

The receiver was open, and its a TD with a good throw.
That, Gronk and the other pick are 3 bad throws that do equal a sub par day by Bradys standards. That doesn't mean a fan who calls him a bonehead isn't a moron.

Difference of opinons, that's all buddy.

I don't think that many are going to agree with you though, but I do admire your dedication to sticking up for everything regarding this team.

The reason predictibility comes into play is the same reason it comes into play when we have 'knows' or 'tells.' It can greatly affect the game.

It was certainly well below his capabilities and we've come to expect more from him, I guess Im more reacting to a lot of the calls I heard on the radio today that were saying it was god awful, Brady sucks in the playoffs, Gints will kill us because Brady sucks against the Giants.
Your in Australia do you listen to Boston Sports radio?
Hell no. I refuse to listen to talk back of any denomination. It's pitiful crap these days.

As for Brady I completely agree. He made a couple of bonehead decisions that were un-Brady-like. It happens. Some people haven't been able to comprehend that the decision and skill execution was the bonehead aspect of the commentary, not Tom Brady.

I would describe Brady's game on the weekend as serviceable. He was considerably below what he's capable of but still did enough to help the team win. I was incredibly pleased with his use of audibles switching to the running game. That was a large key in the Patriots victory.

For Brady, he's a victim of his own success. His ridiculous level of play for the past 2 seasons has given many people unrealistic expectations of what he has to bring every week for the Patriots to succeed.

Last edited:
I understand that you're rather simple and that it's already been explained to you by others so I'll leave it at that.
No it actually hasn't. I see you have again capped out your iintellectual level and are resorting to insults.

Yeah, that is true. The thing that's more important is if it's a grade 2 or 3. There's no way he's not playing in this game though, hopefully he will be just as effective as he usually is.

No chance of grade 1?

I read your link, but it didn't really go into detail.

I would describe Brady's game on the weekend as serviceable. He was considerably below what he's capable of but still did enough to help the team win. I was incredibly pleased with his use of audibles switching to the running game. That was a large key in the Patriots victory.

For Brady, he's a victim of his own success. His ridiculous level of play for the past 2 seasons has given many people unrealistic expectations of what he has to bring every week for the Patriots to succeed.

I agree with you very much.

I think his "poor" performances in the NYG SB loss, and the Jets loss last yr were actually way better than the BAL win this week, but that's just an opinion of course.

The best point of anything is that Brady had a sub-par game, yet we still won due to the TEAM mentality (and a little well overdue and well deserved luck). That was the difference between the NYJ and NYG losses and the BAL win. It was great to see the defense hold their own for the most part.

Difference of opinons, that's all buddy.

I don't think that many are going to agree with you though, but I do admire your dedication to sticking up for everything regarding this team.

The reason predictibility comes into play is the same reason it comes into play when we have 'knows' or 'tells.' It can greatly affect the game.

But the point is still that the receiver was open. He was running a post, had inside leverage on the SAFETY covering him man to man, and there was not a defender giving inside help within 15 yards.
You MUST make that throw if you are a QB. Brady simply ,made a poor one.
As I said watch the play.
People want to say it was a bad play because it was Slater, but Slater was open, by a lot.

The long drives on Sunday definitely give us all reason to be very optimistic.

I imagine they will be working a lot on some of the red zone problems, as that could've easily been the difference against BAL.

On the other hand, I think the Ravens game will be a good tune-up of sorts to try and iron out the problems.

It's not the offense that I am worried about though. That said, the defense has been playing much better lately, but they do need to bring their "A" game next Sunday night for us to win this.

Agree. Fortunately the RZ issues are very fixable. We had 3 RZ trips ending in FGs: 1) Gronk VERY open for the TD but is missed. Also, Brady throws to a very well covered WW on third down from the 11 when AH is open at the 4 (probably makes it to the endzone). 2) Gronk did have both feet in bounds (freeze frame definitely confirms) for a first down at the 4 or 5. 3) Patriots try sweeps on first and third down (sweeps against the Ravens?).

And this is against a defense that is better than the Giants (at least from a quantifiable perspective).

But the point is still that the receiver was open. He was running a post, had inside leverage on the SAFETY covering him man to man, and there was not a defender giving inside help within 15 yards.
People want to say it was a bad play because it was Slater, but Slater was open, by a lot.

I will rewatch the play again, but I still think it was a bad decision by all involved.

Your points on why it could've worked are certainly valid.

What choices were boneheaeded?

Wow really? We wont revoke your fan status for a negative comment about Brady. He said himself he "sucked". That deep ball to Matt Slater in double coverage was a bonehead play. You'll probably try to rationalize it, I don't know why.

Brady has terrible games from time to time. Weve all seen it over the years. Some days he just doesnt have his fastball. Last Sunday was sort of one of those games. You could tell when Brady was hanging his head down on the bench. Still, Brady beat Baltimore with his head and legs checking into runs and selling out for the game winning TD.

Glad thats out of his system for a while and I look for a rebound next game. I would not bet against Brady having another bad game and I suspect that he'll be amped up and animated on the sideline ready to make things right.

Brady is not losing 2 SBs in a row folks. Its not happening.

You really are going to judge how he played by people who have nothing better to do that call in to a sports radio show with negative comments toward the team that just won the AFCCG instead of watching the game and forming an opinion? OK, lemmings have a place in the food chain too I guess.

Not following you Andy, my opinion is back a few pages

Wow really? We wont revoke your fan status for a negative comment about Brady. He said himself he "sucked". That deep ball to Matt Slater in double coverage was a bonehead play. You'll probably try to rationalize it, I don't know why.

Watch it again, if he throws it 10 more yards left its a TD, it was a bad throw, the call wasnt bad.

Agree. Fortunately the RZ issues are very fixable. We had 3 RZ trips ending in FGs: 1) Gronk VERY open for the TD but is missed. Also, Brady throws to a very well covered WW on third down from the 11 when AH is open at the 4 (probably makes it to the endzone). 2) Gronk did have both feet in bounds (freeze frame definitely confirms) for a first down at the 4 or 5. 3) Patriots try sweeps on first and third down (sweeps against the Ravens?).

And this is against a defense that is better than the Giants (at least from a quantifiable perspective).

Yes, I don't think that the Ravens are the best team to come up with enough of a sample size from, obviously due to their #1 ranking in the RZ.

I believe that those issues are indeed, very correctable, and expect them to be much better next Sunday night. We certainly need TD's, not FG's...sometimes with all of this 'overanalysis' that can be done leading up to the game, it remains to be that simple.

Score TD's, not FG's..hold them to FG's, not TD's..

And don't turn the ball over.

Those 2 factors will go a long way into determining this game, and many others after it. Unfortunately, there's only one game remaining. The good thing is that we've got to follow the NFL with both eyes open through the whole entire process this yr. I would hate the thought of losing another SB again though, not to mention the fact that it would be against the same team.

I went and rewatched the play, and I kind of agree with you. I wouldn't say he was open by a lot, but if Brady makes a good throw I think it's a TD.

Watch it again, if he throws it 10 more yards left its a TD, it was a bad throw, the call wasnt bad.

I don't care if he was open, you don't risk it. Momentum was on our side after the INT. Milk the clock with the run and go down for more points to really ice the game. I don't see how that's a good call to make.

Ravens at Patriots Highlights: Brady is intercepted by Rookie CB Jimmy Smith in the 4th Quarter - YouTube If Brady would of thrown that ball more to his left it is a TD.It sould of negated double coverage and Slater would of had his defender beat going to the inside. Bad throw, the mediots have it wrong again. Not boneheaded, just a sucky throw.

Stop the video at 5 seconds. Smith looks in good position to me.

For the situation in the game, complete bonehead play.

Brady has terrible games from time to time. Weve all seen it over the years. Some days he just doesnt have his fastball. Last Sunday was sort of one of those games. You could tell when Brady was hanging his head down on the bench. Still, Brady beat Baltimore with his head and legs checking into runs and selling out for the game winning TD.

Glad thats out of his system for a while and I look for a rebound next game. I would not bet against Brady having another bad game and I suspect that he'll be amped up and animated on the sideline ready to make things right.

Brady is not losing 2 SBs in a row folks. Its not happening.

:agree:Well put, he doesn't give a rats a** about QBR's that's for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back