PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Gameplan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Just trying to keep my mind of all the spygate nonsense wondering what everyone things the gameplan will be for the pats .Last time we played the giants they came out throwing out of playaction to burress. i think they will try the same thing this time. Also watching that game again..toomer dropped a couple of passes which couldve resulted in 1st down. the fact that they have such a big back worries me about our red zone defense .
on offense , again watching the previous game , cant remember how many times we converted 3rd 9 ,3rd and 10. i am hoping we do a better job of getting in short yardage situations.
The giants specials teams with hixson could be a concern but the pats will be ready this time i would think.
Ahmad bradshaw is a factor since we didnt see him the last time around.our D never blitzes until the 3 Quarter so it will be interesting to see how we play this time around. Thoughts ?

Your concerns about their offense are valid but it's moot to who wins the game IMO. There are only two concerns to me - protecting Brady and good red zone offense for us. If they both happen, the Giants can't score enough points; they just can't. And don't worry about the KO return, that was on a kickoff from the 15 yard line.

A lot of people expect us to try to pressure Ellie, I expect us to mostly (of course we won't do ONE thing) rush 3 or 4 and cover against him. He's had fun against man coverage the past couple of games, I expect us to largely cover and make him have to decide where to put the ball as opposed to throwing it up to the single covered Burress.

last game Eli through about a 50 yard pass to Plax. I don't see the pats letting Eli off the hook. i see them making his team go on 7-10 play drives and earn their points.

i also think the pats will blitz more first half and pretty often in key moments.

first and 2nd down will be big in stopping the run and creating 3rd and long, then sending rodney as a rusher

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes