PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THE Game to watch on the bye week - Dolphins at Jets - Who you rooting for?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who are you rooting for - Dolphins at the Jets?

• Dolphins

Votes: 82 88.2%
  • Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who gives a damn?

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's most important is that it go into overtime, be incredibly physical and exhausting, and be played in an ice storm with temperatures below zero.

I won't wish injuries on anyone but a rash of severe bruising, cramping, and pneumonia sounds good.

Fantasy football is the ruination of most fanbases...on so many levels.

I guess if people are dumb enough to allow it to be yes but it's just a FUN thing I do with my friends. It's innocent competition but it doesn't make me any less of a Pats fan because of it.

I hope the Dolphins win a really tough hard game with lots of injuries.

I guess if people are dumb enough to allow it to be yes but it's just a FUN thing I do with my friends. It's innocent competition but it doesn't make me any less of a Pats fan because of it.
Yeah, I agree. I cheer for the Pats regardless of how it affects my fantasy team. Set my lineup and then go watch the game. I won't check my score at all until after the Pats game and post-game shows are over.

Unfortunately there are a lot of casual fans out there that are cheering for teams, or more specifically players, strictly because of fantasy football, and seem to have forgotten who their favorite team is that they root for. I'm sure a lot of people have a story about some clown jumping up and down because a player on his FF team just scored, while everyone around him is bumming because the Pats (or local team) just lost on the same play.

Let me just say this: Drew Brees is the QB on my fantasy team, but I still wanted the Phins to beat them, because I believe the AFCE is one of the best divisions in football.

I want the Fish to beat the Jets because I hate the Jets more now than I did last year (not sure if that's even healthy). Patriots have to make their own destiny anyway, might as well root for the utter ruin of the New Jersey Jest*

I hope the Dolphins win a really tough hard game with lots of injuries.

I hope you leave a bar and get into a really hard fought fist fight that you barely win with lots of injuries. Stay classy, dude.

I hope you leave a bar and get into a really hard fought fist fight that you barely win with lots of injuries. Stay classy, dude.

Agreed. That said, if Ricky and Ronnie develop a real nasty hangnail or two for a couple weeks from running through the Jets, I'd be cool with it.

The Jets are closer now at 4-3 and the loss will make them 1-3 in the division...If Miami wins, they will be 3-4...more on the way to respectability..BUT 3-0 in the division... I tend to think I really want the Fins to win...but I think eitehr way they will have momentum into the Pats game. If they win they can get to 500 with a win over the Pats and be 4-0 in the division...they need that if they are going to make a run at it...If they lose, they will be 2-5 and more desperatley need a win.
I think having the Jets lose will help...but beware the Fins. I agreea long physical overtime game would be good..but it doesn't matter. CoachB will be all prepared for the Fins trickery..

I wasn't wishing serious injury on anybody, just little niggles that would see them miss a game or two.

The division is what matters.

We want Miami to lose to the Jets and then to us. That way they are 2-2 in the division, along with Jets, and we'll lead it 3-1.

Some people on here have high hopes that the Patriots go 13-3 or 12-4, but there is absolutely no telling how many more brainfarts of a game we will have. We need to keep the big picture in mind; Brady is going to have a few more bad or meidocre games before he becomes the Brady we know.

Last edited:
I'm rooting for injuries.

dolphins. no brainer. it would be the Jests third loss in the division and pretty much put them out of the picture, unless we tank and they run the table, neither of which is going to happen. but, i don't think the jets are going away that easily and have them to win the game.

I want the Dolphins to demolish the Jets, and then I want the Patriots to demolish the Dolphins Twice!

Last edited:
Never the Jets. I hate their guts.

I just bought a file cabinet from a Jets Fan. I feel dirty right now. :(

I just bought a file cabinet from a Jets Fan. I feel dirty right now. :(

You better make sure he didn't leave any incriminating evidence on paper within those filing cabinets that could get you convicted of murder or extortion or something else. Never put dirty acts past a Jets fan. ;)

You better make sure he didn't leave any incriminating evidence on paper within those filing cabinets that could get you convicted of murder or extortion or something else. Never put dirty acts past a Jets fan. ;)

.........and check for dead rats too! ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree. I cheer for the Pats regardless of how it affects my fantasy team. Set my lineup and then go watch the game. I won't check my score at all until after the Pats game and post-game shows are over.

Unfortunately there are a lot of casual fans out there that are cheering for teams, or more specifically players, strictly because of fantasy football, and seem to have forgotten who their favorite team is that they root for. I'm sure a lot of people have a story about some clown jumping up and down because a player on his FF team just scored, while everyone around him is bumming because the Pats (or local team) just lost on the same play.

haha I understand. Well let me say this I cheer for the Pats even if they are playing other players I have drafted however if the Pats aren't playing that team then it's fair game. I don't care my points are just...points. If I lose I lose but I would never cheer for another team if they were playing the Pats period. That's being a bad fan and I am not that :). I also don't vocally cheer for other teams LOL. It seems shady to me. I just secretly watch my FF scores. I have seen STUPID FF fans and they make me mad. I was raised to be a proper fan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back