Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Fudge Report

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 3, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,790 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +709 / 20 / -30

Interesting, I visit Drudge regularly to see how he is distorting the news, also of note are Wayne Masden (which 1/2 the time I do not understand) and the Raw Story.

As far as Talledega Nites goes, cannot wait to see it. What is his name, Billy Bobby Ricky??

3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,790 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

Not sure but Billy Bob is one of those "Bubba" names :rofl:
    Says he went 144mph making the movie.

Drudge sometimes changes the article title ... but the links are to real sites...NYT, WP, Reuters. In fact he links to as many left leaning sites as right....not sure why people don't like him so much except some of the links are sensationalized?

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Um, you do realize that 99% of stuff on the DrudgeReport is nothing but links to news articles from other sources and websites, right..?

5. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +512 / 49 / -7

#75 Jersey

How does he distort? The page is almost exclusively links to other news agencies.

He did break the Monica Lewinsky story, and I believe he was right about that.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +709 / 20 / -30

I am very aware of what it reports, it is how it is reported is the issue. I visit the site regularly to see how they view the world, it helps provide balance, that is about it though. Right now they are obviously pro Israel and anti lebanon.

7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,790 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

They all do that...space limitations. The best farce was Google news...they got all this praise and the other media outlets got angry. Because Google news has no reporters.

Come to find out Google news was no more balanced than any other...they had their notorious filter software giving known right wing media, the hardcore sites like MichNews a low ranking so the did not show up.

I usually don't complain...like I said they all do it. The ones I complain about are the ones where their reporters will go out of their way to slant stories.

The absolute best one right now is the NYT which has a huge dilema on their hands. A know liberal paper...they don't hide it. But also owned by a very, very rich liberal who is Jewish and who goes out of his way to help Israel. Too much to write here but a Google of their names will show it all. (Arthur Ochs Sulzberger Jr).

Don't get me wrong...he has every right as a publisher, owner, and American to make his paper as he wishes...it's just a very interesting story when researching media bias because he clearly is walking a tightrope right now...there's much to learn there.

A notorious Bush bashing media outlet that also helped get Bush elected...holding back damaging Bush news until after Bush defeated Kerry for instance. But, they back Bush because of his very Pro-Israel stance. After he was elected...knowing Bush would support Israel regardless of media reports....they went back to bashing him :rofl: ...like I said...a great study of media bias, I am sure many college professors teaching media cover this one.

8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

and by the time people find out they lied, they've moved way past it and are busy posting new lies...

Bush has had to admit they have been intensely working propaganda overseas and hired a firm to control the news...

...Drudge seems eager to bring that into the mainstream here.

(A good Bush rump swab he is.)

9. Mainefan

Mainefan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I check on the Drudge Report every day and I pretty much agree with Qui Gon. It's mostly links to stories on other web sides. There's very little original material on the site. Drudge's main way of expressing his opinion is through the headlines and which story he selects to refer to.

If you read Drudge knowing where he's coming from, he's both pretty harmless and informative. By the way, I also read Huffington Post, which looks at the same stories from the other side. Whatever they agree on, I tend to accept as fact. At any rate, when you see something covered from both points of view, it's pretty easy to see past either one's spin.