PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Fraud that is Joe Flacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyto3690

Banned
Reaction score
They're putting all their eggs on Flacco being an elite QB. 20 million per year annual value. You know how he played last year?

Sub 60% accuracy
3817 yards
22 TDs
11 INT
7.19 YPA

Sanchez 2011 season:
3,474 yards
26 TD
18 INT
6.40 YPA

Flacco last year was complete garbage. He'd routinely close his eyes and just launch it deep as Boldin jumped over his man or Torrey would have his man beat by 10 yards already.

The guy is a fraud. Even in the SB he threw at least 5 passes that should be qualified in the "terrible" category. They ended up being 30+ yard gains, but just as easily could (and should) have been intercepted.

The Ravens are done because they've pinned all their hopes on him playing like a QB that he is not capable of playing as.

Yes he gets paid too much. And he is not the best QB as he gets paid to be. But he is far as bad as you make him out to be. But I have no idea why you throw Sanchez stats in there. Because they are far from Flaccos stats. Flacco had 2,2 in td/int ratio. Sanchez 1.44. There is a big difference there. Also 350 yards more on 10 passes less than sanchez. Also a QB rating(not espns) of 87 for Flacco vs 78 for Sanchez. If you compare the stats you can see that Flacco is a much better QB than Sanchez. Your arguments are just terrible. He throws it high against Boldin because Boldin is great at catching those.

I think that Flacco gets paid too much. He will cripple the Ravens with his contract. But he is not terrible as you make it sound. He gets paid like the best in the league, and he is not.

I like Flacco.....he's not a very good QB, but it all works for me since the ravens are going to suck in the future and all that $ going to the QB......

Can't we all just accept the fact that Flacco is good and the Ravens won the SB, and Flacco was a BIG part of that. He pulled an Eli Manning, went from average to very good in the playoffs. 8 td's 0 Ints, enough said, beat us in the AFCCG too. I hate the Ravens, mostly because of Ray Lewis, but they must be acknowledged as the best NFL team in 2012.

How about these numbers ?

Completions 63.7%
2,843 pass yds. ( 6.9 avg.)
Pass yds / gm. 189.5
TD 18
Int 12
QB rating 86.5.

Pretty crappy huh ? Those numbers are for Tom Brady, 2001.

Stats are essentially meaningless.
Flacco's biggest advantage and his downfall will be that defense.

Completions 63.7%
Pass yds / gm. 189.5
TD 18
Int 12
QB rating 86.5.

Brady's first (and incomplete) season as a starter in a league where DBs were allowed to maul receivers, which is a position that wasn't exactly a strength of that 2001 roster.

Flacco was a 4th year starter with 2 legitimate receivers and 2 above average tight ends with one of the best RBs in the NFL who excels catching passes out of the backfield, in a league where DBs aren't allowed to cover.

Stats do mean something, but you certainly can't compare different era's in entirely different situations like you just tried to do.

I like Flacco.....he's not a very good QB, but it all works for me since the ravens are going to suck in the future and all that $ going to the QB......

This.

Let the Ravens screw themselves

Completions 63.7%
Pass yds / gm. 189.5
TD 18
Int 12
QB rating 86.5.

That's one of the worst posts this board has seen in quite a while. That was Brady's first season starting, and his 85.5 QB rating was 11% better than the average QB rating on that season. Joe Flacco, on his 5th season as a starter, posts an 87.7 passer rating, a mere 4% better than the league average and you're trying to compare both seasons? Brady's 2001 season was very good, and tremendously impressive for a first year starter. This is just ridiculous.

That's one of the worst posts this board has seen in quite a while. That was Brady's first season starting, and his 85.5 QB rating was 11% better than the average QB rating on that season. Joe Flacco, on his 5th season as a starter, posts an 87.7 passer rating, a mere 4% better than the league average and you're trying to compare both seasons? Brady's 2001 season was very good, and tremendously impressive for a first year starter. This is just ridiculous.

Just saying that you can cherry pick stats for any player, any season, to make them look bad or great.

For example, Brady has lost TWO Super Bowls ! Flacco hasn't lost ANY.

STATS are just ridiculous, you can use them to support any argument.

He won the Superbowl and kicked our butts in the AFC Championship Game. He is not a fraud. A flash-in-the-pan, maybe, but that remains to be seen.

Isn't this a good thing in terms of the Pats?

He won the Superbowl and kicked our butts in the AFC Championship Game. He is not a fraud. A flash-in-the-pan, maybe, but that remains to be seen.

Totally agree. I refuse to believe that a QB that beat the Pats TWICE this year is a fraud.

Sure he's overpaid, but that's the Ravens fault, not his.

I still think that he'll look a lot more average with an average defense.

He's beaten the Pats enough times. I'm not going to crap on his parade.

the only important thing is the ravens are losing starters left and right at the moment to pay for him.. what's the current count? 6, 7, 8? starters off a superbowl team.

Joe Flacco did not beat the Patriots.

The refs and Torrey beat the Patriots the first game.
The defense and Boldin beat the Patriots the second game.

Mark Sanchez could have won either of those games. All the Ravens ask him to do is hand the ball off and occasionally close his eyes and throw it as far as he can.

They're putting all their eggs on Flacco being an elite QB. 20 million per year annual value. You know how he played last year?

Sub 60% accuracy
3817 yards
22 TDs
11 INT
7.19 YPA

Sanchez 2011 season:
3,474 yards
26 TD
18 INT
6.40 YPA

Flacco last year was complete garbage. He'd routinely close his eyes and just launch it deep as Boldin jumped over his man or Torrey would have his man beat by 10 yards already.

The guy is a fraud. Even in the SB he threw at least 5 passes that should be qualified in the "terrible" category. They ended up being 30+ yard gains, but just as easily could (and should) have been intercepted.

The Ravens are done because they've pinned all their hopes on him playing like a QB that he is not capable of playing as.

How about these numbers?

11 TDs, 0 INT, 1140 yards, 117.2 rating in the 2012 playoffs. He's not a fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down