PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Football Gods...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Football Gods.....

dont know about the football gods andall but that was a good read about re enforcing BB's +ve thinking instead of worrying about failure like other coaches like cowher and all who kick FG instead of winning the game,

are these the same as the Golf Gods who are supposed to let me drive the occasional short par 4 within three feet to make up for all my lost balls? Yeah? Well tell them I'm still waiting!!!

Last edited:

Interesting take on the situation.

Fantastic article! That's just what I wanted to read, thanks for posting. I don't care about the mysticism connection, but it brings to mind Tedy Roosevelt's epic quote:

Roosevelt said:
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

If you can't stand the heat, get the heck out of the kitchen. Kudos to BB for making the call, and kudos to this article's author for pointing it out so well.

Go PATS!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back