Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Foley Scandal and It's Effects On The Gay Family Community

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Oct 6, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

#51 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Today, 01:25 AM

I see a few things happening here that will be unfortunate.
    Once again a minority community will be pawned for political gain.
    Here's the unfortunate side on a personal level IMO:

1 - There will plenty of gay bashing ... which is wrong.

2 - Gays in the White House/D.C. will be outed ...which is unfortunate
    if they are law abiding citizens. their sex lives are their business
    and it should be their choice to come out or stay in the closet.
    It's really none of our business.

3 - The witchunt is on ... good people will fall due to erroneous media reports. The overzealous will forget what real family values are. Family values are no longer man/women and kids. it is gay men or gay women who now have the courage to raise kids, represent their community and the result has been less kids without real families.

4 - More taxpayer money will be wasted.

Personally...I have no problem with a real investigation into crime...nobody should. But, supposedly there is a list of Republican gay men who will be outed...which will lead to democrat men being outed...the gay women will fall also.

Supposedly, there are some who are mad that gay men are promoting family values as a G.O.P. platform. This is where I have a problem. Are we going to go backwards to where family values was Ward & June Cleaver?

There are many gay men and women singles and couples who are raising children...their own and adopted in good well balanced family situations. Our definition of family has made great strides to encompass all forms of unions between men and between women and heterosexual marriages.

So...to say these gay politicians are bad people because they are gay and vote and/or promote family values is wrong. The mathematical probability chart would lead to gay=bad which is HORRENDOUS.

Humans don't need religion to be good and they certainly do not need to be heterosexual to be good. This scandal...which was well planned is going to blow up on many fine people who lead decent lives, gay and/or heterosexual...a step backwards for our greater society.

I have been warning this election could lead to this. Liberals cutting off their noses to spite their faces...it will harm them when all is said and done as they bring shame to their party for exposing good people on the right and left.

Foley could have been bagged by merely bringing the information to the proper authorities...it wasn't done that way and those that conceived this will see they only hurt themselves and gay choice citizens. My heart and prayers goes out to these good people who will prove they've done nothing wrong other than to be born attracted emotionally to the same sex.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

I have said from day one that the so called friends of the Homosexuals have turned on them.
    The democrats are now "Homophobes".
  3. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

figures. Gay Republican is a pedophile. Whats at fault? Religion and Family Values. Brilliant.

Religion and family values are to blame for drive-bys and illegal immigration too.
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

No, those are the Democrats little "feel good" pets, the democrats "use them"
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

You either can't read or you are just plain ignorant...

so care to explain where in this thread any of that was said or insinuated???

In case you haven't noticed I am not a liberal...so now explain away your error in assumption. For a supposed religious person you have just bagged yourself as not being fair minded and/or open minded to your fellow citizens. pretty deep hole 34 ... get your ladder.
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

Well the ironic part is that Gay republican men are going to be outed by Dem gay men for political purposes. The message to most Americans in flyover country is that it is not safe to have gay men around their teenage sons.
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

The way I heard it was, the Republican party is imploding and is so paranoid that they will be outing their own staffers. Sounds pretty dramatic, then again, the Republican leaders are already pointing fingers at each other.
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

No it the folks at CREW M Rogers and other dem operatives.
  9. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

"Humans don't need religion to be good and they certainly do not need to be heterosexual to be good"
    maybe that little dig at Religion? Foley does what he does and its all Religions fault? How about it being Foley's fault. Not for being Gay, but for being a scumbag who goes for boys. Dont use this as another excuse to blame it all on people of Faith.
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Here's another f-cked up demented piece of sh!t that our screwed up society is letting run around loose, this guy someday will kill a little child and then all the batty defense lawyers and freedom of sex bastards will be blaming his dead uncle or George Bush.

San Francisco police say they stopped a limo carrying John Karr after the one-time JonBenet Ramsey suspect was spotted wandering near a school and peering in a window!
    http://www.drudgereport.com/flash2.htm

CASTRATE ALL KNOWN PEDOPHILES (F-CK THEIR FREEDOMS)
  11. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Originally Posted by F.B.N.
    You either can't read or you are just plain ignorant...

so care to explain where in this thread any of that was said or insinuated???

In case you haven't noticed I am not a liberal...so now explain away your error in assumption. For a supposed religious person you have just bagged yourself as not being fair minded and/or open minded to your fellow citizens. pretty deep hole 34 ... get your ladder

Paranoia will destroy ya!

FBN said nothing of the kind, it is your paranoia / hatred / intolerance talking and putting words in his (and everyone else's) mouth.
  12. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

okay, if you say so.
  13. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

i read that also..in more than 1 place ... real pathetic and probably orchestrated by the button pushers($$$) of the party. Real sad if they thought this is their problem. The G.O.P.'s biggest problem right now is truth and honesty...all the rest follows.
  14. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I have been in the company of more than a few Athiests in my day. i don't understand that but it is not for me to decide. These people all are very moral and fine members of society. 2 of the couples are married and are good people raising good kids. 1 couple is gay, unmarried, and I might add these 2 have more morals, do more to help the poor and other good deeds than any religious people I have ever met outside of priests, nuns and brothers(padres)....other than fill a spiritual need, these 2 men do not need religion to be good people at all.

Believeing in God/Jesus and preaching/converting is not a license to steal, cheat on one's wife, Kill (indirectly or directly), or a license to committ any acts mentioned in the Ten Commandments.

My basis for evaluating one's true religious nature is how much compassion they show for their fellow man. Jesus was very strict on compassion being necessary to being a decent human being. Religious people who are judgemental of others and show lack of compassion for others are hypocrites...plain and simple.