PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The first five cuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Anyone ready to lay it out? I'm especially interested to hear from the analysts, but everyone give it a go.

I expect they'll be boring cuts where we all go... "meh", but anyone wanna take a shot?

Re: The first five cuts.

I got to say I don't know who they will be because I don't know what their names are.

I got to say I don't know who they will be because I don't know what their names are.

Haha, yeah, true. I think they'll be names we may know, though, since the Pat's want to help out guys who aren't fitting in and there's still a LITTLE time for them to find work. Hobson?

Did Hobson even play last night? Can anyone confirm that?

I saw Hobson a couple of times in the 4th. Not doing anything, just walking to the huddle after the plays.

The first 5 cuts should be Brady, Bruschi, Seymour, Vrable, and Harrison. We need to get rid of these fat, dumb, and happy players!

/sarcasm, of course

In my other thread I have DeVree, Martin, Sene, Shoate, Wendell

Those are my top 5 guys who no one realized they were even on the team.

Haha, yeah, true. I think they'll be names we may know, though, since the Pat's want to help out guys who aren't fitting in and there's still a LITTLE time for them to find work. Hobson?

This might be the time the Pats would cut veterans with no chance

of making the team. Hobson? Webster?

They might also IR a player or two.

Re: The first five cuts

They'll probably PUP one of Neal or Ross, and maybe IR somebody, but if I had to pick 5 straight-out cuts, it would be more of the type of fill-in veteran player that is ineligible for the practice squad - or a UDFA that the team probably doesn't want to keep on the practice squad. My top 5 choices are:

Victor Hobson
Jeff Shoate
Kenny Smith
Jimmy Martin
Tyson DeVree

Other candidates are Ryan Wendell, Stephen Sene, C.J. Jones, Jonathan Stupar, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Titus Adams, Mark Dillard, and maybe even Mike Richardson.

Last edited:
What...No Matt Cassel? He would be the NO. 1 cut on my list. I guess that his rope is long. He can finish hanging himself with it in the next game. :mad:

Re: The first five cuts

They'll probably PUP one of Neal or Ross, and maybe IR somebody, but if I had to pick 5 straight-out cuts, it would be more of the type of fill-in veteran player that is ineligible for the practice squad - or a UDFA that the team probably doesn't want to keep on the practice squad. My top 5 choices are:

Victor Hobson
Jeff Shoate
Kenny Smith
Jimmy Martin
Tyson DeVree

Other candidates are Ryan Wendell, Stephen Sene, C.J. Jones, Jonathan Stupar, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Titus Adams, Mark Dillard, and maybe even Mike Richardson.
I think Ross and Neal will be PUPed..no need at all for them to be around taking the place of players if they will not be ready...the other 3?? Could be O linemen...but for every lineman cut..they need to be replaced bi one of the walking wounded..(Yates, Hochstein, O'Callaghan, Light) (That is so they will have 10 for the Giant game.) So two could be linemen..Shoate, KSmith are possibilities..and a tight end Stupar or DeVree..could be the former if they wish to see more of the new guy.)
I also think Martin might be a good PSqd player as he may be very versatile.

Last edited:
my body is cut.:D

anyways, i would cut cassell, cj jones, ventrone, chad jackson, and sammy morris

That seems like a common question today. Maybe Reiss or Chris know?

He did play, but he didn't get any sort of time. We were talking about him in the press box after the game--it doesn't appear to be happening for him here. As a result, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he was cut Tuesday. If he's cut now, he could get picked up by another team and get one preseason game under his belt with them before the start of the regular season.

He did play, but he didn't get any sort of time. We were talking about him in the press box after the game--it doesn't appear to be happening for him here. As a result, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he was cut Tuesday. If he's cut now, he could get picked up by another team and get one preseason game under his belt with them before the start of the regular season.
Would they do that as a courtesy? It's really too bad as many thought he had a lot of potential for the team..Maybe a call to Dr Seau??

What...No Matt Cassel? He would be the NO. 1 cut on my list. I guess that his rope is long. He can finish hanging himself with it in the next game. :mad:

You could be right. Give Gutz and O'Connel more playing time the last game. Give Cassel some extra time to find another team to suck on.

I doubt they cut an olinemen

1 - Cassell

2- Connoly

3 - Cassell

4 - Connoly

5 - Cassell

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes