Winn, George
Sims, Quentin
Kline, Josh
McDonald, Chris
Bequette, Jake
Tarpinian, Jeff
Davis, Kanorris
Man, Mystery :p

FWIW, Bruschi made a right interesting comment regarding Tim Tebow.

Tedy Bruschi's take on Tim Tebow's chances with New England Patriots - ESPN Boston

"I could envision a scenario where he is initially cut and not on the 53-man roster, but he comes back at another point down the line. Maybe multiple times, sort of like they did one year with Ross Ventrone. He was on the roster. He was off the roster. He was on the roster. He was off the roster. It sort of depended on the overall health of the team that week if the Patriots could keep Ventrone or had to go in another direction. Receiver Deion Branch has been in that situation, to a lesser degree. I could see Tebow being that guy this season as people in the organization would like to see him around and see if he can continue to be developed."

Here's my guess:

Winn*
McDonald
J. Davis
Tarpinian
K. Davis
Green
Allen*
Sims*
Tebow
Develin
A. Wilson
Morris (already cut)

* = guys I want to see on the PS

I think there will be more than 12 cuts made.

I expect the following cuts:
Ryan Allen - P
Kanorris Davis - S
Ja'Gared Davis - LB
Jeff Tarpinian - LB
Justin Green - CB
Brandon Bolden - RB
Leon Washington - RB
James Develin - FB
Josh Kline - OL
Joe Vellano - DL
Chris McDonald - OL

I expect these moves to be made:
Jermaine Cunningham - IR
Nate Ebner - IR
Stephon Morris - Waived/IR

That's 14 moves. I then expect the Pats to add A DL and an OL to the Roster.

Stephon Morris was already cut

I think there will be more than 12 cuts made.

I expect the following cuts:
Ryan Allen - P
Kanorris Davis - S
Ja'Gared Davis - LB
Jeff Tarpinian - LB
Justin Green - CB
Brandon Bolden - RB
Leon Washington - RB
James Develin - FB
Josh Kline - OL
Joe Vellano - DL
Chris McDonald - OL

I expect these moves to be made:
Jermaine Cunningham - IR
Nate Ebner - IR
Stephon Morris - Waived/IR

That's 14 moves. I then expect the Pats to add A DL and an OL to the Roster.

I can see any and indeed most of those guys going.

But we probably won't cut RB back to 3 and yet keep Sims and Tebow.

Washington could be a vet who hasn't earned a guaranteed slot, and Bolden might not be ready to go -- but if both those cuts happen, Develin will probably stay for at least the first game, especially as TE will also be very light that week.

Forget trading Winn. I like him. Trade Bolden maybe? Makes room for winn on the 53. Would hate to see him cut with tebow still around.

Forget trading Winn. I like him. Trade Bolden maybe? Makes room for winn on the 53. Would hate to see him cut with tebow still around.

You couldn't get anything for either

Last yr we kept 4 TEs. This yr we are down to 3. Maybe we can carry an extra WR.

In any event, in my book Sims can help the Pats more than a certain 3rd QB. So there.....

Think they'll keep sims and maybe vellano too. Tebow gets cut IMO.

If we carry only 3 TE's (including Gronk), we need a backup TE. If that player is Cannon,then we need another backup OL.

Last yr we kept 4 TEs. This yr we are down to 3. Maybe we can carry an extra WR.

In any event, in my book Sims can help the Pats more than a certain 3rd QB. So there.....

You are correct. Davis has played well, perhaps enough to have a long shot at a special team spot. Many rosters of a week ago had 11 or even 12 defensive backs.

However, with regard to safety, I disagree. Gregory is the starter opposite McCourty. In any case, it is A Wilson who has been putting time in on the special teams. I think that we will have all 5 safeties active.

I could see the Patriots going with McCourty and Gregory as their starters, but they're both free safeties. I would think that the preference would be for a SS-type of player (A Wilson, T Wilson) alongside a FS-type of player (McCourty, Grgeory), especially on first and second downs. The question marks about the two Wilsons was what led to my thinking Davis had a shot at being a surprise to make the roster, though that turned out to not be the case.

On the flip side if I am an opponent and see A Wilson and Spikes on the field at the same time, I'm going to audible to a passing play every time.

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back