PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The fight for the #1 Seed in the AFC....what will it take for us to win it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
With Oakland losing last night, the Patriots are now the #1 seed in the AFC (thank you Chiefs)

But HFA is still in contention right now. Here's what it will take to keep it

Remaining games for NE, OAK, KC

NE: BAL, @ DEN, NYJ, @ MIA
OAK: @ SD, IND, @ DEN
KC: TEN, DEN, @ SD

Last edited:
I'll let you know after the Baltimore. I think Baltimore and Denver are the keys. If they win both those games I believe even if they dropped the last 2 they would have a pretty good shot at #1 based on the round robin KC, Den and Oakland are going to play.

Here's where Pats bias comes into play.........

We look at KC and OAK schedules and say......

"Oh good, they both play Denver there is another loss for each team"

"Oh wait, we play Denver too? Oh, but we'll beat them."

Thanks for keeping us in check. For that, we banish you to game day threads :).

Thanks for keeping us in check. For that, we banish you to game day threads :).

It wasn't an intention to 'keep people in check' just simply predicting how our minds probably think when we look at the schedules (myself included). It's incredibly hard to keep bias out of it especially when fans are as passionate as we are.

It wasn't an intention to 'keep people in check' just simply predicting how our minds probably think when we look at the schedules (myself included). It's incredibly hard to keep bias out of it especially when fans are as passionate as we are.
Thanks for clarifying and apologies for the misunderstanding.

You're still banished to game day threads :p.

Pats are in good shape right now... ideally we win out and are able to rest players against Miami
I hope Oakland wins out so we have to win in Miami and don't waste a chance to play a game and improve.

It's actually usually the other way. There are threads all over saying we have to win our because Oakland will (that lasted 4 days) or that we can't do better than 3-1 or 2-2 etc.

I hope Oakland wins out so we have to win in Miami and don't waste a chance to play a game and improve.

There's a chance Denver and Miami could be battling for the final wild-card spot. If we have wrapped up the #1 seed by week 17, it will be very interesting to see how hard Belichick tries to win against the Dolphins.

There's a chance Denver and Miami could be battling for the final wild-card spot. If we have wrapped up the #1 seed by week 17, it will be very interesting to see how hard Belichick tries to win against the Dolphins.
It would be silly to lose on purpose to a team you might face in 2weeks.

I'll let you know after the Baltimore. I think Baltimore and Denver are the keys. If they win both those games I believe even if they dropped the last 2 they would have a pretty good shot at #1 based on the round robin KC, Den and Oakland are going to play.
losing ANY two games would be risky.

You might be right, we'll see. I guarantee this though -- if we are in the position to lose intentionally to Miami to knock Denver out of the playoffs, there will be a very lively discussion on PatsFans (and everywhere else) about the merits of doing so.

Losing on purpose versus holding back a bit...not the same thing. Basically, try to win, but try to go into postseason healthy too.

E.g., I won't mind if he sits Welker (not literally, but you get what I'm saying), doesn't open up the playbook, etc.. Don't let Brady get demolished by Suh. Maybe put in Garrrapalo for second half...

Unless OAK loses one of the next 2 (@ SD and vs IND) then the PATS will have to win out to control their destiny. Otherwise they will have to rely on either an OAK loss @ DEN or KC winning out to force the 3-way tie that the PATS own.

And OAK and KC play after us in week 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes