Welcome to PatsFans.com

The FAA got 52 warnings re Al Quaeda in from April 2001 to Sept. 10

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 19, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

From the 9/11 report, reported by the Washington Post, remember folks the WAPO is only reporting what is found in the 9/11 report not doing investigative reporting. It seems that a lot of folk were asleep at the wheel in the summer preceding 9/11, I know Clinton did not respond to the Cole incident correctly, but during this time there seems to be no excuse 52 warnings is a pretty big number...the conspiracy theorists are going to have a field day with this one, it is from '05, but still pretty relevant in light of other stuff going on right now, i.e. Judith Miller being told something was going to happen.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13203-2005Feb10.html

Report Says FAA Got 52 Warnings Before 9/11
    Associated Press
    Friday, February 11, 2005; Page A02

The Federal Aviation Administration received repeated warnings in the months before Sept. 11, 2001, that al Qaeda hoped to attack airlines, according to a previously undisclosed report by the commission that investigated the terrorist attacks.

The report detailed 52 such warnings to FAA leaders between April 1 and Sept. 10, 2001, about the terrorist organization and its leader, Osama bin Laden.

The commission report, written last August, said five security warnings mentioned al Qaeda's training for hijackings and two reports concerned suicide operations not connected to aviation. None of the warnings specified what would happen on Sept. 11.

FAA spokeswoman Laura Brown said the agency received intelligence from other agencies, which it passed on to airlines and airports. But "we had no specific information about means or methods that would have enabled us to tailor any countermeasures," she said.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +670 / 2 / -9

Political Correctness had plenty to do with 9/11, all through the nineties if Law Enforcement had been allowed to do the "common sense" thing, and go after "Arabs, Middle Eastern Looking People" strip search them in airports and wiretap them and their Mosques it is possible that 9/11 may never have been allowed to happen, yes all through the nineties during the Clinton years.
    We should have PROFILED Arabs and all dark skinned middle eastern looking people BECAUSE THAT IS OUR ENEMY.

Please, no Timothy McVeigh bullsh!t.

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  3. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Yeah lets bash Bush, Yeah! And you make comments about the Right having circle jerks on here! Should we go over the entire 7years it took Al Quada to plan and execute 9-11 to see how many clues were over looked, or should we just narrow that down to 7 1/2 months?

Wait don't answer that, I know your opinion!

4. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +289 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

I guess the first time Osama bombed the WTC in 1996 was what practice? Please don't leave ALGORE out of the blame for 9/11, holding the country hostage for two months waiting to see if he could make-up enough votes to steal the Presidency. if you don't think the extreme lack of time and coordination between the outgoing Clinton administration and the income Bush administration had alot to do with the execution of and timeing of 9/11.

5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

I don't get the point. What was the government supposed to do ? Shut down the airlines forever ? "Something's going to happen with airplanes". Ohhh, that's easy to stop :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005
  6. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

So when Bush did enter office, did he concern himself with Bin Laden? No, despite warnings. He was more interested in dividing Iraq oil fields, fact.

7. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That is now clear to anyone with a brain. They were more interested in getting rich off the Iraq boondoggle than actually fighting terrorism. This has not changed since then.

And while they are at it, they have a clear desire to model the US after the USSR- closed govt, secret illegal spying on citizens, sealed borders.

Like I said on 9-11, the first victim is the US constitution. Of course, chuckleheads don't read much into things and never question authority, so they are set into blaming anyone but those currently in charge.

This is how Nazi Germany came to power. Willful ignorance and hyper-racism. Well done Bushies.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2005
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +670 / 2 / -9

Liberal Sore Losing Democrats Completely Ignore The Truth:

The Blind Muslim after the first Attack on the World Trade Center publicly told America and The Clinton Gang, he said it to the news camera's for all Americans to hear and see, he said, "WE WILL BE BACK TO FINISH THE JOB".

George Bush had EIGHT months to try and prevent another attack, Bill Clinton had SEVEN YEARS. The whole damn attack the morning of 9/11 that killed 3000 people was planned all through the Nineties on Clintons watch, much of the planning was done right here in our own country, the Arab dogs lived among us all through Clintons watch and they planned, they used our "LIBERAL NON DISCRIMINATORY, NON OFFENSIVE BULLSH!T POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" to help them in their attack, IF THE CLINTON GANG HAD SUSPECTED WHAT THEY WERE PLANNING THEY WOULD HAVE DONE NOTHING BECAUSE THEY WOULDN'T HAVE WANTED TO OFFEND THEM OR VIOLATE THEIR CIVIL LIBERTIES. PROFILING SHOULD HAVE BEEN MANDATORY AFTER THE THINGS THESE MUSLIMS DID TO US ALL THROUGH THE NINETIES, THEY WERE AND ARE OUR ENEMY.

Is it any wonder that the pigs in the middle east were laughing at us and dancing in the streets when the Towers Went Down, they used our own country to attack us.

Bush Had Eight Months----Clinton Had Seven Years

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

The FAA got 52 warnings re Al Quaeda in from April 2001 to Sept. 10

What part do you not understand, typical neo con reply first bash the poster, then deny it took place and then blame Bill Clinton....un f..cking believable.

10. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Warnings that had nothing conclusive nor anything that could be analyzed in a 24 hour period. Secondly bashing the poster, I wouldn't call it that, I call it more of a little fun ribbing based on comments you made before. And lastly when did I blame Clinton, I simply stated that you lefties tend to ignore everything except for the material that allows you to bash Bush. I also pointed out that it took 7 years for Al Quada to plan and execute 9-11, so do you not think it is fair to say that over that entire span a lot of intel was overlooked or ignored? And for the last time learn something about the poster before you label him a neo-con!

11. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Nem you have your own personal version of fact. Fact Bin Laden attacked this countries soil once prior to 9-11, fact he attacked us in Somalia, Fact he attacked us in Saudi Arabia, fact he attacked us in Kenya, fact he attacked us in Tanzania, fact he attacked us in Yemen all on the watch of Bill Clinton, so to only blame 1 President for failing to kill or capture him, shows that you only care about the Democratic party!

Do you remember how Clinton chose to deal with international terrorism? Through the UN and it failed, but I don't see you calling for his head, he did send some cruise missiles into Afghanistan, after all of the above mentioned terrorist attacks on our country. But you call for Bush's because he chose to take a more pro-active aproach based on the results of Clinton's policy and the Jury is still out on Bush's approach.

12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +268 / 10 / -11

Remember when Republicans used to talk about personal responsibility? Let's consider the fact that 8 months into Bush's term, we were attacked by Al Qaida. To me, personal responsibility would mean that the person in charge says, "I was in charge, and I failed to protect you." Barring that, you would think his supporters would say, "He failed the American people on this one." But, instead, they rally around their president, trying to blame Clinton for 9/11 or some sort of Bush hating psychosis for criticism of the man.

You who elected him deserve some credit for his successes and criticism for his failures. 9/11 did not happen under Clinton, just as the Cole attack did not happen under Bush 1 or the attack on Marines in Lebanon did not happen under Carter or the Iranian hostage crisis did not happen under Ford. 3000 people died on 9/11, and you're letting the man in charge off the hook.

Unbelievable.

13. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Read what I wrote. There was an obvious pattern of escalated attacks throughout the 90's and nothing substantial was done about it, your hero allowed this country to be attacked over and over again and only sent a few cruise missiles as a response to years of terrorist attacks, where is the outrage for all of the Americans that died as a result of that? The only thing you liberals care about is bashing Bush, hell this forum is the perfect example. I never said he was not responsible for 9-11, I am stating that it was more then just one man to blame for that day and more then just one President. But you guys can't see the big picture and quit frankly its why you guys lose elections!

14. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Avoid the facts you can't dispute as always Nem. When will you figure out that I don't have a party? I simply stated facts followed with a fluid and logical post explaining the two different approaches taken by the current and former President on terrorism. And you call it lunacy! So how do feel about Clinton's approach? Maybe if he had commited troops to Afghanistan in '98 we wouldn't have had 9-11, but we will never know and why ponder that when we can have a Bush bashing party!

Woops, I forgot we went into Kosovo to remove Milisovic instead, didn't you say something about the wrong country?

15. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Their both at fault..... And after bin laden was successfull on 911, what happened, we half a##ed an attempt to get him.. Unless you call 200 hundred u.s. spc. ops. and 2000 afghan fighters a huge responce for retalliation.....Its all woulda coulda shoulda........

16. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Do you know how long it takes to deploy troops? Within days we had SOF guys in country creating alliances, a few weeks after that we were bombing, about a month after that the taliban were taken out and the regular forces starting arriving. I don't call that a half @ss response, I call a couple of cruise missiles a ridiculous response to years of terrorist attacks.

17. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Understand your point, except there was calls for more ground troops, when info ascertained binladen was still in the area, those request were denied..Then bin laden walked out of tora bora into pakistan... Woulda coulda shoulda...

18. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

No argument there.